hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Leith Sansiro
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    just realised it's not available until the Raith Rovers game in jan, so that's another £44 to take off, therefore...£176(even adding £28 for the bigots game and it would be £204) for my 9/10 walk-ups v £200 for a half ST with woopy doop points the only incentive...nah
    Stopped looking for an incentive to watch the Hibs a while ago. If the current form and state of the squad isn't enough to get you back I don't think anything will.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Leith Sansiro
    or, giving the club money from jan-may then they can use it for players in the next window...what's the difference ? or do you think the club would say nah we need it now or don't bother giving it to us for the next window, there's always a next window yes ? they're still getting the same amount of dosh
    That means you're giving them £400 instead of £600 £400 < £600.

Left by mutual consent!
    Attending the cup semi and the upturn in performance is persuading me. I've been only been able to go to Sunday and midweek games but might have Saturday's off post December. The performances and atmosphere against Rangers and Aberdeen were enough to make me want to get a season ticket again.

or, giving the club money from jan-may then they can use it for players in the next window...what's the difference ? or do you think the club would say nah we need it now or don't bother giving it to us for the next window, there's always a next window yes ? they're still getting the same amount of dosh, i don't pay up front for my bacon and egg rolls at the cafe down the road, i pay when i get them, i'm sure he's quite happy he will still be getting my custom over the next few months/years
    If you see supporting your club as being the same as purchasing your bacon and egg rolls then you ain't going to see any merit a season ticket anyway are you? To be honest I'm struggling with your logic there anyway.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeystewart View Post
    Stopped looking for an incentive to watch the Hibs a while ago. If the current form and state of the squad isn't enough to get you back I don't think anything will.

what exactly are you on about i'm going to the games i'm just choosing to pay on other terms....weighing up £176 v £200 is kinda like a no brainer eh, or do i not give enough via the gate/shop/HSL ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeystewart View Post
    That means you're giving them £400 instead of £600 £400 < £600.

no idea how you get those figures it's a half season ticket >>>>>>>>>>>>> £200

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    Is there a payment plan for the half season tickets? Doesnt seem to be much info online other that price then booking

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: n/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee87 View Post
    Is there a payment plan for the half season tickets? Doesnt seem to be much info online other that price then booking
    Doubt it very much.

Prediction League Supremo - 05/06 MB62's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    If you see supporting your club as being the same as purchasing your bacon and egg rolls then you ain't going to see any merit a season ticket anyway are you? To be honest I'm struggling with your logic there anyway.
    Seemed quite straight forward to me TBH.

This whole thing is purely down to personal preference, don't think there is a right or a wrong in it whether you pay up front for a season ticket or game by game.
    People who are absolutely sure they will not miss a game are better off buying a S.T.
    Those that might miss one, two or more during the season are better off, financially, paying in game by game. The club still get the money regardless of what way we decide to pay.

@hibs.net private member
    The kids and youth prices for the FF are great but as with the full ST the adult prices for the East and West are expensive. But this Hibs team are worth watching. Add in the bonus of a SF ticket I'm sure many will sign up.

I think everyone who can, should get a half season ticket. But 200 quid is still a lot to pay up front for something. So if people choose to pay by the game then I don't see an issue with that. We're all in different situations and the fact we have multiple options to be able to go and support the club is great. Let's just make sure we're at Easter Road every time because this really is a team worth supporting.

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Thought the club might have done 4 monthly instalments of £50 . Dec to March . Might have helped shift a lot more with xmas just round the corner .

GGTTH
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    Giving the club the dosh up front so that the manager has more to spend in the transfer window is a big incentive as well though isn't it?
    Only if you have a spare £200, which I guess at this time of the year a lot of folk don't.

Don't get the fascination with season tickets and the "upfront payment argument". If someone doesn't have a wad of cash upfront but has committed to paying at the gate for the season then fair play to them, they get as much "respect" as any season ticket holder. Getting more people through the gates regardless of their payment method should be the aim of the game.

I'm likely to attend about 80% of home games, so financially there's no incentive for me personally. I suppose I could offer the ticket to friends for the games I can't make, and has been mentioned it's better for the club to have a wedge up front.

As ever, it's always going to be tough to sell season tickets when the stadium is only half full and fans know they can walk up for any game.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    I distinctly remembering during the darkest days of Fenlon's reign that I made a vow never to purchase a Season Ticket again as frankly the football/entertainment on offer at the time could only be described as dire.

However a refreshing wind of change is at last blowing through the Club and I've decided to take the plunge.

Bloody fool that I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibee87 View Post
    Use your flexible friend?

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    I distinctly remembering during the darkest days of Fenlon's reign that I made a vow never to purchase a Season Ticket again as frankly the football/entertainment on offer at the time could only be described as dire.

However a refreshing wind of change is at last blowing through the Club and I've decided to take the plunge.

Bloody fool that I am.

Glory hunter.

Bloody fool that I am.

Fool?

Nutter!

Hibs nutter though so that's OK ;-)
    Space to let

Quote Originally Posted by AngusHibby View Post
    How many does everyone think we'll shift?

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar

Bloody fool that I am.

