hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by emerald green View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's not the point though. Depends what you consider "playing" means. It's the manner by which that point was "won" - cheating - make no mistake time wasting is a form of cheating.

That's why a strong referee will take action early doors when he knows it's happening. Unfortunately, most referees seem to tolerate it, and basically turn a blind eye to it, or don't take action until the game is almost over. Too late by then of course as it's mission accomplished.

Add in every spoiling tactic, fouling, play acting, and trying to con the referee near the end into awarding a penalty, the yes you got that part right, it was indeed a very "poor show".

I just cannot understand how anyone who watched that today can defend it.
    Did I imagine Mark Oxley getting booked on Wed for this - plus in fairness to a (very poor) ref he added plenty time on and booked the diving cheat - they wouldn't have wasted so much time if Hibs had been 2-1 up, but we weren't good enough to play around their 'tactics' today - their game plan worked ours didnt.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    I think the problem might have been with St Mirren looking to get into the play offs and just relegated we might have actually watched a proper game of football today sadly that wasn't to be.
    And what happens if they make the playoffs, play like that and knock us out?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    That's that's got nothing to do with what I posted, I was referring to what their ambitions for the season are and they aren't playing to match their ambitions. though I can't see them making the play offs and if they do we will beat them.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Auld Git View Post
    [/B]

That is the most worrying point in my opinion. Don't think he had a difficult save to make in the entire game.
    BBC stats - St M 2 shots 1 on target / Cabbage 4 shots, 3 on target - from 64% possession! Felt like more shots than that at the game but thinking back I don't recall Langfield being put under much pressure either.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Auld Git View Post
    [/B]

That is the most worrying point in my opinion. Don't think he had a difficult save to make in the entire game.
    yip, that's what Stubbs and Hibs need to look at. We created ZERO decent chances at home in the 2nd half, when we knew that a win was needed. IMO we are far, far too predictable and one paced. You can see the difference when Hibs decide to change up a gear or take a chance. Stubbs is far too cautious in his approach and we will all pay the price.

Pointless blaming Murray, you can only urinate with the ***** you have and he set his under resourced stall out for a draw, which he achieved.

We should be crushing those teams at home - the Huns do it, and they are no great shakes. Our deficiency, not Ian Murray's.

Left by mutual consent!
    People can moan about St Mirren all they want.. The bigger picture is that we didn't have the quality to break them down.. It is simply not the fault of St Mirren that we cannot beat them.. The sole blame lies at the door of the players picked by Alan Stubbs..

Then I'd be questioning why we weren't able to overcome such tactics when most teams we'll play this season set up like that against us.

St Mirren did what they needed to do to get a point. We didn't do what we needed to do to get all three.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

First Team Breakthrough
    A point away from home against us their biggest rivals for the play off spot is a great result. Did you go to the Aberdeen game and watch how we played? If Stubbs set us up to attack Aberdeen he would of been called tactically naive, same goes for Murray.

Left by mutual consent!
    Ian Murray should just accept that he shouldn't bother going for a job like the Hibs Manager's. He's just not got it.

Thanks for your time Ian, but we hope to be moving in better circles than your current ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    So if we did that at Ibrox or Parkhead and got a point u would be disappointed?
    Yes I would. I attended the Alex Miller years and it wasn't for me.

@hibs.net private member Leithenhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by keep the faith View Post
    Last year's Dumbarton side played with 10 behind the ball and fouled all through the games we played. This year's St Mirren team are exactly the same.
    Grim stuff from a manager who spent the last 5 mins today looking at his watch while the thugs on the pitch played anti football.
    Not a future Hibs manager in a million years!

And we wonder why fans stay away. Teams that continually play this way are killing our game, imo

Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    That's that's got nothing to do with what I posted, I was referring to what their ambitions for the season are and they aren't playing to match their ambitions. though I can't see them making the play offs and if they do we will beat them.

Sorry Gatey but it's got everything to do with it. Their ambition for the season is to finish in the playoff spots and if that means coming to ER and playing 10 men behind the ball in order to get a 1-1 draw then their matching those ambitions. All they need to do is finish 4th, play like that in the playoffs, knock us out, and their jobs done.
    Do you honestly not see them making the playoffs? Reckon they will make top 4 easy.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    Sorry Gatey but it's got everything to do with it. Their ambition for the season is to finish in the playoff spots and if that means coming to ER and playing 10 men behind the ball in order to get a 1-1 draw then their matching those ambitions. All they need to do is finish 4th, play like that in the playoffs, knock us out, and their jobs done.
    Do you honestly not see them making the playoffs? Reckon they will make top 4 easy.
    I don't see them making the play offs, Raith and Falkirk look a lot better than them. Not to mention Morton getting off to a good start as well. A point done them no good yesterday in fact they are now further from the play offs than when the day started.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by keep the faith View Post
    You would like to see Hibs playing like that???
    Wasn't at the game however I read that they played two up front. How many did we?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    Wasn't at the game however I read that they played two up front. How many did we?
    Not sure if you are trolling or not - but whilst that two up front is true- they were disconnected from their other 8 outfield players for most of the game - as the other 8 were largely in two banks of 4 just outside their own box

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    I really can't understand the people slagging of the tactics of St Mirren and wonder if some folk actually understand the game of football at times.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    I really can't understand the people slagging of the tactics of St Mirren and wonder if some folk actually understand the game of football at times.
    I agree, it was up to us to break them down. St Mirren were on poor form and came to ER to stop the rot, which they achieved

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Yep, some on here seem to expect a struggling under-performing team to come to ER and play right into our hands by trying to play open expansive football. Nothing wrong with their approach although Thompson probably should have been sent off. They actually have a couple of very good players and will improve.

