hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar

Join HSL by 20 November for Loyalty points

This might be particularly useful for non-season ticket holders who haven't joined yet, but might want to increase their chances of cup tickets etc.

Everyone who has made at least three payments to HSL by 31st January 2016 will have 100 loyalty points added to their account on 2nd February.

If you join before 20 November, you can achieve that (it takes a week or so before the first payment comes off your account so don't wait any later).

Season ticket holders still get priority, but HSL members will be up the pecking order a bit.

That's too late for the semi-final, but the final is in March and you just never know...

http://hiberniansupporters.co.uk/
    Last edited by Hibbyradge; 09-11-2015 at 08:13 PM.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    Not wanting to start a debate here but if you pay the minimum per month which is £5, it means that for £15 you get 100 loyalty points, is that fair? What happens if cancel your DD after that, will your points be deducted ??

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kojock View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not wanting to start a debate here but if you pay the minimum per month which is £5, it means that for £15 you get 100 loyalty points, is that fair? What happens if cancel your DD after that, will your points be deducted ??
    No

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    No, but you are over thinking it. 😁

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    I don`t agree with this.

I`ve got my loyalty points through buying a season ticket and buying tickets for away games. I`m also a subscriber to HSL but to get 100 more points for that defeats the whole purpose of the Loyalty Scheme in my opinion. I believe Loyalty Points should only be attained by attending games.

What will be next? A hundred points if you have over 5000 posts on Hibs.net..?

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    I don`t agree with this.

I`ve got my loyalty points through buying a season ticket and buying tickets for away games. I`m also a subscriber to HSL but to get 100 more points for that defeats the whole purpose of the Loyalty Scheme in my opinion. I believe Loyalty Points should only be attained by attending games.

What will be next? A hundred points if you have over 5000 posts on Hibs.net..?

Why does it bother you?

Highly active supporters such as you would have already accumulated so many points that the 100 given to HSL member wouldn't have any affect on what you can get for your already accrued stake holding.

Without having to scrutinise hibs attendances in recent years, anything that will encourage people to pay cash in to hibs and feel a part of the club, to me, that can only be a good thing and for the "true" fans, if you think about it, it isn't really going to have any affect on them.

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray-in-ireland View Post
    Why does it bother you?

Highly active supporters such as you would have already accumulated so many points that the 100 given to HSL member wouldn't have any affect on what you can get for your already accrued stake holding.

Without having to scrutinise hibs attendances in recent years, anything that will encourage people to pay cash in to hibs and feel a part of the club, to me, that can only be a good thing and for the "true" fans, if you think about it, it isn't really going to have any affect on them.
    For a supporter to accrue 100 points they would have to attend at least 20 away games, spending a small fortune in the process. So to be able to gain 100 points for spending £15 seems unfair to me.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    For a supporter to accrue 100 points they would have to attend at least 20 away games, spending a small fortune in the process. So to be able to gain 100 points for spending £15 seems unfair to me.
    I'm with you on this, my dad who's 76 goes to every game home and away, he also goes to most home and some away development games. This will push him down the pecking order for tickets, a bit unfair. Also unfair on Hibs fans who go home and away, but may be tight for cash

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    Loyalty points are a promotion tool and are being used as such.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Ive just signed up.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    I'm with you on this, my dad who's 76 goes to every game home and away, he also goes to most home and some away development games. This will push him down the pecking order for tickets, a bit unfair. Also unfair on Hibs fans who go home and away, but may be tight for cash
    I'm not trying to knock either of you on this. Can I ask, anybody, how many supporters do you think would jump the ticket queue who already go home and away by spending £15? Or even if they signed up forever.

I honestly can't see there ever being a time when regular supporters won't get a ticket for Easter Road or Hampden. I can't see home only supporters all of a sudden going to away games just because they have the points.

The home and away guys will have points out of sight of most supporters.

I can see irregular supporters getting tickets for big matches with a certain degree of security, but that will only be ahead of those who don't put anything into the club, folk who only see Hibs live at Hampden.

I think you're Dad's tickets are safe Billy :-)
    Space to let

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    I'm not trying to knock either of you on this. Can I ask, anybody, how many supporters do you think would jump the ticket queue who already go home and away by spending £15? Or even if they signed up forever.

I honestly can't see there ever being a time when regular supporters won't get a ticket for Easter Road or Hampden. I can't see home only supporters all of a sudden going to away games just because they have the points.

The home and away guys will have points out of sight of most supporters.

I can see irregular supporters getting tickets for big matches with a certain degree of security, but that will only be ahead of those who don't put anything into the club, folk who only see Hibs live at Hampden.

I think you're Dad's tickets are safe Billy :-)
    That's my take on it.

If a couple of folk take advantage of the scheme, so be it. There may be nothing in it for them anyway.

Most people, if not all, will sign up for the longer term because they'll want full membership.

It's a good idea.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

I don't get to nearly enough games, so I've signed up. #GGTTH

Just a thought and not related to hibs whatsoever but as I have signed up to the monthly DD scheme with this help improve my credit rating?

