hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was hoping we would have heard from Hibs last week when it became a news story. It has been official for some time now. Last weeks story was full of quotes from Spartans, it would have been good if Hibs had been able to release a statement at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Who gives a ****? Why should we release a statement at the same time?

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough Mon_the_cabbage's Avatar
    I was hoping we would have heard from Hibs last week when it became a news story. It has been official for some time now. Last weeks story was full of quotes from Spartans, it would have been good if Hibs had been able to release a statement at the same time.

Alan Stubbs was quoted in the EEN last Friday (the article on Dundee Utd contact) where he stated that Hibs would speak to those affected ie parents before issuing a statement.
    This was to allow them to hear it direct rather than read it in the paper. I think most would agree with that stance.

Quote Originally Posted by Mon_the_cabbage View Post
    Alan Stubbs was quoted in the EEN last Friday (the article on Dundee Utd contact) where he stated that Hibs would speak to those affected ie parents before issuing a statement.
    This was to allow them to hear it direct rather than read it in the paper. I think most would agree with that stance.
    So basically the club have done the right thing.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    So basically the club have done the right thing.
    You sometimes get the feeling Hibs could cure world hunger and some would criticise them for taking their eye of the ball regarding heart disease.

Quote Originally Posted by hibs0666 View Post
    The outside world does not really give a flying one about such a trivial thing - I's be surprised doubt more than a few hundred people even knew about the initiative in the first place.

A bit perplexed here. Poster worries about how this, non 1st team matter makes Hibs to the outside world, outside world more or less oblivious to the setup in the first place.

Everyone moves on.

@hibs.net private member
    Who are Spartans?

Quote Originally Posted by Greencore View Post
    Who are Spartans?
    Small ancient Greek City State with a warrior ethos. Small beer.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by IanM View Post
    We all knew about this last week from the Evening News - don't really care that Hibs have waited until now to comment. They'll have had their reasons.

More kudos to both Hibs and Spartans on agreeing the split rather than continuing to waste time and money on something that wasn't working for either party.

They'll both move on fine, i'm sure.
    The Evening News/Scotsman broke this story through Moira Gordon who, I believe, has connections at Spartans. May explain why it was broken well in advance of Hibs statement. Also Hibs wanted to advise parents ahead of stating anything.

Quote Originally Posted by monarch View Post
    The Evening News/Scotsman broke this story through Moira Gordon who, I believe, has connections at Spartans. May explain why it was broken well in advance of Hibs statement. Also Hibs wanted to advise parents ahead of stating anything.
    Parents knew months ago it was ending.

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    That's just not true, I praise the club when I think it's merited.
    I think it just seems to you that I'm criticising the club a lot because it has been so poorly run that we are now spending a 2nd season in the Championship. Believe me, when that is fixed I will be as positive as anyone on here.

Edit:- maybe not as positive as Baldy Foghorn.
    No-one is happy we are in the championship at all let alone for a second year.

It's churlish however not to mention any of the good things that have happened since then.

It seems you have no difficulty finding and highlighting the bad but no interest or desire to highlight the good?

Is it the case that until we return to the SPL that as far as you are concerned everything is bad?

That's your prerogative if it is, but people are tiring of hearing how **** the club is, when it seems to many that they are now doing most things very well

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by monarch View Post

The parents knew before Moira Gordon...because Hibs were not sending coaches (as they had promised) to run some of the training sessions...the real people who were let down were the kids. They did not get the right level of support for a few months, because effectively Eddie May and his coaches had given up on the transition academy, without actually stating they were doing so....Whatever your views are of whether the academy was right or wrong. This was a project that both parties committed to, which failed, and Hibs cannot be happy with their role in it..
    Last edited by bigwheel; 08-10-2015 at 02:49 PM.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Anyone know if we will continue to use Ainslie park for development games? I presume this is unaffected with the termination of the other contract?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Anyone know if we will continue to use Ainslie park for development games? I presume this is unaffected with the termination of the other contract?
    For this season yes - up for review at the end of the season ...

