hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: would you like to see bain's as the provider of Pie's at Easter Road

Voters
107. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

98 91.59%
  • NO

9 8.41%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: bain's pies

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee87 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The argument is a moot point though, bains pies are nice, as other other local bakers. But the contract is signed and hibs have no input as to where the catering company purchase the pies. To bring it inhouse would probably be an uneeded cost and hassel for the club when a company will give you xxxx amount of £ a year and do it all for you. The food doesnt really stop anyone going, at least if it did it would be a ridiculous arguement and I think Leeane and co have more inportant things on their plate at the minute than the catering. maybe in a year or so when the contract is up for tender they can make some recomendations on our behalf, but the company who supply hibs are the same company who cover over 40 other teams and those 40 other teams will more than likely use the same supplier so we cant be that bad compaed to elsewhere. My one and only gripe is not the quality, you sometimes get decent pie sometimes not, happens everywhere, but the price is the main issue IMO.
    That's the attitude the club has had for far too long....'just good enough' shouldn't be good enough anymore.

A bit of thought and effort by the club into the catering it provides for its thousands of supporters shouldn't be too much to ask for. Especially as there is a huge amount of goodwill to be had and that there is every possibility that done correctly the supporter can get a better experience and the club more revenue.

Seems clear to me that there is a not insignificant amount of revenue being lost. Better food at smarter prices sold more effectively can be a win win so why not put some time and effort into it.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by SiMar View Post
    That's the attitude the club has had for far too long....'just good enough' shouldn't be good enough anymore.

A bit of thought and effort by the club into the catering it provides for its thousands of supporters shouldn't be too much to ask for. Especially as there is a huge amount of goodwill to be had and that there is every possibility that done correctly the supporter can get a better experience and the club more revenue.

Seems clear to me that there is a not insignificant amount of revenue being lost. Better food at smarter prices sold more effectively can be a win win so why not put some time and effort into it.
    There has been a lot of time and effort gone into by the club in the last year or so into catering. The hospitality and BTG have gone in house. Things will evolve over the next year and it will improve both in the areas mentioned and in the kiosks.

@hibs.net private member HibbyKeith's Avatar
    just a side note on the back of my £9.20 for 2 bovril and 2 pies post.

Today away at Alloa I bought 3 Burger rolls, 2 cups of Tea and 1 coffee for £7.50

Bloody nice too!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbykeith View Post
    just a side note on the back of my £9.20 for 2 bovril and 2 pies post.

Today away at Alloa I bought 3 Burger rolls, 2 cups of Tea and 1 coffee for £7.50

Bloody nice too!
    So you went to Alloa and never got a pie roll?? I'm lost for words

Lol

Quote Originally Posted by SiMar View Post