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JHFC View Post
    Just a thought and not related to hibs whatsoever but as I have signed up to the monthly DD scheme with this help improve my credit rating?
    No it's not a credit agreement

United we stand here....

I think it's important to encourage as many people as possible to sign up.. The more people that feel involved with the club the better.. I've not signed up yet but planned too and I'm trying to persuade a couple of occasional attenders to do so too..

£15 gets you 100 points, but shareholder's who bought direct getting nowt as far as I am aware....Superb stuff

Stupid ill thought out idea..........
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

First Team Regular
    Joined yesterday as I finally felt that the momentum was starting to really happen with HSL. Wondering though, I haven't received an email from them to confirm that I will be donating, is this standard?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    £15 gets you 100 points, but shareholder's who bought direct getting nowt as far as I am aware....Superb stuff

As. Shareholder I get annual report, copy of the accounts and can attend the club agm as well as feeling I have made an additional contribution to the club. For me it's about supporting the club. Loyalty points? I can live without

It's about raising capital for the club so it's not stupid.

Maybe new, direct buy shareholders could have been given points too, but to use that omission as precedent for the HSL approach would definitely have been ill thought out and stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by QMU-1875 View Post
    Joined yesterday as I finally felt that the momentum was starting to really happen with HSL. Wondering though, I haven't received an email from them to confirm that I will be donating, is this standard?
    Did you not get an email saying that Gocardless would be taking cash from your account?

Quote Originally Posted by CentreLine View Post
    As. Shareholder I get annual report, copy of the accounts and can attend the club agm as well as feeling I have made an additional contribution to the club. For me it's about supporting the club. Loyalty points? I can live without
    Not questioning the scheme, questioning why 3 Monthly payments of £5 gets you 100 loyalty points, when the loyalty points scheme was introduced for attendance of matches (as per the section on official website)

Not questioning the scheme, questioning why 3 Monthly payments of £5 gets you 100 loyalty points, when the loyalty points scheme was introduced for attendance of matches (as per the section on official website)

@hibs.net private member

Agree with you.

To me it is about saying one group is more important than others.

Leeann admitted it had gone wrong, hope they sort that soon.

BTW I am a shareholder and HSL member.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    It's about raising capital for the club so it's not stupid.

Maybe new, direct buy shareholders could have been given points too, but to use that omission as precedent for the HSL approach would definitely have been ill thought out and stupid.
    Well aware its about raising capital, but it's wrong to offer loyalty points based on this scheme. The mandate originally for HSL was to collect monies and buy shares......

For me it's clear the take up was poor, so the introduction of something was the "marketing". Doesn't sit well with me......

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinho08 View Post
    I don't get to nearly enough games, so I've signed up. #GGTTH
    A brilliant and honest post.

Don't get your point?

Well aware its about raising capital, but it's wrong to offer loyalty points based on this scheme. The mandate originally for HSL was to collect monies and buy shares......

For me it's clear the take up was poor, so the introduction of something was the "marketing". Doesn't sit well with me......
    Of course the original purpose of loyalty points was to encourage folk to buy season tickets, but it's the football that sells tickets, not points. Crowds are slowly increasing now and I doubt 5 points per game has anything to do with that.

If the HSL uptake was poor, then something had to be done and I can't think of a better way to get people to part with their cash than giving them something in return.

Even if it's ethereal "loyalty points" which cost the club nothing and will likely be useless to the owner.

It's a superb piece of marketing, in my opinion.

I actually doubt that anyone will donate £5 for 3 months then stop their direct debit. If a handful do, then that's the price to be paid for all the others who have signed up for an ongoing £18.75.

Anyway, if folk don't join HSL by about 20 November, there will be no points to be had, so all the ultra points hoarders will be able to revel once again, in their superiority over the mere mortals. .

Of course the original purpose of loyalty points was to encourage folk to buy season tickets, but it's the football that sells tickets, not points. Crowds are slowly increasing now and I doubt 5 points per game has anything to do with that.

If the HSL uptake was poor, then something had to be done and I can't think of a better way to get people to part with their cash than giving them something in return.

Even if it's ethereal "loyalty points" which cost the club nothing and will likely be useless to the owner.

It's a superb piece of marketing, in my opinion.

I actually doubt that anyone will donate £5 for 3 months then stop their direct debit. If a handful do, then that's the price to be paid for all the others who have signed up for an ongoing £18.75.

Anyway, if folk don't join HSL by about 20 November, there will be no points to be had, so all the ultra points hoarders will be able to revel once again, in their superiority over the mere mortals. .
    Have to agree to disagree then...........

Don't get your point?
    I was trying to say that the reason it was done was as a carrot to get folk to start donating in the knowedge that more will likely follow.

It is a well known tactic to ask for a small, relatively painless, initial commitment in the knowledge that with minimal pressure, it can be increased later.

I realise I'm digressing a bit, but Robert Cialdini has done a lot of celebrated work on persuasion/influence and this wee video helps explain.

If you don't want to watch all 11 minutes, although it's a very interesting video, the piece from about 6.00 minutes is relevant to this. Enjoy!