hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Any matched bettor's on the forum?

Anybody on here in to the matched betting? Been doing it myself for a couple of months now and making some good cash from it, it's an improvement on getting rammed from the bookies every weekend anyway.

I only got in to it because of a guy I speak to at the games told me about a hibby he knows who's made over £30k from it this year already. The boy writes about it on his site every month with how much he has made from it and that so I thought I'd give it a bash. Done just over £750 myself from it last month which I was delighted with, the cash is all tax free as well. Could probably make more but not had enough time, going to hit it hard in run up to christmas when off the work and see if I can make more.

Here's the boy's site that explains how it all works and that if you've never heard of it before, it can be tricky to understand at first but once you've done the first couple of offers it's a doddle: http://www.jamie-anderson.com/profit...ulator-review/

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by CB_NO3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anybody on here in to the matched betting? Been doing it myself for a couple of months now and making some good cash from it, it's an improvement on getting rammed from the bookies every weekend anyway.

I only got in to it because of a guy I speak to at the games told me about a hibby he knows who's made over £30k from it this year already. The boy writes about it on his site every month with how much he has made from it and that so I thought I'd give it a bash. Done just over £750 myself from it last month which I was delighted with, the cash is all tax free as well. Could probably make more but not had enough time, going to hit it hard in run up to christmas when off the work and see if I can make more.

Here's the boy's site that explains how it all works and that if you've never heard of it before, it can be tricky to understand at first but once you've done the first couple of offers it's a doddle: http://www.jamie-anderson.com/profit...ulator-review/
    Done this when it was called bonus bagging and once you get the hang of it it's easy. Used it for all sorts of bonuses but my favourite was Blackjack before they made the turnover ridiculously high before you could cash out, I even discovered a bot that played the hands for you. There was plenty free info on ways to take money from the bookies so I wouldn't be paying anybody for it.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    I've tried it and it does work, but I found the temptation to just gamble the free bets in the normal way to hard to resist.

United we stand here....

Its fantastic, especially with the amount of reload offers the bookies give these days. Its printing free money as long as your sensible and keep building up your total.

It's a great way to build up a nice wee bank but a bit soulless for me. I get the thrill from picking a winner, especially one that has been priced up badly by the bookies.

Betting in a way where you really can't lose is too methodical and like hard work for me although as I say I will do it to build up a bank to gamble with.

I really don't understand it if I'm being honest

First Team Breakthrough Dav1986's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: davidmcandrew86
    What sort of bankroll do you need to start that? Do you need to keep opening up new accounts to keep getting the free bets? I've got a bit of a bankroll built up over last few weeks of singles and doubles but higher stakes than normal for a more 'guaranteed' outcome. Making a 10er a day would be enough for me... that's an extra 300 a month

johnbc70
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiberniankb View Post
    Me too, had a quick look at one of the links and was lost.

Anyway give us a quick overview?

Quote Originally Posted by johnbc70 View Post
    Me too, had a quick look at one of the links and was lost.

Anyway give us a quick overview?
    You open an account put a bet on with a bookie like ladbrokes and then you lay the bet of on the exchanges, the result of these 2 bets will leave you with a very small loss(under £1 most times) your original bet then qualifies you for a free bet which you also lay off with the exchanges. Your first bet is usually done at low odds to minimise your losses, the second bet(free bet) is done at bigger odds to maximise your profit. It's all pretty boring stuff and shouldn't really be looked at as gambling as there's no risk involved. If you've got the time and the patience you can make a living from it, my mates handed in his notice at work to do it full time.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Funnily enough, I have just started it last night. My mate got into it a week or so ago. There is no chance I'd be able to work it out myself I don't think, so have been using a website called pure profit that works everything out for you. You get 3 free offers to start with that they talk you through (which will give you around £40 profit), and then if you want to unlock more, its £15 a month but they reckon you can make around £500 a month. It could be time consuming, but coming up to christmas, the extra pennies will come in handy.

All I can say is sign up and watch the videos. Its that easy. Dont look at it as betting. Look at it as a half hours bit of work every night to make cash. It took me a few hours to get my head round it. Do you first bet while watching the video. Pause and rewind as many times as you like. Once you get the hang of it, its a piece of cake. The idea is to keep as much money as possible in your laying account and dont be tempted to take it out, that means you can do more bets at once and so on.

P.S. I should say, I have signed up to 3 different sites and the link I put at the top is by far the best. It has excellent tutorial videos and an excellent forum that keeps you up to date.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiberniankb View Post
    Many online bookmakers offer a sign up/welcome bonus usually a free bet, as an incentive to try and entice you to opening an account with them. This usually requires an initial bet with your own money to obtain the free bet, by using a betting exchange such as Betfair or Betdaq you can remove the risk of losing your own money and extract the free bet in the process to make a profit.This is done using a technique called matched betting, by backing or betting an event at a bookmaker and laying the same event at a betting exchange it is possible to extract free bets to guarantee a profit.
    The matched betting guide section contains a free and comprehensive step by step explanation on how to use this technique to make over £1,500 without too much effort.
    Step by step process

• Open an account with a bookmaker
      • Open an account with one of the betting exchanges
      • Place a qualifying bet with a bookmaker and lay the bet at one of the betting exchanges
      • A free bet will then be credited to your account
      • Place the free bet at the bookmaker and lay the bet at one of the betting exchanges

http://www.matchedbetting.co.uk/

The secret to making money is to treat it as a part time job and don't do 'fun' bets with your bankroll.
    Last edited by Killiehibbie; 20-11-2015 at 04:32 PM.

Might give it a go tonight.

