hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If she had nothing to hide from her business transactions why was she not more open about it during election and selection. More than 50% of our new SNP MPs own more than one home but no one is accusing them of anything
    If it was relevant I'm sure her opponents and the investigative "journalists" would have raised it during the election campaign.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    What the **** is your problem? That might be the most tragic thing anyone has ever done to me on Hibs.net. A metaphorical trawl through my bin rubbish. If I'm ever in need of a ride or a life, I'll trawl through your historic posts to make a [wrong] point.

Who mentioned 'damning condemnation' by the way?

As Mibbes Aye has already quoted a few other posts that I made about McEwan Fraser, I'll leave it there.
    Oh, get over yourself. You're the one who brought up your holier-than-thou schtick about Mc F.

So... anyone going to the calendar signing this year?

@hibs.net private member ronaldo7's Avatar
    Yet the office is hers funded by UK taxpayers. So rather than remove her photo it should have been the SNP logo that was removed.

She was stopped receiving her salary from Business for Scotland but was kept in the role. Does that not indicate something was wrong?
    On your first point, I'd agree, she's removed herself from the party so the Logo should go. She's now an independent until the police have done their job.

On your second point, you said the SNP had removed her from her post, which was untrue.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    I didn't say it made any difference to the vote. I said they infiltrated the voting process.

The Telegraph encouraged them to vote for Corbyn, including this man, has been bragging about doing so.
    I will take your lack of response as concession, johnbc70.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned 1,789.68!

@hibs.net private member johnbc70's Avatar
    I will take your lack of response as concession, johnbc70.
    Maybe........I know whatever my reply is you will just come back with more

It made no difference at all and even if a small handful managed to vote say 1,000 (which is being generous) that makes up just over 0.2% of the vote so it is a non story.

Unless of course you can tell us how many tories voted and the impact it made, seeing as you think they were so desperate to have him elected?

Quote Originally Posted by johnbc70 View Post
    Maybe........I know whatever my reply is you will just come back with more

It made no difference at all and even if a small handful managed to vote say 1,000 (which is being generous) that makes up just over 0.2% of the vote so it is a non story.

Unless of course you can tell us how many tories voted and the impact it made, seeing as you think they were so desperate to have him elected?
    I'll settle for the "maybe". Thank you. That's as much a concession as anyone's ever likely to get in this particular playground so I'm well made up!

However, whether it made a difference or not is irrelevant. That wasn't my point, which you'll realise if you go back and read my post again.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned 1,789.68!

@hibs.net private member johnbc70's Avatar
    I'll settle for the "maybe". Thank you. That's as much a concession as anyone's ever likely to get in this particular playground so I'm well made up!

However, whether it made a difference or not is irrelevant. That wasn't my point, which you'll realise if you go back and read my post again.
    You suggested that the tories were 'hellbent' on Corbyn winning the leadership election so much so that they 'infiltrated' the voting process. I just do not think a handful of tories who may or may not have voted in the election is enough to say the party as a whole was 'hellbent' on anything.

Quote Originally Posted by johnbc70 View Post
    You suggested that the tories were 'hellbent' on Corbyn winning the leadership election so much so that they 'infiltrated' the voting process. I just do not think a handful of tories who may or may not have voted in the election is enough to say the party as a whole was 'hellbent' on anything.
    Well, that's just stupid semantics. I said, that they "were hellbent on Corbyn winning the Labour leadership to the extent that they infiltrated the voting process".

They did infiltrate the process, of that there is no doubt. How many cheats do you need before you call it infiltration? One in my book, if it was orchestrated, which it was.

I've shown you evidence of right wing newspapers encouraging Tories to pay their 3 to vote for Corbyn.

I've shown you evidence of Tory MP's, Tory journalists and many others doing so or getting caught in the act and there were others. If you want me to find the links, I'll do so, but please save me the trouble.

Have you read the Leeann D thread on the main board? You're the Holy Ground's equivalent of Hessenhibee!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post
    On your first point, I'd agree, she's removed herself from the party so the Logo should go. She's now an independent until the police have done their job.

On your second point, you said the SNP had removed her from her post, which was untrue.
    She was removed by Strugeons husband from her paid role. He the chief Executive of the Nats, is he not?

She was removed by Strugeons husband from her paid role. He the chief Executive of the Nats, is he not?
    You said the SNP removed her from her post. That wasn't true was it? If it was, you'll supply the evidence wont you? #waiting

@hibs.net private member
    You said the SNP removed her from her post. That wasn't true was it? If it was, you'll supply the evidence wont you? #waiting
    Your playing with words, everyone know she was removed. But you keep defending her. #partyofsocialjucticemyarse

Your playing with words, everyone know she was removed. But you keep defending her. #partyofsocialjucticemyarse
    I'm playing with your words. The words that are telling lies.

As for defending her, I think you should read the thread very carefully, as I've already said I'd wait to see what the courts say. You can read right?

@hibs.net private member
    I'm playing with your words. The words that are telling lies.

As for defending her, I think you should read the thread very carefully, as I've already said I'd wait to see what the courts say. You can read right?
    What a witty response. No lies just facts but hey ho jog on now.

What a witty response. No lies just facts but hey ho jog on now.

You've been asked several times to come up with evidence, and not done so. I rest my case M'lud

This from one of the petitioners taking Carmichael to court. A member of the Scottish Green Party.

