hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Defence

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by givescotlandfreedom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Very interesting stat if accurate. For me anyway!
    In the league it's correct

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Was my 1st time up this season & I thought Paul H was superb. I like Fontaine but IMO he could not do what Paul is doing, ie play on right side of defence, as he's (LF) much weaker on his right side. As for Paul's passing I thought in the main that was also excellent. In the 1st half he pinged one about 40 yards straight into LS path. I agree with those who also thought Marv had a fine match, I loved his strength in bringing the ball out of defence at times. I was disappointed with both McGinn & Henderson, goal excepted of course, but they looked to me like good players having an off day rather than poor players. All in all, 3 great points & our first on the road.

I like this thread.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    I like this thread.
    Think you like the PH praise, don't you Paul😀

Quote Originally Posted by billy whizz View Post
    think you like the ph praise, don't you paul
    no outing!

Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    Home and away and no matter the formation, Bartley should play if fit.
    I respectfully disagree!! There will be times when Bartley won't start and the likes of Boyle, Carmichael will come in. Would also like to see Martin start again as I think he has a massive future. Didn't let himself down at all when we were toiling for bodies at the start of the season. But agree Bartley will start most games.

I think Oxley has played a huge part in this. He's now saved us a few times with some very good saves.

Quote Originally Posted by high bee View Post
    I think Oxley has had a very good season so far.

Folk, including me, where doubting him because we seemed to have 1 or 2 chances against and concede and people kept saying they couldn't remember many good saves he made but he has already made some great saves this season.

He has done enough to silence his critics and I'm glad to say I was wrong about him.

Really ? Started season badly, goals we conceded v Dumbarton as an example, the free kick v rangers another, season is only started and thats two games his mistakes have cost us so dearly. Will admit however he has improved as season is progressing but far too early imo to state he is having a good season.

@hibs.net private member whiskyhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    Was my 1st time up this season & I thought Paul H was superb. I like Fontaine but IMO he could not do what Paul is doing, ie play on right side of defence, as he's (LF) much weaker on his right side. As for Paul's passing I thought in the main that was also excellent. In the 1st half he pinged one about 40 yards straight into LS path. I agree with those who also thought Marv had a fine match, I loved his strength in bringing the ball out of defence at times. I was disappointed with both McGinn & Henderson, goal excepted of course, but they looked to me like good players having an off day rather than poor players. All in all, 3 great points & our first on the road.
    Completely agree with the comments on PH he is playing exceptionally well at the moment and his cross field passes to Louie have been a real stand out in the last few games

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    I think Oxley has played a huge part in this. He's now saved us a few times with some very good saves.
    He has. Keep it up big man.

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    He rightly came in for some stick after his performances against Sevco and Dumbarton early doors ,So only fair to give him credit now .We are keeping clean sheets the issue now it's getting the forwards to score more often as the midfield is now contributing .
    But just now the main thing is to keep winning and that's what we are doing .