hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Kirkliston

reigning hibs.net poker champion Wembley67's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Happyhibs62

Kirkliston

Anyone stay there and recommend it? Thinking of moving there for a change...

2. Log in to remove the advert

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Dave1875
    I've a couple of mates who stay there and like it, close to 'the ferry' some decent watering holes down there, talking about £30-£40 on a taxi home if you have a night out in Edinburgh, LRT have a new bus service which goes out that way though

Quote Originally Posted by Matty_Jack04 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've a couple of mates who stay there and like it, close to 'the ferry' some decent watering holes down there, talking about £30-£40 on a taxi home if you have a night out in Edinburgh, LRT have a new bus service which goes out that way though
    You're looking at £25 maximum for a taxi from the centre of Edinburgh to Kirkliston.

Anyone charging anywhere near £40 is at it big time.

@hibs.net private member Sprouleflyer's Avatar
    For the amount of housing that is being built in Kirkliston, there is very little to do. From memory, only one pub, bowing club, chippy and a Chinese take away and a small sports center.

South Queensferry is near, but if walking a good 45 mins walk or more to get down to the high street.

Anyway, us ferry folk don't want any of the kirky mob clogging up our pubs!!

Testimonial Due RoslinInstHibby's Avatar
    Woman in the office is selling her house in Kirkliston.......

First Team Breakthrough
    I stay in South queensferry and would recommend it over kirkliston, as has been said there isn't much there. House prices are much the same, traffic through kirkliston can also be a nightmare and the only thing that it had that was better, the chippy, burned down last year.

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey1875 View Post
    I stay in South queensferry and would recommend it over kirkliston, as has been said there isn't much there. House prices are much the same, traffic through kirkliston can also be a nightmare and the only thing that it had that was better, the chippy, burned down last year.
    The chippy has re-opened but you're right about the traffic however getting to the 'ferry' at rush hour is just as bad.

There's lots of house building going on in kirkliston and winchburgh without any consideration to upgrading the road links.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by BroxburnHibee View Post
    The chippy has re-opened but you're right about the traffic however getting to the 'ferry' at rush hour is just as bad.

There's lots of house building going on in kirkliston and winchburgh without any consideration to upgrading the road links.
    They will need to do something as I'm sure I read that winchburgh is going to be the largest new development in scotland for years.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Cheesetown.

Does the cheese-board still exist?

It's the boom town for house building right now. Whether that's good or not remains to be seen.

I thought it was full of Hearts supporters?

Don't.

Crap roads to and through it.

Crap public transport.

Crap pubs.

Crap amenities.

Connected practically to even crappier Winchburgh!

Just crap!

Good bowling club.

@hibs.net private member Green Man's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheMightyJag PSN ID: FiveOClockHero
    We moved to Kirkliston in summer, having lived in north Edinburgh for about 10 years. We've got boys age 5 and 1 and it looks like a great move for them, our oldest is settling in really well in P1 and the wee one goes to a couple of playgroups which he's loving. Transport isn't great but me and the Mrs both work at Edinburgh Park so commuting is generally ok - it would be good if the 63 was a bit more frequent but it does take me door to door.

Kirkliston itself has very limited amenities, but South Queensferry is only 5 minutes away for good pubs & restaurants and a decent Tesco.

The main thing I've noticed is how much quieter it is than Pilton & Granton. Mainly due to the welcome absence of wee tubes on motorbikes.

Quote Originally Posted by sambajustice View Post
    Don't.

Crap roads to and through it.

Crap public transport.

Crap pubs.

Crap amenities.

Connected practically to even crappier Winchburgh!

Just crap!

Good bowling club.
    Plus, ...the first time they saw a helicopter, they went up the woods to try and find it's nest. btw, if you are moving, I can recommend a bloody good removal firm