More power to her pen.

http://t.co/FeyaegWuNY

This from one of the petitioners taking Carmichael to court. A member of the Scottish Green Party.

More power to her pen.

http://t.co/FeyaegWuNY
    Carmichael lied and deserves everything that is coming to him.
    She seems more concerned with him having different political views from her own. That doesn't really do her any favours.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    Carmichael lied and deserves everything that is coming to him.
    She seems more concerned with him having different political views from her own. That doesn't really do her any favours.

Not only that, Marinello, but included in the list of his votes that she's criticising him for is the vote to increase APD. It's remarkable that a Green supporter should criticise someone for voting to increase a tax on polluting air travel. Furthermore, does she not understand the concept of collective responsibility that applied to members of Government. Does she really think that a Government Minister voting in favour of Government policy is a good argument in favour of removing him from his job?! Utterly pathetic and, as you say, does her position no favours at all - in fact it merely serves to fuel the suspicion that part of the current action against AC is politically driven more than anything. Not good or healthy in a democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Jim View Post
    Not only that, Marinello, but included in the list of his votes that she's criticising him for is the vote to increase APD. It's remarkable that a Green supporter should criticise someone for voting to increase a tax on polluting air travel. Furthermore, does she not understand the concept of collective responsibility that applied to members of Government. Does she really think that a Government Minister voting in favour of Government policy is a good argument in favour of removing him from his job?! Utterly pathetic and, as you say, does her position no favours at all - in fact it merely serves to fuel the suspicion that part of the current action against AC is politically driven more than anything. Not good or healthy in a democracy.
    What about the hullabaloo about Thompson, is that politically driven, or is it just merely in the interests of ethics morality and justice?

A
    Quote Originally Posted by xyz23jc View Post
    What about the hullabaloo about Thompson, is that politically driven, or is it just merely in the interests of ethics morality and justice?
    The latter I would suggest xyz23jc. My post very specifically highlighted the nonsense of this woman - one of the petitioners against Alistair C - citing his voting record in her ridiculously self-indulgent, pious blog as a reason for him not being suitable to represent the people of Orkney and Shetland. That is utter guff - you don't need to agree with someone's politics to support the democratic process that puts them in that position.

As far as I can see all commentary about Thompson has been about her actions and absolutely nothing to do with her voting record. Criticising AC for his actions in leaking a memo written by a civil servant is one thing but using it and legal action to attack his voting record / record as a Govt Minister is quite clearly in my view politically driven. God forbid that Scotland should retain a sole Liberal voice in the political nirvana envisaged by the nationalists.

To all those waiting on the courts to decide the future of Michelle Thomson, they may want to look out for a Labour MP Marie Rimmer,who'll be in court tomorrow after being charged last year during the referendum, for alleged assault. She was then elected as a Labour MP for St Helens south and Whiston in May this year.

Selection processes in all parties seem to be flawed.

@hibs.net private member
    To all those waiting on the courts to decide the future of Michelle Thomson, they may want to look out for a Labour MP Marie Rimmer,who'll be in court tomorrow after being charged last year during the referendum, for alleged assault. She was then elected as a Labour MP for St Helens south and Whiston in May this year.

Selection processes in all parties seem to be flawed.
    Again you hijack a thread to try and score a cheap point.

Again you hijack a thread to try and score a cheap point.
    Just thought some on here including yourself would want to know of an MP who was arrested and charged last year and who was then elected 8 months later.

How's the selection process coming along then.

Just thought some on here including yourself would want to know of an MP who was arrested and charged last year and who was then elected 8 months later.

How's the selection process coming along then.
    Is that you finally admiting that the SNP may have got something wrong then? That wasn't too hard was it?
    They're all as bad as each other really aren't they?

Is that you finally admiting that the SNP may have got something wrong then? That wasn't too hard was it?
    They're all as bad as each other really aren't they?
    Still waiting on the police to complete their business.

Got the popcorn ready for the Labour lassie tomorrow though. I wonder if she's been reprimanded by her party, or maybe she resigned the whip.

Somehow I don't think so

Anyway, as the OP wants us to get back on track, we'd better do so.

No double standards here eh.

Still waiting on the police to complete their business.

Got the popcorn ready for the Labour lassie tomorrow though. I wonder if she's been reprimanded by her party, or maybe she resigned the whip.

Somehow I don't think so

Anyway, as the OP wants us to get back on track, we'd better do so. Phew, situation normal.

No double standards here eh.
    My mistake then. Labour bad, The PARTY good.

My mistake then. Labour bad, The PARTY good.
    Maybe the thread should be renamed Naughty MPs and we could without fear or favour rip into all the parties ;-)

Shouldn't take long to overtake the sevco thread!
    Space to let

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Maybe the thread should be renamed Naughty MPs and we could without fear or favour rip into all the parties ;-)

Shouldn't take long to overtake the sevco thread!
    I'd leave the Greens out of it. But just because I like green.

I'd leave the Greens out of it. But just because I like green.
    I always loved left wingers.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...tland-34760810

Modern Definition of Liar :- "Less than truthful" or "South of the standard that would be expected"

Why can't he hold up his hand, say "I did it, sorry" and just resign?
    Some people have no morals, ethics or shame.
    And as for the wee tavished scottie yelping in the corner trying to protect his master. Woof woof to you to.