hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Only ten days to go to bag those loyalty points in time for a possible cup final.

http://www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk/phone/donate.html

Only takes a couple of minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

Just signed up. A couple of my mates are going to soon as well.

I only did it for the points, and will likely cancel it in February.

Lets keep the momentum going!

GGTTH
    Last edited by Lee Marvin; 10-11-2015 at 12:42 PM.

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MixerKev View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just signed up. A couple of my mates are going to soon as well.

I only did it for the points, and will likely cancel it in February.

Lets keep the momentum going!

GGTTH
    I am going to sign up(for the 3rd time), cancel after 4 payments but decline the loyalty points

do the points carry on through next season & so on or does everyone go back to 0 when the season ends & we start again ?

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bod View Post
    do the points carry on through next season & so on or does everyone go back to 0 when the season ends & we start again ?
    Loyalty points work on a 3 year cycle.

"Point totals will be carried over from last season, with a rolling 3 year cycle planned for accumulation of points. For example, when season 2017/18 begins the points from 14/15 will be removed. The accumulation of points is designed to recognise the ongoing commitment of supporters across seasons."
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Loyalty points work on a 3 year cycle.

"Point totals will be carried over from last season, with a rolling 3 year cycle planned for accumulation of points. For example, when season 2017/18 begins the points from 14/15 will be removed. The accumulation of points is designed to recognise the ongoing commitment of supporters across seasons."
    So if you join HSL you benefit from the points for three seasons. Handy for the Scottish cup final as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kojock View Post
    How is it petty. The loyalty scheme was set up to reward supporters who attended matches, the more games you attend the more points you gather, seems a very simplistic scheme, however Hibs have moved the goal posts and are now giving fans who DONT go to away games an opportunity to accumulate more points than someone who does. Does that seem fair to you ??

I sponsor a player strip, so why don't I get points for that ??
    The simple fact that you are choosing to ignore is that the 100 points given to a HSL member will have no impact on the amount of points accumulated by a regular attendee, nor, if they are that regular, will it influence what a regular can use their superior points balance for.

If my circumstances remains the same and there is no reason as to why they shouldn't, I intend to keep on paying in to this scheme for as long as it lasts, or until I'm dead, whichever comes first and people are moaning about 100 worthless loyalty points, I rarely get the opportunity to see a game!! So the money I'm paying in, is helping towards the quality that regular attenders are able to see.

With regards to the simplistic loyalty scheme, things evolve, that is called progress and if it means that our club is in a better financial footing, I can't see how you are looking at it in such a negative manner.

I think some people spend too much time looking over their shoulder, in case others get an advantage and this prevents them fully appreciating what they have.

PS. The pride of place on my son's bedroom wall are his two sponsors shirts, I never got any points for them either?? He has only ever been to Scotland twice, but is passionate about our club and i'm sure when he finishes Uni, his visits will be far more frequent. Since he was a toddler, most often at his request, the Hibs shop have done a roaring trade over the years and he has only ever been to three games, with one of them being in Dublin.

There is more than one way to support a club, thankfully hibs are starting to appreciate that and eventually the so called urber fan may just realise that fact too.
    Last edited by Ray_; 10-11-2015 at 02:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    So if you join HSL you benefit from the points for three seasons. Handy for the Scottish cup final as well.

Compared to the 540 points a season ticket holder who has attended zero away games would have, it's hardly a privileged position!

The every home and away every week folk could have 810!

And that's not counting cup games and friendlies.
    Last edited by Hibbyradge; 10-11-2015 at 02:26 PM.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray-in-ireland View Post
    The simple fact that you are choosing to ignore is that the 100 points given to a HSL member will have no impact on the amount of points accumulated by a regular attendee, nor, if they are that regular, will it influence what a regular can use their superior points balance for.

If my circumstances remains the same and there is no reason as to why they shouldn't, I intend to keep on paying in to this scheme for as long as it lasts, or until I'm dead, whichever comes first and people are moaning about 100 worthless loyalty points, I rarely get the opportunity to see a game!! So the money I'm paying in, is helping towards the quality that regular attenders are able to see.

