hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty

Klitschko v Fury off

Klitschko pulls out injured. I'm quite disappointed, was looking forward to Fury getting knocked out.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Testimonial Due
    Think it's just been postponed?

Sky/Hearn will be massively ****ed - If it's moved to late November or December it will screw up the Dec 12th Joshua PPV

I'm no fan of Fury but I think he'll give a decent account of himself against Klitschko.

I don't see Fury knocking him out and no way is he winning a points decision in Germany but he'll do enough to keep himself in the world title bracket and may well get a shot at Wilder before Joshua does.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm no fan of Fury but I think he'll give a decent account of himself against Klitschko.

I don't see Fury knocking him out and no way is he winning a points decision in Germany but he'll do enough to keep himself in the world title bracket and may well get a shot at Wilder before Joshua does.
    Back on, Fury will get schooled.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiberniankb View Post
    Back on, Fury will get schooled.
    28th of November on Sky box office.

United we stand here....

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    Did anyone see the conference thing the other night?

fury was waffling on about meeting klitchko in a sauna or spa or somthing a few years ago and fury won the mental battle by staying in the longest or something. The sheer confusion on Klitchkos face told it all, honestly if the bit heard is what I think was said im suprised no one has picked it up as it was really a bizzare rant about total nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibee87 View Post
    Did anyone see the conference thing the other night?

fury was waffling on about meeting klitchko in a sauna or spa or somthing a few years ago and fury won the mental battle by staying in the longest or something. The sheer confusion on Klitchkos face told it all, honestly if the bit heard is what I think was said im suprised no one has picked it up as it was really a bizzare rant about total nonsense.
    Fury has lost the plot. He was ranting away the other day about good v evil and giving pretty grim views on homosexuality, abortion and various other bits and pieces.

Klitschko summed it up when he said the same thing happened with David Haye. They try so hard to get under Klitschkos skin and when it doesn't work they end up winding themselves up and losing their own focus.

I actually thought Fury would give a decent account of himself but the closer the fight comes and the more he works himself into a frenzy the more I picture him getting frustrated and picked off, probably being stopped mid to late rounds.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Testimonial Due
    Really looking forward to seeing fury get ko'd. But I have to admit I've found him very entertaining during this build up. The first press conference when he said "this klit is getting licked". The batman stunt at the UK presser was hilarious. And I was in stitches watching an interview with him on Sky the other night there. Comparing himself to Rocky when he fights Ivan Drago in the 4th film and the crowd start chanting his name. Apparently the German crowd will start chanting 'Tyson! Tyson! Tyson!' when he KO's Klitschko 😂😂😂 he really has lost the plot.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by #FromTheCapital View Post
    Really looking forward to seeing fury get ko'd. But I have to admit I've found him very entertaining during this build up. The first press conference when he said "this klit is getting licked". The batman stunt at the UK presser was hilarious. And I was in stitches watching an interview with him on Sky the other night there. Comparing himself to Rocky when he fights Ivan Drago in the 4th film and the crowd start chanting his name. Apparently the German crowd will start chanting 'Tyson! Tyson! Tyson!' when he KO's Klitschko 😂😂😂 he really has lost the plot.

The boy seems a bit mental.

I saw him getting interviewed and he was giving all his tactics away. Can't remember which Sky guy it was but they were both in the ring and he was saying "when he does this, I'll just do that" - almost as if he thought that Klitchko wouldn't get to see the tape.

Can someone change the thread title, every time I see it I think my plans for next Saturday night are in tatters

United we stand here....

I see there's a problem with gloves now.

Klitschko is insisting both fighters wear Paffen Sports gloves, and had it stipulated in the contract, but Fury was unhappy with the ones he was sent to try in training. He requested another pair that he likes but Paffen are now saying they may not be able to get them from their factory in India to Germany in time.

Similar has happened with Klitscko before which is why David Haye insisted he be allowed to wear his preferred Grant gloves when he fought him. Fury normally wear Lonsdale or Cleto Reyes so not sure why he agreed to wear a different brand.

@hibs.net private member

Klitschko is insisting both fighters wear Paffen Sports gloves, and had it stipulated in the contract, but Fury was unhappy with the ones he was sent to try in training. He requested another pair that he likes but Paffen are now saying they may not be able to get them from their factory in India to Germany in time.