I thought St Midden were a shower of thugs.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    That Goodwin runs the show for them. Dirty ******* but a decent player.

Quote Originally Posted by ALF TUPPER View Post
    I thought St Midden were a shower of thugs.
    This - we created enough opportunities to win the game- disappointed we didn't take them to get the 3 points- not sure how Murray or his team are getting plaudits on this thread tbh for the way they set up exactly as that didn't stop us creating chances - our inability to finish the chances off was where the problem was

Does "tactics" include time wasting from start to finish? What's there not to understand about slagging off time wasting? The more this sort of stuff is slagged off the better IMHO. I just think it's a form of cheating. It will continue so long as referees allow it to go on.

Please don't quote Mark Oxley. There was no comparison between him and what Langfield got away with throughout yesterday's match.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    I agree, it was up to us to break them down. St Mirren were on poor form and came to ER to stop the rot, which they achieved
    Yes, I agree it was up to Hibs to break them down. Something Hibs failed miserably to do in the second half. Presumably by stopping the rot that means by fair means or foul? I don't believe St Mirren should be congratulated for that is my point.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    That Goodwin runs the show for them. Dirty ******* but a decent player.
    Didn't think he ran the show at all. And don't think he's a decent player.

It was just the usual story of us not taking our chances and not breaking a team down.

Does "tactics" include time wasting from start to finish? What's there not to understand about slagging off time wasting? The more this sort of stuff is slagged off the better IMHO. I just think it's a form of cheating. It will continue so long as referees allow it to go on.

Please don't quote Mark Oxley. There was no comparison between him and what Langfield got away with throughout yesterday's match.

Yes, I agree it was up to Hibs to break them down. Something Hibs failed miserably to do in the second half. Presumably by stopping the rot that means by fair means or foul? I don't believe St Mirren should be congratulated for that is my point.
    I have never known someone so hung up on time wasting in my life. Don't quote Oxley, why? Maybe because he got booked for it on Wednesday and does it to suit the situation like many others do and it blows your argument up! Time wasting aside,St Mirren stuck to their plan and earned an away point, we dropped two at home!

I have never known someone so hung up on time wasting in my life. Don't quote Oxley, why? Maybe because he got booked for it on Wednesday and does it to suit the situation like many others do and it blows your argument up! Time wasting aside,St Mirren stuck to their plan and earned an away point, we dropped two at home!
    I just don't condone time wasting, or like it one little bit, and am expressing my strongly held views on the issue. If you consider that to be "hung up" that's your opinion and we will need to disagree on that I think.

My point is that goalkeepers / teams are coming to ER with instructions from their coaches (I strongly suspect) to waste time right from the beginning of the game until the end (unless of course they go a goal down and there is a very noticeable change in attitude). Do you honestly think Alan Stubbs instructs Oxley to do likewise during matches Hibs are trying to win at ER? It's the extent to which away goalkeepers and teams are being allowed to waste time that annoys me. I'm not saying Hibs have never done it.

If you are happy to watch, condone, and defend that stuff then by all means you crack on. But count me out.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    Yep, some on here seem to expect a struggling under-performing team to come to ER and play right into our hands by trying to play open expansive football. Nothing wrong with their approach although Thompson probably should have been sent off. They actually have a couple of very good players and will improve.

I just don't condone time wasting, or like it one little bit, and am expressing my strongly held views on the issue. If you consider that to be "hung up" that's your opinion and we will need to disagree on that I think.

My point is that goalkeepers / teams are coming to ER with instructions from their coaches (I strongly suspect) to waste time right from the beginning of the game until the end (unless of course they go a goal down and there is a very noticeable change in attitude). Do you honestly think Alan Stubbs instructs Oxley to do likewise during matches Hibs are trying to win at ER? It's the extent to which away goalkeepers and teams are being allowed to waste time that annoys me. I'm not saying Hibs have never done it.

If you are happy to watch, condone, and defend that stuff then by all means you crack on. But count me out.
    I think you read more into than there actually is to be honest. Players know what they are up against and behave to suit the situation.I very much doubt every team that has done it against us gets specific instructions to do so from their coaches. Likewise if we do it when it suits us then I can't see a massive issue when other folk do it. I get it is a sore point which annoys you so will agree to disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by RagingReality View Post
    I don't want to see my team play that kind of football.

Sorry Murray but you're no longer my pick for next Hibs manager.
    so Ian Murray does what a manager is supposed to do sets his team up not to get beat away from home against a far superior side and they don't get Beat. Good management is it not. He done his job. If we go to ibrox and Stubbs sets up not to get beat and we don't then he has done his job. This has no reflection on Ian Murray being a bad manager actually the complete opposite.
    lets be honest we weren't good enough to break them down and that's not Ian murrays fault

I think you read more into than there actually is to be honest. Players know what they are up against and behave to suit the situation.I very much doubt every team that has done it against us gets specific instructions to do so from their coaches. Likewise if we do it when it suits us then I can't see a massive issue when other folk do it. I get it is a sore point which annoys you so will agree to disagree.
    OK fair enough.