hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Jason Cummings

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Trager View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thought he played really well yesterday.
    Truly.

Except from when it was better to square it to Keatings I genuinely thought he had a cracking performance
    He was class yesterday, couldn't blame him for having a shot at the end either thought it was a good effort, good save by Cuthbert.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Well done Jason " if it aint broken don't mend it "
    Even after 75 years of following Hibs one of my top five greats/favourites was Jimmy O'Rourke.
    Take a minute to look at his scoring record and you will find that nearly 70% of the goals he scored were aagainst teams in the bottom half of the table
    " I rest my case "

@hibs.net private member Seveno's Avatar
    He has really exciting natural talent, pace and energy. I think Stubbs will help him to improve to be a top class striker.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    I really rate him. Cracking wee player, hope he's at Hibs for years.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    He's getting better but nowhere near the level of O'Connor, Fletcher or Deeks
    He's a totally different kind of player. The type of penalty box player we haven't had for a long time and he's getting better all the time. I wish more of our players had his self-belief.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    He's getting better but nowhere near the level of O'Connor, Fletcher or Deeks
    Deeks was a special unique talent, Fletch and O'Connor were/are nothing special. Just useful strikers who know their strengths and had their own limitations. I think if Cummings keeps the head and focuses and works hard he could be better than GOC and Fletch. And will eclipse Deeks career which by and large was a failure.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Centre Hawf View Post
    Deeks was a special unique talent, Fletch and O'Connor were/are nothing special. Just useful strikers who know their strengths and had their own limitations. I think if Cummings keeps the head and focuses and works hard he could be better than GOC and Fletch. And will eclipse Deeks career which by and large was a failure.
    Contradicting yourself there.

Cummings will be some player if he develops and comes close to either GOC or Fletcher. Here's hoping he cuts it with Hibs in the SPL next season. That would be a good test to see if he can score regularly against better players.

Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    Contradicting yourself there.

Cummings will be some player if he develops and comes close to either GOC or Fletcher. Here's hoping he cuts it with Hibs in the SPL next season. That would be a good test to see if he can score regularly against better players.
    Agree my post comes across as confusing. In the grand scheme of things I was meaning GOC and Fletcher weren't exactly world beaters. I was more trying to say that to suggest he won't be as good as them is wrong.

Agree my post comes across as confusing. In the grand scheme of things I was meaning GOC and Fletcher weren't exactly world beaters. I was more trying to say that to suggest he won't be as good as them is wrong.
    Think fletch was and is a better player that GOC or Cummings at present, knocking them in again for a poor Sunderland side, would love to see him given chance at a better epl team.

He knows how to put the ball in the net. He has also improved his game over the last 12 months but for the sake of his own career he needs to continue to do so. I say that based on him moving on from Hibs in the future.

With the riches on offer in England, if he continues to improve on the "other aspects" then he could end up earning some serious cash from the game.

Cummings would do extremely well to be as good as Fletcher, scoring 10/15 goals in the premier league is no joke.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Cummings speaking about McGinn's goal on Saturday - "Unbelievable strike. He’s been watching me in training"

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/footba...#axzz3pfnQxx5e

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Iainhfc PSN ID: Iainhfc
    Id say looks a far better player than fletcher looked when he broke into team first few seasons. Hopefully keeps up the good work

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Cummings speaking about McGinn's goal on Saturday - "Unbelievable strike. He’s been watching me in training"

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/footba...#axzz3pfnQxx5e
    That's another great thing about him- he's actually got a personality. There's really nothing not to like about him if you're a Hibs fan.

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HadALineWiGarry View Post
    Id say looks a far better player than fletcher looked when he broke into team first few seasons. Hopefully keeps up the good work
    I really like Cummings, I think he has done absolutely fantastically for us and will continue to develop but I would have to disagree strongly with the above about him looking better than Fletcher.

From the moment Fletcher broke into the team you could see he was a special talent, originally played in midfield sometimes, to help him develop.

Fletchers problem is and was that he was very one footed and did not / does not score enough tap ins, he also was and is more of a team player and better at holding the ball up and linking play. He has however a penchant for the spectacular goal.