With regards to the simplistic loyalty scheme, things evolve, that is called progress and if it means that our club is in a better financial footing, I can't see how you are looking at it in such a negative manner.

I think some people spend too much time looking over their shoulder, in case others get an advantage and this prevents them fully appreciating what they have.

PS. The pride of place on my son's bedroom wall are his two sponsors shirts, I never got any points for them either?? He has only ever been to Scotland twice, but is passionate about our club and i'm sure when he finishes Uni, his visits will be far more frequent. Since he was a toddler, most often at his request, the Hibs shop have done a roaring trade over the years and he has only ever been to three games, with one of them being in Dublin.

There is more than one way to support a club, thankfully hibs are starting to appreciate that and eventually the so called urber fan may just realise that fact too.
    I'm not ignoring the fact about the 100 points, if I bought a season ticket for this season (150 points ) then went to every away game @ 3 per game I would only be able to accumulate a total of around 200 points. Whereas if I buy a season ticket and cant be bothered going to away games but contribute £15 to HSL I would have 250 points. The object of the scheme was to reward fans who attend games but Hibs have devised a way that a non attender can accumulate more points than a regular attendee. Sorry but that is an unfair system in my book.

I'm not ignoring the fact about the 100 points, if I bought a season ticket for this season (150 points ) then went to every away game @ 3 per game I would only be able to accumulate a total of around 200 points. Whereas if I buy a season ticket and cant be bothered going to away games but contribute £15 to HSL I would have 250 points. The object of the scheme was to reward fans who attend games but Hibs have devised a way that a non attender can accumulate more points than a regular attendee. Sorry but that is an unfair system in my book.
    A season ticket gets you 180 points. An away game, 5.

Ask yourself how many people will buy a season ticket and only contribute £5 for 3 months before stopping the Direct Debit.

Why would they do that? For an extra 100 points?

What on earth for? They're already GUARANTEED to get every ticket they want, just for having a season ticket.

If one or two dafties do that, then Hibs are £15 better off. The wee laddies can chug themselves stupid over their points total, but it won't make an iota of difference to the regular fans.

The reward for regular attendance isn't points, it's priority when scarce tickets are up for grabs and that won't change.
    Last edited by Hibbyradge; 10-11-2015 at 02:47 PM.

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    A season ticket gets you 180 points. An away game, 5.

Ask yourself how many people will buy a season ticket and only contribute £5 for 3 months before stopping the Direct Debit.

Why would they do that? For an extra 100 points?

What on earth for? They're already GUARANTEED to get every ticket they want, just for having a season ticket.
    My mistake I was working on last seasons point allocation.

I don't know how many people will cancel after January, we will obviously have to wait until then and yes some people will take advantage of it for the 100 points.

How does having a season ticket guarantee you a ticket for every away match, we get 800 or so tickets for Ibrox and have 7000 season ticket holders, as you see maths is not my strong point but even I know you cant divide 7000 equally into 800.

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Something was tickling the back of my mind re the Loyalty Point Scheme when I saw how this thread was beginning to play out.....

Had a look and from the LP section of the Hibs web site ...

"The Club may also run special promotions for additional bonus points throughout the season."

And

"Will points be awarded for other purchases I make?

At present the scheme is focussed on recognising attendance at matches as opposed to expenditure.

The Club and the Working Together group are looking at potentially linking other purchases to a loyalty/reward scheme in the future. This may include retail parts of the Club but the priority just now is the ticketing loyalty scheme."

So the possibility of the club leveraging the scheme to help drive additional income was always a possibility?

My mistake I was working on last seasons point allocation.

I don't know how many people will cancel after January, we will obviously have to wait until then and yes some people will take advantage of it for the 100 points.

How does having a season ticket guarantee you a ticket for every away match, we get 800 or so tickets for Ibrox and have 7000 season ticket holders, as you see maths is not my strong point but even I know you cant divide 7000 equally into 800.
    No points will cancel after January. It's a 3 year rolling scheme.

If you had a season ticket last year and this, you're on 330 points, plus any cup games and away matches. How could a home only fan get close to all that?