Just cancel Christmas and get yourself a ticket. If you have a wife/husband and bairns I'm sure that they'll will understand.

@hibs.net private member andy1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Think a child goes up to 12?
    Cheers Billy.

I'll be down for my half ST this week.

I let it lapse a couple of seasons ago after missing around 5/6 games over the course of the season and coupled with getting relegated, it just wasnt proving value for money.

As much as my circumstances have still not changed and i'll still miss games, it kind of feels wrong not backing the club just now in any which way I can.

So £195 for my ST, and potentially one for 9 year old as well who hates going, but ach well, she'll grow to like it eventually eh 
    Last edited by andy1875; 16-11-2015 at 07:04 PM.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    or, giving the club money from jan-may then they can use it for players in the next window...what's the difference ? or do you think the club would say nah we need it now or don't bother giving it to us for the next window, there's always a next window yes ? they're still getting the same amount of dosh, i don't pay up front for my bacon and egg rolls at the cafe down the road, i pay when i get them, i'm sure he's quite happy he will still be getting my custom over the next few months/years
    Guaranteed income to any business is far better than a projected budget including your cafe down the road

Quote Originally Posted by scott_b_ View Post
    Only if you have a spare £200, which I guess at this time of the year a lot of folk don't.

Don't get the fascination with season tickets and the "upfront payment argument". If someone doesn't have a wad of cash upfront but has committed to paying at the gate for the season then fair play to them, they get as much "respect" as any season ticket holder. Getting more people through the gates regardless of their payment method should be the aim of the game.
    Of course it is only an incentive if you have the money.
    I have made no comment about not respecting fans who don't buy a season and I wouldn't. No matter how people pay its all good.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

For those that don't have a spare £200 at this time of year get all your Christmas present buying people to club together to buy you a ST, or contribute to one.

I know what it's like, from way back, and I know how challenging it is. Any change could buy the wains wan, regular and very important parent/child bonding :-)
    Space to let

@hibs.net private member StevieC's Avatar
    Season tickets just aren't the value for money that they used to be. I would expect a full season ticket to provide the equivalent of 2 free games. I am guessing that, like me, a lot of supporters may miss 2 or 3 games a season (especially given the amount of movement of fixtures to accommodate TV). When the saving is less than the amount spent on one fixture it means that a lot of us will question whether it is worthwhile. I know that there are the added benefits of having your own seat, or cup tickets, and that's fine for those that view this as an added bonus that makes it more enticing .. but it's not for everyone.

I had a season ticket for about 10 years, and most of those were adult&child as I tried to encourage my kids along. With the current season ticket pricing though I just pay per game.
    But you know it ain't all about wealth,
    as long as you make a note to .. EXPRESS YOURSELF!

Quote Originally Posted by MB62 View Post
    Seemed quite straight forward to me TBH.

This whole thing is purely down to personal preference, don't think there is a right or a wrong in it whether you pay up front for a season ticket or game by game.
    People who are absolutely sure they will not miss a game are better off buying a S.T.
    Those that might miss one, two or more during the season are better off, financially, paying in game by game. The club still get the money regardless of what way we decide to pay.
    exactos ...the maths are quite simple...as i tried(badly it would appear) to point out

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Guaranteed income to any business is far better than a projected budget including your cafe down the road
    you're right of course but i think someone failed to notice the maths(which i pointed out in wee numbers and everything), £200 for 9 home games, i've already stated i'm only going to 8 home games >>> 8x £22 = £176, BUT...even if i DID walk up to the 9th game as well it would cost me £204...a mega £4 saving if i paid up front, and i might even miss the Alloa or Dumbarton game as well making the half ST even less value for moi, which is all that i was trying to point out in the first place....and like others have stated they/i fail to see the importance of getting the money in quickly for the transfer window coming up, if anything the summer window will be more important than the jan window, imo of course, not many decent players available in the jan sales :)

@hibs.net private member
    Surely money received now could go towards extending contracts of existing players such as Jason.

Not only to add to the squad which doesn't need much of an improvement.

it's swings and roundabouts though, i'm confident we have the players to see us go up at the end of the season therefore we don't need any players brought in in the jan window, you're right it could be used to possibly extend JC's contract in jan, but the money from my walk ups from jan to may will still be worth the same value and will go towards acquiring new players for our shot at the big boys league

@hibs.net private member
    it's swings and roundabouts though, i'm confident we have the players to see us go up at the end of the season therefore we don't need any players brought in in the jan window, you're right it could be used to possibly extend JC's contract in jan, but the money from my walk ups from jan to may will still be worth the same value and will go towards acquiring new players for our shot at the big boys league
    Not knocking walk ups. Every fan is important but you can't beat money up front which is guaranteed.

Must admit I quite like having the ticket paid for up front but it suits me.

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    Not knocking walk ups. Every fan is important but you can't beat money up front which is guaranteed.

Must admit I quite like having the ticket paid for up front but it suits me.
    well the club are just going to have to trust me when i tell them i'm guaranteeing them at least £154 from forthcoming walk-ups, they can budget on that might even get a wee bonus of an extra £22 (but don't budget on that)