Similar has happened with Klitscko before which is why David Haye insisted he be allowed to wear his preferred Grant gloves when he fought him. Fury normally wear Lonsdale or Cleto Reyes so not sure why he agreed to wear a different brand.

Wouldn't surprise me if he can't read.

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Wouldn't surprise me if he can't read.
    Apparently he's quite an intelligent guy. There was someone from one of the newspapers on talk sport last night saying he's interviewed him a couple of times and he's one of the most intelligent boxers he's ever interviewed.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    Apparently he's quite an intelligent guy. There was someone from one of the newspapers on talk sport last night saying he's interviewed him a couple of times and he's one of the most intelligent boxers he's ever interviewed.
    Klitschko or Fury?

Klitschko is pretty well known for his brains. Has a Phd, plays chess, speaks multiple languages, politically active, works for UNESCO etc.

Fury I don't know a lot about but listening to him he's surprisingly eloquent but the substance of what he says is, to put it kindly, very strange.

@hibs.net private member
    I meant Fury mate.

Apparently Fury didn't like them after 5 weeks of using them!

Testimonial Due
    Theres defintely more than meets the eye with Tyson Fury, Watched a recent interview he done with Kugan Cassius and he came across very well, talked a lot of sense, at least when talking about boxing. He's off his rocker, but certainly no mug when it comes to boxing.

Klitschko or Fury?

Klitschko is pretty well known for his brains. Has a Phd, plays chess, speaks multiple languages, politically active, works for UNESCO etc.

Fury I don't know a lot about but listening to him he's surprisingly eloquent but the substance of what he says is, to put it kindly, very strange.
    The guy was talking about Fury.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    I meant Fury mate.
    I know, it was Fury the guy was talking about. He comes across as a bit of a lunatic, but maybe it's a bit of an act.

United we stand here....

I know, it was Fury the guy was talking about. He comes across as a bit of a lunatic, but maybe it's a bit of an act.
    I initially thought he was unhinged but I am now beginning to wonder. 'Hard men' don't have to keep on telling everyone how 'mental' they are.

I wonder if Fury's trying to make himself believe it.

Time will tell!

Fury weighed in a very trim, by his standards, 17st 8lbs. Klitschko was 17st 7lbs, 4lbs up on his last fight.

That's almost as light as Fury has ever been.

Testimonial Due
    A slight change in odds at Bet 365. Fury drifts to 4/1 from 10/3 and Klitschko moves from 2/9 to 1/5

A slight change in odds at Bet 365. Fury drifts to 4/1 from 10/3 and Klitschko moves from 2/9 to 1/5
    I'll be backing Fury, mainly due to the odds.

United we stand here....

Testimonial Due
    I'll be backing Fury, mainly due to the odds.
    I took Tyson Fury and Dillian Whyte on a double, which I don't expect to win, but £5 on for a £200 return.

Also stuck £20 on klitschko to win in rounds 7,8 or 9 at 5/1

I took Tyson Fury and Dillian Whyte on a double, which I don't expect to win, but £5 on for a £200 return.

Also stuck £20 on klitschko to win in rounds 7,8 or 9 at 5/1
    I've not had a bet yet, but I've got a few quid in my account after Celtics latest failure in Europe .
    Is it due to start at 22:00?

United we stand here....

Testimonial Due
    I've not had a bet yet, but I've got a few quid in my account after Celtics latest failure in Europe .
    Is it due to start at 22:00?
    😂😂

Yes programme starts at 7pm but undercard isn't great. Ringwalks due at 10pm



Yes programme starts at 7pm but undercard isn't great. Ringwalks due at 10pm
    Cheers, I should manage to stay up for that. The final preview show is just about to start, I'll be having my bet after the show.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Still not sure about paying for this fight, id like to see it but think it might be a quick and easy win for klitschko

Fury has an advantage in size on mobility and he does have an excellent jab, plus the ability to switch hit. So I don’t write him off altogether. However, being realistic, Fury hasn’t got the greatest chin in the world, though he does get up after being hit. But safety first Klitschko can be a truly damaging puncher and he knows how to systematically wear down opponents and rough them up.