hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: David Gray

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by KiddA View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not really back up if he is injured though and he is leaving in January for the USA. So to my point no fit left back really knocking on the door to challenge for the left back position.
    So why exactly did we sign him, given he was injured at the time?

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough Stoney Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JollyGreenGiant View Post
    Think you are getting him mixed up with Stevenson 
    What he said. Truly shocking delivery yesterday, gets into great positions, but only delivers quality once in a blue moon.

Stevenson has put some cracking deliveries into the box over the past few weeks.

Ok, it doesn't happen every time and you could argue that it doesn't happen enough.

If you freeze things every time he gets the ball and look at where he would ideally put it for someone to get on the end of it you'd be left scratching your head because you'd have Cummings 15 yards outside the box, Malonga standing with his finger up his **** and 6 players showing short for it inside.

This goes further than 1 player's deficiencies. Our entire attacking unit is dysfunctional.

Boyle's movement offers a wee bit of hope and something different but with our current personnel and approach to the game we are not going to get a different result to what we've all too often got.

As I see it the only hope is that Farid/Feruz/Anier or Keatings will come in and shake it up and offer something different. That or our defence go on a quite incredible run of form (which in all fairness they were on until a single slip yesterday).

But on the evidence of what I've seen (and heard in Stubbs' post-match interview) I've seen nothing to suggest that we're going to overcome the deficiencies that we've now had for (let's face it) years. It was our failure to get enough goals that saw us relegated in the first place, albeit with different type of football and a different manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Hannah_hfc View Post
    Ahh the good old Lewis Stevenson debate

.....wasn't long ago we had a flag made for him and several threads singing his praises.

Unfortunately for Lewis, the only time he doesn't get singled out for negativity is when he's putting goals in past der hun!

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
    Stevenson was my man of the match yesterday and most around me agreed.

A great committed player with a brilliant engine and even better attitude. A few distractors on here make a big noise about Lewis but the majority value him greatly.

For me he is someone who will be talked about fondly when he is gone instead of being appreciated now.

Hope he us with us for many more years.

Quote Originally Posted by keep the faith View Post
    Stevenson was my man of the match yesterday and most around me agreed.

A great committed player with a brilliant engine and even better attitude. A few distractors on here make a big noise about Lewis but the majority value him greatly.

For me he is someone who will be talked about fondly when he is gone instead of being appreciated now.

Hope he us with us for many more years.

Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post
    Must have the worst distribution I've seen in my life

he gets in some great positions going forward - 9/10 doesn't beat the 1st man

To me, he looks to have gone backwards from last year for some reason
    The bit in bold - you must be jesting surely?

You can't have been watching football, or Hibs, for very long if you seriously think David Gray's distribution is the worst you've seen in your life.

Have you seen some of the donkeys that have turned out in the Hibs jersey, particularly in recent seasons?

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Quote Originally Posted by emerald green View Post
    The bit in bold - you must be jesting surely?

You can't have been watching football, or Hibs, for very long if you seriously think David Gray's distribution is the worst you've seen in your life.

Have you seen some of the donkeys that have turned out in the Hibs jersey, particularly in recent seasons?
    teeny over reaction I agree

His final ball is terrible though

teeny over reaction I agree

His final ball is terrible though
    It was Gray's ball across goal which resulted in Boyle's goal yesterday.

His final ball isn't always terrible. A lot of the time others are not getting into space and positions in the box to either attack or receive the ball. Same goes for balls in from the other side.

Gray could definitely do better with the number of times he gets in to the final third, much like Stevenson to be honest.

It does make it tougher in that they need to be 100% accurate most of the time as the players we have are generally never going to out jump a centre half for instance. They very rarely turn a bad or average ball in to a good one.

It was Gray's ball across goal which resulted in Boyle's goal yesterday.

His final ball isn't always terrible. A lot of the time others are not getting into space and positions in the box to either attack or receive the ball. Same goes for balls in from the other side.
    Very much this. Both Gray and Stevenson predominantly have to cut back inside because there is no target in the box.
    This is how it feels

Must have the worst distribution I've seen in my life

he gets in some great positions going forward - 9/10 doesn't beat the 1st man

To me, he looks to have gone backwards from last year for some reason
    Dearie bloody me 😕

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Very much this. Both Gray and Stevenson predominantly have to cut back inside because there is no target in the box.
    Yes, and that's something that the head coach and his team can surely see if you and I can both see it?

Yes, and that's something that the head coach and his team can surely see if you and I can both see it?
    Agreed. For me the biggest problem we have is that we play at a tempo that allows teams with ten men behind the ball to do that quite comfortably.
    This is how it feels

Agreed. For me the biggest problem we have is that we play at a tempo that allows teams with ten men behind the ball to do that quite comfortably.
    The number of times I find myself muttering "that's too slow" when Hibs are in possession and trying to break teams down that park the bus.

The number of times I find myself muttering "that's too slow" when Hibs are in possession and trying to break teams down that park the bus.
    I'm prone to muttering that myself

Yesterday, Jason was way too far from where he should be on a good few occasions. That wasn't because the coaches asked him to do that. He took it upon himself. What I'd have liked to see was DG as captain, telling him to hold his striking position
    This is how it feels

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Auld Git View Post
    10 Strikers ? Really ? Don't think so, can yo name them for me.

No back up left back ? - Eckersly left then has he ? Still, never let the truth get in the way of a good rant eh.
    Could one fit the word pedant into your name I wonder?

The lad - Kidd A said 10 forward players. So you googled the squad and found out it was actually 9. Pardon me but, big deal if he's one out!

As for left back cover. If it's true that Ek is injured and then leaving for the States, then that's a rather pants contingency plan is it not?

I'm prone to muttering that myself

Yesterday, Jason was way too far from where he should be on a good few occasions. That wasn't because the coaches asked him to do that. He took it upon himself. What I'd have liked to see was DG as captain, telling him to hold his striking position
    Absolutely, and I also think it would help JC, and the balance of the team in general, if he had a big strong strike partner. Someone in the style of Mixu who can knock big defenders about and create space for others like JC. I just feel Hibs are too powder puff up front and carry very little airial threat.

We are unlikely to be able to get someone as good as Mixu. Hopefully Farid recovers sufficiently from his terrible injury. Anier a possibility maybe?

Absolutely, and I also think it would help JC, and the balance of the team in general, if he had a big strong strike partner. Someone in the style of Mixu who can knock big defenders about and create space for others like JC. I just feel Hibs are too powder puff up front and carry very little airial threat.

We are unlikely to be able to get someone as good as Mixu. Hopefully Farid recovers sufficiently from his terrible injury. Anier a possibility maybe?
    A fit Farid would be a great asset but he's been out for so long, even when he's fit he'll have had no game time for ages. Not sure Anier is that type of player either.
    This is how it feels