hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Play Offs It Is

Quote Originally Posted by Fogzie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Behave yourself. "Sack the manager if he doesn't take us up in 2 seasons". Like that has worked over the last 10 years. What is the hurry? Get he CLUB back on level terms and look to the future. If it takes 5 years , it takes 5 years. We do it without cheating and we do it in a way the Hibernian will be here forever. GGTTH
    Are you serious? In no way am I agreeing with the "sack the manager" stuff, but if it takes five years for Hibs to get out of the Championship then I fear this club will have gone into a possibly irreversible decline by that time.

I could go into details as to why I think that would be the case, but I'm p***** off enough and can't be bothered TBH. I think most folk would have been able to figure that out for themselves anyway.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Fogzie View Post
    Behave yourself. "Sack the manager if he doesn't take us up in 2 seasons". Like that has worked over the last 10 years. What is the hurry? Get he CLUB back on level terms and look to the future. If it takes 5 years , it takes 5 years. We do it without cheating and we do it in a way the Hibernian will be here forever. GGTTH
    Five years?

I can accept not going up last season and this season, given that we were up against Sevco and Hearts. However if we fail to get promoted this season then we absolutely must get promoted next season, there would be no excuses.

It shouldn't take anywhere near five years for Hibs to be promoted, that would just be ridiculous.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    I said when we went down with Rangers and Hearts that I feared we would be down for at least 3 seasons, I think I was right.

@hibs.net private member AFKA5814_Hibs's Avatar
    I think it's fair to say that The Rangers will win the league and win it comfortably. Yes, they will drop points, but as yesterday proved, so will Hibs and we look likely to drop more points than they do. I would expect Hibs to finish 2nd though and get into the final play off game against the 2nd bottom PL team.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    The playoffs are only acceptable if we go up. I'd punt Stubbs if he fails again, we've got a bigger budget than most in the top divison never mind this diddy league.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post
    But Brian surely you would concede that there is a vast difference between last season's Rangers and this season's Rangers, and therefore exceedingly unlikely that we will overhaul them.

No?
    Not really Freddie. People have short memories. Until mid Nov last season Sevco had lost only 2 games, to us & Yams. They'd beaten Raith 10-1 over 2 games & Falkirk 6-0. They'd also beaten ICT & St J, the team that humped them last week, in the League Cup. I accept they've improved but they're far from invincible. We can only take care of our results & not worry about them. They have a huge advantage with their reputation & support, not to mention getting a pen each week but those things can work against them when results go wrong, as they will. Keep the faith!

Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    Not really Freddie. People have short memories. Until mid Nov last season Sevco had lost only 2 games, to us & Yams. They'd beaten Raith 10-1 over 2 games & Falkirk 6-0. They'd also beaten ICT & St J, the team that humped them last week, in the League Cup. I accept they've improved but they're far from invincible. We can only take care of our results & not worry about them. They have a huge advantage with their reputation & support, not to mention getting a pen each week but those things can work against them when results go wrong, as they will. Keep the faith!
    I agree with a lot of what you say about Rangers. However the big issue is taking care off our own results. That's what we haven't done.

Coaching Staff
    Gotta admire your confidence Brian, you must let me know how much it costs a bottle and where I can get some from.....

Seriously, I''ve realistically conceded that we won't finish first....we've given them too much of a start too soon...and they ain't gonna blow it....whereas we regularly drop 'silly' points.....but I hope as hell that we DO finish second.

I think the point that we are currently only fourth in the table is overlooked by some...who automatically think we will finish no worse than second.

Nobody is going to make it easy for us to finish second, and there is still that to play and if necessary, scrap for, but I just don't have the same optimism as you when it comes to first place I'm afraid....I think they have a word for it on the other side of town that starts with D.....

Wouldn't go as far to say Stubbs should be punted if we dont go up. Anything could happen in the playoff final and lets not forget it'll be a prem team we'd be playing. What I would say though is that IF we dont make that final then no doubt, he would have to go. Losing to Falkirk or St Mirren, no matter how they set up in the playoffs cant happen.

Sadly we don't "take care of our own results" we kept saying last season Hearts would drop points and hit a bad patch they didn't! The Rangers are a better team than Hearts had last season.

Unfortunately we aren't taking care of our own results though.

We've already dropped five points to Dumbarton and St Mirren and it's only the end of September.

I think there's a good chance that Sevco would have won the league anyway but we're making life a lot easier for them.

We're averaging less than 2 points per game just now which means we are on track for less points than we got last season and we ended up more than 20 points behind Hearts last year.

If we don't go up this season then the club will be significantly downsized over the summer. The money just won't be there. We are at 8000 crowds just now and another season down here will see that drop further. Prices will also have to fall as 3 season at prem prices in the championship would be a brass neck even for Petrie. Our break even for Crowds is 11,000. Our losses this year will be large.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    If we don't go up this season then the club will be significantly downsized over the summer. The money just won't be there. We are at 8000 crowds just now and another season down here will see that drop further. Prices will also have to fall as 3 season at prem prices in the championship would be a brass neck even for Petrie. Our break even for Crowds is 11,000. Our losses this year will be large.

