hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by MyJo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That is absolutely the best way to work it IMO.

16 team SPL and 16 team championship playing a 30 game season within the leagues.

restructure league cup with the 32 teams from the top two leagues put into 8 groups of 4 with 2 SPL and 2 Championship teams in each group playing each other home and away. Top 2 from each group then progress to the 2-legged knockout stages.

Thats a guaranteed 6 extra games for those clubs which could be included in season tickets etc ensuring a 36 game season and 18 home games for each club.
    100% spot on
    This is how it feels

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member stantonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    At last someone with good sense seeing exactly what is needed
    Indeed......far too sensible so probably no chance of it being adopted.

Quote Originally Posted by stantonhibby View Post
    Indeed......far too sensible so probably no chance of it being adopted.
    Common sense? Positive change? Woooah, this the UK man, don't do change us.

Blog Entries
    We're attributing Warburton with common sense and a desire for long term stability and probably that's the case, but what are the chances that he has ulterior motives? Although his bosses like the present set up of four games against Celtic and the income from this, Warburton might reckon that he has better chances of success with just two games against them.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    Excessively complicated.
    it really isn't

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutmegged View Post
    • 16 team league = 30 games

•After week 30 split league into 4 groups of 4 playing each other home and away

•Top 4 play for Title & Europe
    - 2nd 4 (5th-8th) play for 5th place which qualifies them to a European Play-Off
    - 3rd 4 (9th-12th) play to avoid finishing 12th which qualifies them to the Relegation Play-Off's
    - 4th 4 (13th-16th) play to finish 13th which would be the only position that would avoid Automatic Relegation or Relegation Play-Off's

• Every team would finish with 36 League games

• Every team would only play 3 clubs from the other 15 teams more than twice

*Example

1. Champions/CL Qualifiers
    2. Runner Up/UL Qualifiers
    3. UL Qualifiers
    4. Europa League Play-Off
    12. Relegation Play-Off
    16. Automatic Relegation
    Did Dustin Hoffman ever play you in a film?

Current 12 Premier teams plus...

Hibs
    Rangers
    St Mirren
    Falkirk
    Morton
    Raith

Makes 18 teams, That would give 17 home and 17 away games.

All of the teams above have bigger supports than Ross County or Hamilton, so I don't see the problem with that number.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutmegged View Post
    it really isn't
    It really is.

Keep it simple and have an 18 team league with 34 games and the bottom three being relegated.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by MyJo View Post
    That is absolutely the best way to work it IMO.

16 team SPL and 16 team championship playing a 30 game season within the leagues.

restructure league cup with the 32 teams from the top two leagues put into 8 groups of 4 with 2 SPL and 2 Championship teams in each group playing each other home and away. Top 2 from each group then progress to the 2-legged knockout stages.

Thats a guaranteed 6 extra games for those clubs which could be included in season tickets etc ensuring a 36 game season and 18 home games for each club.

What about the other 10 teams? Do they get booted into the east of Scotland and miss out on the league cup as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    What about the other 10 teams? Do they get booted into the east of Scotland and miss out on the league cup as well?

Add 4-6 teams like Spartans etc and let them play for the Petrofac cup.

Not going to happen so save yer keyboards folks!

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    regionalised leagues below the top two levels and the Challenge cup for the teams at this level instead of the league cup.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    It really is.

Keep it simple and have an 18 team league with 34 games and the bottom three being relegated.

I see the Celtic chief is saying that the OF will be playing in England within 10 years , will they never learn that this will never happen !.

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenpaper55 View Post
    I see the Celtic chief is saying that the OF will be playing in England within 10 years , will they never learn that this will never happen !.
    Keeping their fans thinking it might probably isn't bad for the tills though.

First Team Breakthrough Dobosz83's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Dobosz1983
    Literally just finished reading the article on BBC Sport. Staggering opinion of themselves down the M8 and further proof that the 'old firm' are two cheeks of the same fat pimple ridden backside.

It's a truly staggering set of quotes from Desmond and the lunatic Deila and come at a time when they are 4 points behind Aberdeen. Frankly, that's honking considering their resources. I am astounded that he puts Sevco and the mighty Celts in the same bracket as Barcelona, Real Madrid, United, Liverpool etc. Utter delusion.

I truly would love for all clubs to resign from the set up and start again without them. Just leave and take the bile with you, never mind league reconstruction
    Last edited by Dobosz83; 30-09-2015 at 06:30 PM.

At first I thought Celtic chief should be charged with bringing the game into disrepute...but in reality this is the preferred scenario for all of us and would be a massive boost for our league.

Only issue is that England (& probably Uefa) would never allow it to happen. Shame for channel 5 really...they'd probably get a bit of a ratings boost with OF in their football league highlights show.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    At first I thought Celtic chief should be charged with bringing the game into disrepute...but in reality this is the preferred scenario for all of us and would be a massive boost for our league.

Only issue is that England (& probably Uefa) would never allow it to happen. Shame for channel 5 really...they'd probably get a bit of a ratings boost with OF in their football league highlights show.
    UEFA do what the TV folk demand ... see the Champions league for proof ... If the OF got SKY and BT on board it would happen.

I used to be in the camp that said the Scottish league would thrive without them, but came to realise that its simply not true. With them in the EPL or a British league how could Scottish kids be persuaded to follow their local teams? The papers would massively cover the league the OF were in, as would the TV, the SPFL would be relegate to one column 7 pages from the back page and the TV coverage would be 10 minutes of highlights after reporting Scotland on a Monday.

If this ever happened I would want to see all the remaining clubs chuck it in and form one mega club that non OF fans could follow .... a sort of Scotland Utd.

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    UEFA do what the TV folk demand ... see the Champions league for proof ... If the OF got SKY and BT on board it would happen.

I used to be in the camp that said the Scottish league would thrive without them, but came to realise that its simply not true. With them in the EPL or a British league how could Scottish kids be persuaded to follow their local teams? The papers would massively cover the league the OF were in, as would the TV, the SPFL would be relegate to one column 7 pages from the back page and the TV coverage would be 10 minutes of highlights after reporting Scotland on a Monday.

If this ever happened I would want to see all the remaining clubs chuck it in and form one mega club that non OF fans could follow .... a sort of Scotland Utd.
    Dont know about that (regarding papers). I don't have figures to hand (so maybe I'm wrong), but I'd imagine that OF fans were still a minority overall in Scotland (albeit a large one). There would still be loads of folk interested in reading about Scottish football.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Dont know about that (regarding papers). I don't have figures to hand (so maybe I'm wrong), but I'd imagine that OF fans were still a minority overall in Scotland (albeit a large one). There would still be loads of folk interested in reading about Scottish football.
    That's why a few years down the line 'Scotland United' would be kicking the OF's ass up hill and down dale

The man is an ejit.

Doesn't he realise the huns are n real match for them now. Anyways, didn't aberdeen recently beat them? And we recently beat the sheep? And by good old fashioned 1966-67 logic, that makes us the best team in Scotland and therefore WE should go and storm the premiership

Blog Entries
    Reconstruction is never going to happen in the foreseeable future. The ugly sisters are going nowhere and Desmond's public admission that he has sorely missed going to the ball with his ugly sister is the ultimate cap on the issue. On reflection I'm surprised that the baker has not had his fingers wrapped by the lying King for even nodding towards reconstruction.
    Last edited by Jim44; 01-10-2015 at 09:01 PM.