And, more to the point, what's the chances that a home only fan would suddenly want a ticket for Ibrox?

If we only get 800 tickets for a game, the competition for those tickets will be between folk who go to away games, not stay at home supporters.

Its a good job not everybody's mind works that way, otherwise people like me who pay in to HSL, won't do so, because it is the people who are able to go to games are the ones who benefit most by our HSL input!

I may have missed this but is it for new subscribers?

I pay £18.75 a month and have been for most of the year I think.

Do I get nowt then?!

Quote Originally Posted by 3pm View Post

Do I get nowt then?!
    As far as I'm aware it's for all subscribers with at least 3 months paid. I'm in the same boat as you.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Leithenhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 3pm View Post

Do I get nowt then?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    As far as I'm aware it's for all subscribers with at least 3 months paid. I'm in the same boat as you.
    Everyone will get the points.

http://www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk...-benefits.html

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leithenhibby View Post
    I have just signed up to HSL - noted that at no point did it ask for my Hibs Client Reference Number - once three payments have come off how will the loyalty points be tied in? Presumably HSL will need to go through the HFC client database (or vice versa) and manually add the points on? Only matching info on both sides will be name and address.

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlad View Post
    I have just signed up to HSL - noted that at no point did it ask for my Hibs Client Reference Number - once three payments have come off how will the loyalty points be tied in? Presumably HSL will need to go through the HFC client database (or vice versa) and manually add the points on? Only matching info on both sides will be name and address.
    wondering this one as well

Quote Originally Posted by HibbyScott View Post
    That's me just signed up!
    Good work.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray-in-ireland View Post
    Due to where I live and work commitments, I rarely get to games these days.

I went for years to all the home and away games and to be honest, I find this type of argument petty. There is not a Hibs supporter, anywhere, who goes to twenty away games in a season, who has not accumulated considerably more than 100 points.

For the record, I pay in to two HSL accounts, [one for my son] and also subscribe to Hibs TV & buy from the shop and I'm delighted to do so and apparently [as I found out last season, when I went to buy match tickets through the club] I'm no longer even registered on the database, therefore won't get any points anyway.
    You will have not one, but two cracking certificates to show for your efforts, long after the points have gone.

Cert.jpg

http://www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk/donate.html

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post

If we can just keep the momentum going, Alan Stubbs and his coaching staff can go shopping in the January window.

GGTTH

Seems to be some momentum behind this now. Hopefully give the board confidence to back Stubbs in Jan.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Spanish_Kebab
    Signed up. This club is wakening up

Quote Originally Posted by Nevi_SOL View Post
    Signed up. This club is wakening up

I like your style. Welcome

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Leithen

Not sure if you've got a role in HSL, but I emailed them last night and I'm not sure if the reply option gets read, if you know what I mean.
    If you are, can you PM me?

First Team Regular
    Overseas supporters can now sign up to HSL with monthly payments from credit card using paypal using this link . You don't need a UK bank account nor a UK issued credit card for this option .
    http://www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk/donate-abroad.html
    I just signed up successfully using this option for monthly payments from my Hongkong issued credit card.

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    If we can just keep the momentum going, Alan Stubbs and his coaching staff can go shopping in the January window.

GGTTH
    What does £50 every 1 month for £50 indefinitely mean?

Quote Originally Posted by NadeAteMyLunch! View Post
    What does £50 every 1 month for £50 indefinitely mean?

This should answer your question - http://www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk/news.html

Scroll down - Changes to Way You Can Support HSL and Our Club

GGTTH

Coaching Staff
    This should answer your question - http://www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk/news.html

Scroll down - Changes to Way You Can Support HSL and Our Club

GGTTH
    It would be nice to be able to scroll down. That website has needed sorted since it launched!!

Quote Originally Posted by hongkonghibee View Post
    Overseas supporters can now sign up to HSL with monthly payments from credit card using paypal using this link . You don't need a UK bank account nor a UK issued credit card for this option .
    http://www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk/donate-abroad.html
    I just signed up successfully using this option for monthly payments from my Hongkong issued credit card.
    We very much appreciate your support and positivity hongkonghibee, Welcome on board.