I think we'll see our crowds drop quite a lot over the next few games to be honest, never mind the next few years.

Season tickets were sold on the basis that we were going to have a shot at the Championship.

That is no longer a realistic ambition and we're not out of September yet. I'm happy enough that I stumped up the cash for a season ticket when this was the bold ambition but to be honest I've got better things to do with my weekends than pitch up and watch us scrap for 2nd place in the second tier of a third rate footballing nation's league competition.

I'll probably get interested again as we get towards the end of the season.

I'm sure I'm not alone.

I can't see many people who haven't paid in advance pitching up and paying for more of this.

Yesterday's result was a disaster.

Our crowds have already dropped. After Wednesday I really thought more would turn up. It's going to take something extraordinary to get our crowds up.....
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    Our crowds have already dropped. After Wednesday I really thought more would turn up. It's going to take something extraordinary to get our crowds up.....
    Attractive football and goals. It's an age old recipe for getting crowds in. Stubbs is failing on that front. If thing continue then I don't see him lasting the season. We simply can't afford to carry on like this.

Attractive football and goals. It's an age old recipe for getting crowds in. Stubbs is failing on that front. If thing continue then I don't see him lasting the season. We simply can't afford to carry on like this.

Who realistically would get us out of this division?

Who realistically would get us out of this division?
    Difficult to pick someone who would fit into our new management structure.
    It's a bit early yet but if solutions do not appear on the horizon soon then I think Leeann will have to act. She will have no choice.

Good wins for a sustained period of time. When we do something good (like Wednesday) it's too often followed by something not so good (like yesterday). Any feel good factor just disappears.

Being in a competitive title race would also help.

That said, I did think we may have added a bit to the gate yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Good wins for a sustained period of time. When we do something good (like Wednesday) it's too often followed by something not so good (like yesterday). Any feel good factor just disappears.

Being in a competitive title race would also help.

That said, I did think we may have added a bit to the gate yesterday.
    It's disappointing to have dropped 8 points, and see the rangers blowing everyone aside, but too many have "chucked it". Bet your bottom dollar should we get to League Cup Final, 30,000 will want tickets, meanwhile 8,500 continue to watch us at home, is it always going to be like this? Hardcore at home until a chance of glory?

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Remember the argument that Hearts had a whole season to prepare for this league, how long have we had?

The lack of width in our team is laughable, we are still after how many signings, using both full backs as our main men for width, when neither have the guile ability or quality to play that role?

It's disappointing to have dropped 8 points, and see the rangers blowing everyone aside, but too many have "chucked it". Bet your bottom dollar should we get to League Cup Final, 30,000 will want tickets, meanwhile 8,500 continue to watch us at home, is it always going to be like this? Hardcore at home until a chance of glory?
    It's not unique to Hibs though. Rangers were rank rotten last year and Ibrox was half empty. It's not this year because they are winning games and scoring goals. Hearts romped the league last year, people enjoyed going. They proceeded to sell 13k season tickets this year. If their season fades this year and they don't achieve anything then that'll drop next year.

If the team delivers then crowds will rise. If not, they won't.

These Glory hunting Hibs fans are great eh.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    These Glory hunting Hibs fans are great eh.
    Eh nah......

Eh nah......
    So why do you think crowds are down, and what needs to happen for the crowds to rise?

So why do you think crowds are down, and what needs to happen for the crowds to rise?
    Ah the usual patronising toned question.............

Ah the usual patronising toned question.............
    And the usual non answer, just how great everything is at the club, and we are all satan in disguise and should be ashamed of ourselves for wanting a cup final ticket should we get there?

If we do get to a final, i'm going even though i have zero loyalty points.

Now that's patronising.

And the usual non answer, just how great everything is at the club, and we are all satan in disguise and should be ashamed of ourselves for wanting a cup final ticket should we get there?

If we do get to a final, i'm going even though i have zero loyalty points.

Now that's patronising.
    Why would I answer someone who has chucked it....? (Until the glory games come around)

After the result at Morton today, does anyone seriously think The Rangers will drop many points this season?

Being realistic, it's just not going to happen. Even if Hibs were to beat them (that's a big if) Hibs are then liable to produce results like yesterdays, a few days after beating Aberdeen FFS.

Hibs are struggling to break down garbage like St Mirren, they go away and thrash Morton by 4 goals.

Why would I answer someone who has chucked it....? (Until the glory games come around)
    Because you can't, other than tell me and others like me that we make you sick.

I was at the Morton game, i may even be at the QOS game next week. These are real glamour ties, for all of us glory hunters.

That's one of the reasons I feel we are where we are now. We have been through god knows how many managers. There has to come a time, surely, when someone is given a run at it. We bemoan players leaving after a year or two yet never seem to care about any stability within management ranks. When Stubbs took over, the club was on its erse. It needed massive surgery from top to bottom and was a project. I don't think the project is finished yet but Stubbs needs to be allowed to finish what he started.