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Which would contradict the new spirit of openness as spoken about by Leeann and Colin Miller in their interviews with Matty.
    But don't let that get in the way of you having a dig at me.

You'd need a very literal take on things if you think that what Colin and Leeann meant about improving comminications to mean giving full disclosure on every topic.

There will be countless instances where a level of pragmatism or diplomacy outweighs the need to share every detail.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    The parents new before Moira Gordon...because Hibs were not sending coaches (as they had promised) to run some of the training sessions...the real people who were let down were the kids. They did not get the right level of support for a few months, because effectively Eddie May and his coaches had given up on the transition academy, without actually stating they were doing so....Whatever your views are of whether the academy was right or wrong. This was a project that both parties committed to, which failed, and Hibs cannot be happy with their role in it..
    Might there be a reason for them giving up? I hate the thought of kids being let down but was the initiative popular enough? In other words, lots of kids, regularly enough, to justify the visits (assuming they started in the first place).
    I've seen apathy at work in football - could the coaches have just stopped giving up their time?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    Might there be a reason for them giving up? I hate the thought of kids being let down but was the initiative popular enough? In other words, lots of kids, regularly enough, to justify the visits (assuming they started in the first place).
    I've seen apathy at work in football - could the coaches have just stopped giving up their time?

There were lots of kids, this wasn't about lack of interest from the kids...many of them had been persuaded to join the transition academy when they had other options...

There were lots of kids, this wasn't about lack of interest from the kids...many of them had been persuaded to join the transition academy when they had other options...
    In that case, their disappointment is understandable. Statements or otherwise, Hibs need an inward look. These kids are the future season holders, (especially given the geographical location), never mind centre backs.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    In that case, their disappointment is understandable. Statements or otherwise, Hibs need an inward look. These kids are the future season holders, (especially given the geographical location), never mind centre backs.
    they werent good enough. end of. We move on. Hibs needs to find another way of getting 12yo kids into the club. A transition acadamy with one club is just daft.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    they werent good enough. end of. We move on. Hibs needs to find another way of getting 12yo kids into the club. A transition acadamy with one club is just daft.

you clearly misunderstand what happened if that's your view...whether they were good enough or not, Hibs let the project down - the club needs to learn from that before we move on in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    That might be right, but the club in question isn't even as far away as Crewe Toll and letting them down, if true, is crap. I Don't care how many agents or 12year old starlets you know. And crap grammar there btw. i'm sure Hibs is working on the 'needs'

For this season yes - up for review at the end of the season ...
    Why do we not use EM? Is it because there is no stand at the 4G pitch?

Quote Originally Posted by 3pm View Post
    Why do we not use EM? Is it because there is no stand at the 4G pitch?
    Think the rules state there needs to be a stand for development games.
    Whatever comes from all this, I think Hibs need a base in Edinburgh for bringing young kids into training. Tranent is just too far out for some parents.

you clearly misunderstand what happened if that's your view...whether they were good enough or not, Hibs let the project down - the club needs to learn from that before we move on in my opinion
    Agree, it's about doing what you say you are going to do.

Do you think the club have handled this well?

Most definately. I have no worries on how Leanne handles Hib's affairs

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Took a week to come up with that?

FFS. Just shut up will ye?

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    FFS. Just shut up will ye?
    Hope you didn't rush home from work to for that?

Think the rules state there needs to be a stand for development games.
    Whatever comes from all this, I think Hibs need a base in Edinburgh for bringing young kids into training. Tranent is just too far out for some parents.

When I joined his acadamy our base was dalziel park Motherwell. How times have changed ;)

This is turning into an everyone. v Ozzy thread Did Ozzy not have inside info earlier than most because he is involved in coaching youngsters with Spartans so is emotionally involved However I have no issue with the statement the Club have put out ,and am confident that the right people at the club will do what they think is best for Hibs going forward .
    Clearly things haven't worked out on this venture and I would assume both parties are aware of the reasons for this .