hibs.net Messageboard

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Jason Cummings

Thing is, even if Jason signs for another four years he'd prob still go in the summer. Just means we'd get a very good fee for him. Contracts these days just mean they are signing so the clubs get more money.

There is no loyalty now, not that I blame them in anyway for moving to a better standard and earning more as I'd do the very same. No matter what happens with him I'm convinced he will be away come end of summer window.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Personally, I think someone like him would be mad to commit to a new contract when they don't actually need to, with no guarentee that we will be out of this league next season.

That said, I hope we can tie him down and I fully expect that the club will be trying to do so.
    The voice of reason. I agree with your point, If I were in his position I would be balancing the extra wages against the bigger picture, what league Hibs will play in would be a factor. The allure of the Scottish second tier must surely be wearing a bit thin?

Another consideration will be our financial situation, if we fail to win promotion. In those circumstances I would imagine the club would have to pragmatic about taking a fee for him, especially if the player himself wants away.

Cummings is still developing as a player. He knows where the goals are, no question about that. However, his overall game will continue to improve as his experience and awareness grow. He has tremendous potential and the big decisions he will face in the coming year are crucial. Here's hoping he is getting good advice and can navigate his way through the choices he will face.

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Thing is, even if Jason signs for another four years he'd prob still go in the summer. Just means we'd get a very good fee for him. Contracts these days just mean they are signing so the clubs get more money.

There is no loyalty now, not that I blame them in anyway for moving to a better standard and earning more as I'd do the very same. No matter what happens with him I'm convinced he will be away come end of summer window.

Very true words. Jason is developing and turning into an asset and for the Club to protect their financial position they need to get him on a longer deal. Problem comes his agent will also know this so will be holding out for more cash for his client right now and lets not forget the agent will be looking for a cut now and then a wedge when he moves.

The inevitable will come and Jason will move on so we shouldn't fool ourselves to think he'll sign a long term deal and he'd see it out. If they get him on an extended contract and the offers come the Club will sell. All clubs will sell if the price is right - its not lacking ambition, its the business side of the game we have to live with. Just don't want it to be before the end of this season at least and with promotion in the bag.

The accounts have just been announced with a £800k loss - there will be more of the same in the year to come in the Championship so assume its another £800k. Who funds this? STF has sorted out the long term debt and agreed an interest free loan for that. He won't want to do that and still allow debt to increase to him year on year. Short term it will have to be funded through player sales or increased commercial revenue.

For all the feel good factor about the Club generated because Stubbs is delivering some great football there still appears real lack of ability to deliver increased revenues. Ok TV revenue will be down being in the Championship but if that can't be turned around I fear selling our best players too quickly at below market value will be the only way out.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post

I agree in principle Cat but I think we'd get at least another season out of JC. Clubs will probably try with cheeky low bids in the summer but I suspect most will want to wait & see how he performs if we return to the top div. It took a long time but RP finally learned the value of long term contracts when John Collins virtually held him down until he offered one to Fletch. LD is already much more savvy & she & RP will have no problem rejecting cheeky bids. I really do expect to see an announcement on an extension for JC in the New Year. If someone told us 18 months ago that we would have the likes of McGeouch, McGinn & Fyvie under contract & previously had SA as well, they'd have been sent for a lie down in a dark room. We're much more professional throughout the club now, our stance & conviction re SA was superb. Of course backing & supporting our club in every way possible is the best way of keeping our talent at ER!

Coaching Staff
    It won't be only Jason who will be weighing up his options a few others will be thinking of their future careers especially if no promotion. Cummind almost certainly will look to move South if he has any ambition.

It would be great if Hibs offered him a slight increase and that meant his contract is extended.

He gets more money and Hibs get a larger transfer fee from him when he leaves. How much is he worth anyway right now?

This is still only his 2 full season of football and while his goals ratio is impressive - it may prove a slight risk for a team in England or abroad. Delia probably wouldn't give him a game at Celtic as bad as they are right now.

He isn't going anywhere this season - though as stated its really important we get promoted this year to hopefully make him want to try a season in the top league. The reality is though if we don't get promoted this season we could loose him, some other players and possibly even our manager (though this could happen even if we go up)! Stubbs to Celtic and take JC with him ?! Not a great thought !

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    There scouts have been up watching him.

Hibs will be tested in January by a couple of English clubs making bids for him in the next window.
    How much is too much to refuse? 2mil?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.co...yers-1-3962687

Wouldn't expect anything different.

I can't see anyone leaving in January - no doubt the papers and radio shows will be full of it before we play Sevco and reach some of the most important months of our season.