However, if something is too good to be true then it normally is...or someone will put a stop to it somehow. I don't think I'll be jacking my job in yet.

Search for arbritrage betting, much the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Search for arbritrage betting, much the same thing.
    Not really, arbing is backing all outcomes for a profit this is about cashing out bonuses.

Risk free investing, much the same.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CB_NO3 View Post
    P.S. I should say, I have signed up to 3 different sites and the link I put at the top is by far the best. It has excellent tutorial videos and an excellent forum that keeps you up to date.
    Cheers for this Bomber, had a wee look but I've got an account with just about every bookie going so I'd need to fart about with alternative e-mail addresses and bank accounts and I'm not sure I've got the patience....might look at it again next week when I've got more time

Quote Originally Posted by peter douglas View Post
    Might give it a go tonight.

However, if something is too good to be true then it normally is...or someone will put a stop to it somehow. I don't think I'll be jacking my job in yet.
    Funnily enough far from discouraging it many bookies seems to be doing the opposite.

I think they may know many won't have the discipline to not bet away their profits.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Funnily enough far from discouraging it many bookies seems to be doing the opposite.

I think they may know many won't have the discipline to not bet away their profits.
    ...but once you've joined every online bookie is that not it? Free bets are usually for new customers only.

Gamer IDs

...but once you've joined every online bookie is that not it? Free bets are usually for new customers only.
    My wife has suddenly taken a keen interest in online betting

There seems to be hundreds of bookmakers giving out offers these days.

Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    My wife has suddenly taken a keen interest in online betting

There seems to be hundreds of bookmakers giving out offers these days.
    That's why you find some whole countries are banned from welcome bonuses, everybody and their uncle was making money but not actually gambling any.

No the bookies are always doing offers to attract people to bet with them, they're called reload offers.

United we stand here....

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    Quote Originally Posted by Killiehibbie View Post
    Many online bookmakers offer a sign up/welcome bonus usually a free bet, as an incentive to try and entice you to opening an account with them. This usually requires an initial bet with your own money to obtain the free bet, by using a betting exchange such as Betfair or Betdaq you can remove the risk of losing your own money and extract the free bet in the process to make a profit.This is done using a technique called matched betting, by backing or betting an event at a bookmaker and laying the same event at a betting exchange it is possible to extract free bets to guarantee a profit.
    The matched betting guide section contains a free and comprehensive step by step explanation on how to use this technique to make over £1,500 without too much effort.
    Step by step process

• Open an account with a bookmaker
      • Open an account with one of the betting exchanges
      • Place a qualifying bet with a bookmaker and lay the bet at one of the betting exchanges
      • A free bet will then be credited to your account
      • Place the free bet at the bookmaker and lay the bet at one of the betting exchanges

http://www.matchedbetting.co.uk/

The secret to making money is to treat it as a part time job and don't do 'fun' bets with your bankroll.
    I dont understand what step 3 means.

what does place a qualifying bet and a lay bet mean

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Hibee87 View Post
    I dont understand what step 3 means.

what does place a qualifying bet and a lay bet mean
    The bookies say "receive a free £20 bet when you place a £5 bet". The £5 bet is the "qualifier. It releases the free bet. But you need to "lay" it with the likes of Betfair. A lay bet means you are betting on it NOT happening so you cover both sides. You will be a few pence down over the bet but you then do the same with the free bet and you'll end up with a profit - maybe around £15

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    The bookies say "receive a free £20 bet when you place a £5 bet". The £5 bet is the "qualifier. It releases the free bet. But you need to "lay" it with the likes of Betfair. A lay bet means you are betting on it NOT happening so you cover both sides. You will be a few pence down over the bet but you then do the same with the free bet and you'll end up with a profit - maybe around £15
    so take the tennis thats just played.

I place a fiver on a murray win and a fiver on murry loss as the lay.

tomorrow, free 20 pound i bet federer to win and lay 20 on fed to loos.......have i not just spent 30 pound in 2 days on those 2 bets, i still dont understand how i make a profit......soryr for the questions, just starting literally 15 min ago looking at this. might head over to youtube and see if there is some vids

Gamer IDs

Place your fiver on Murray and lay against him. Whatever your result you'll be around 15p down, but you'll now have a £20 free bet. The £20 free bet gets placed on fed, and money layed against him, again you'll lose 2 or 3 quid but that was a free bet so you can now withdraw the cash which will be around £14/£15 profit.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee87 View Post
    so take the tennis thats just played.

I place a fiver on a murray win and a fiver on murry loss as the lay.

tomorrow, free 20 pound i bet federer to win and lay 20 on fed to loos.......have i not just spent 30 pound in 2 days on those 2 bets, i still dont understand how i make a profit......soryr for the questions, just starting literally 15 min ago looking at this. might head over to youtube and see if there is some vids
    FFS man - you've not spent £30 - your outlay is only £10.

If you can't figure that out I wouldn't bother.

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergey View Post
    FFS man - you've not spent £30 - your outlay is only £10.

If you can't figure that out I wouldn't bother.
    What about the Lay money on Fed? That's cash is it not ?
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

@hibs.net private member Godsahibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    It's a great way to build up a nice wee bank but a bit soulless for me. I get the thrill from picking a winner, especially one that has been priced up badly by the bookies.

Betting in a way where you really can't lose is too methodical and like hard work for me although as I say I will do it to build up a bank to gamble with.
    I do agree with this, if you do look at it as gambling then the thrill of 'bookie bashing' is certainly not there. I have started doing it and for me I am looking at it as a part time job, working on it a few hours a week for a not bad return.

I will still be looking at other ways to beat the bookies.