Conversely Jason's problem is that isn't as yet as adroit at holding the ball up and linking play and doesn't as yet score many spectacular goals, he does however have a great knack of scoring tap ins and poachers goals and for being in the right place at the right time.

His all round game is developing well and he looks to have added a considerable bit of pace to the game he had when he first broke through.

Not going to happen but their strengths would complement each other, other than the fact they are both left footed.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Heard a guy on the train home on Saturday saying that Cummings will have no value until he learns how to head a ball

Quote Originally Posted by BSEJVT View Post
    I really like Cummings, I think he has done absolutely fantastically for us and will continue to develop but I would have to disagree strongly with the above about him looking better than Fletcher.

From the moment Fletcher broke into the team you could see he was a special talent, originally played in midfield sometimes, to help him develop.

Fletchers problem is and was that he was very one footed and did not / does not score enough tap ins, he also was and is more of a team player and better at holding the ball up and linking play. He has however a penchant for the spectacular goal.

Conversely Jason's problem is that isn't as yet as adroit at holding the ball up and linking play and doesn't as yet score many spectacular goals, he does however have a great knack of scoring tap ins and poachers goals and for being in the right place at the right time.

His all round game is developing well and he looks to have added a considerable bit of pace to the game he had when he first broke through.

Not going to happen but their strengths would complement each other, other than the fact they are both left footed.
    This is, for me, the best thing about him.

He has always been a goalscorer albeit he was raw and had a few rough edges.

He's improving all the time and his all-round game is getting better and better.

He still makes the odd daft decision that can drive you nuts at times but this is happening less and less.

If he keeps improving at the rate he is currently then he will mature into a magnificent player.

Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    Heard a guy on the train home on Saturday saying that Cummings will have no value until he learns how to head a ball
    If you see that guy again tell him from me that he's the worst manager Scotland has ever had and that he is a Harry Potter lookalike gonk whose eye-bleedingly bad football is intolerable anywhere outside Gorgie.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    If you see that guy again tell him from me that he's the worst manager Scotland has ever had and that he is a Harry Potter lookalike gonk whose eye-bleedingly bad football is intolerable anywhere outside Gorgie.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HadALineWiGarry View Post
    Difference being Fletch was doing it in the big league when he broke through and against better players, Cummings is doing well, would like to see how he copes when we get back in to the top league against a better player.

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Difference being Fletch was doing it in the big league when he broke through and against better players, Cummings is doing well, would like to see how he copes when we get back in to the top league against a better player.
    He's showed it at times when we have played SPL sides.

Scored against DU and Aberdeen in the league cup.

Scored twice against a hearts side that strolled this league last season.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Cummings would do extremely well to be as good as Fletcher, scoring 10/15 goals in the premier league is no joke.
    MOTM for some people in the Tyne and Wear derby this weekend.

Jason Cummings also doing just fine. Keep it up pal.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    That's over 3 seasons presumably?

First Team Regular leithsansiro's Avatar
    Genuine question; who's the last (young) player that we had who got us so excited?

Quote Originally Posted by leithsansiro View Post
    Genuine question; who's the last (young) player that we had who got us so excited?

Benji??

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Benji??
    What age was Benji when he joined us? Thought he was a lot older than Jason currently is

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    What age was Benji when he joined us? Thought he was a lot older than Jason currently is
    Doesn't stop him being young-everybody is to me

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post

Fletch also had far better players around him than Cummings presently has.

JC would score goals in the SPL make no mistake about it.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Do comparisons with past players actually help?

Fletch will unlikely return and maybe the real quality players of yester year are just that and we'll be blessed if we see their likes again. One things for sure - Cummings is his own man and a breath of fresh air emerging from the toxicity of the Butcher era.
    Sit back and enjoy him whilst he's here.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    That's over 3 seasons presumably?
    Scored 52 premier league goals since he left (only Duncan Ferguson and Kevin Gallacher have more I think), not bad considering the dross he has played with. Injuries/form haven't been great last 2 years but his record for Wolves and Burnley are very impressive. There is a reason Sunderland paid big money for him.