hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by shamo9 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Mowbray was a disaster at Celtic so seems fair enough
    enough to me.
    No, it is not fair enough! Although Brown has links with Mowbray, Mowbray's tenure at Celtic has nothing to do whatsoever with the current mediocrity that they 'enjoy' now.

Low class garbage from what Betty Boop on here correctly calls a Classless Fud.

No Mowbray in Scott Browns career and no Scott Brown as captain of Celtic, and no Scott Brown as a Scotland 'star.

This is not even perspective. Like me saying the economy sucks and someone saying , 'Yes, but it was a lot worse in the great depression'....... 'Oh yes, what I was thinking?'

Celtic in the grand scheme of things are just ****, in a ****ty league, managing to get bounced out of Europe 3 times in one season, already out the CL this year and not exactly ripping the Scottish League apart right now.

He can put their position in perspective and show support for the incumbent management team without bad mouthing someone who pretty much made his career.

I would take Mowbray back as manager before Brown as captain.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by SanFranHibs View Post

I would take Mowbray back as manager before Brown as captain.
    Nah.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by SanFranHibs View Post

This is not even perspective. Like me saying the economy sucks and someone saying , 'Yes, but it was a lot worse in the great depression'....... 'Oh yes, what I was thinking?'

It's not like that. At all.

Unprofessional, crass comment by Brown. Simply no need for it.

Not the sharpest, so got to expect this kind of stuff from him time to time.

What a knob, Mowbray developed him in to one of the best players in Scotland and that's the way he thanks him. Lost an awful lot of respect for Brown for this. Mind you the respect has been on a shoogly peg for a few years now with his antics.

Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    Scott Brown is a classless prick. An opinion I held long before he and his partner in crime enlisted the help of his pals at the Daily Record to publicly **** on our club.
    Agree.....He is one angry character on the pitch and very over-rated....

He reminds me of Strachan, always got to be a wideo in interviews
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Unprofessional, crass comment by Brown. Simply no need for it.

Not the sharpest, so got to expect this kind of stuff from him time to time.
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Slightly off topic but how bad is Scott Brown these days? Games against Malmo and Georgia in particular. Should have went down south and he could have became a top player.

Quote Originally Posted by CB_NO3 View Post
    Slightly off topic but how bad is Scott Brown these days? Games against Malmo and Georgia in particular. Should have went down south and he could have became a top player.
    I think a lot of that is down to how Celtic have wanted him to play. He's nowhere near mobile enough or technically good enough to play the role they want him to. They want a prime Roy Keane performance from a guy with a Celtic era Roy Keanes ability. I think a lot of what we see from.his is frustration at his own limitations.

I'm not really sure going south would have made a difference tbh. Aggressive, energetic players are a ten a penny down there. He's had about as good a career as he could have hoped with his natural ability imo. Whether he would have been handled and developed differently down south is up for debate of course.

When he left us he was one of the most exciting attack minded midfielders I've ever seen. You'd have thought that with the players he had around him at Celtic they could have got even more from him...but instead they (somehow) turned him into a pretty boring and unadventurous player.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    If it wasn't for Tony Mowbray then god knows what Scott Brown would be doing career wise right now. Very disrespectful comments made by Brown on the guy that virtually did a lot for Brown during the early part of his career.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    Agree.....He is one angry character on the pitch and very over-rated....

He reminds me of Strachan, always got to be a wideo in interviews
    One of the most overrated in a long, long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    I think Brown was just putting into perspective the current 'crisis' compared to results when Mowbray was there.
    Agreed.

An amount of righteous indignation in a number of posts. Does anyone really know what Brown's relationship with Mowbray was like at Celtic? Probably only Brown, his team mates and Mowbray.

Mowbray's record at Celtic kinda bears out the 'crisis' claim
    This is how it feels

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Who cares?

Scott Brown is a prick and so is Tony Mowbray.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Why is Tony Mowbray a prick?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    Who cares?

Scott Brown is a prick and so is Tony Mowbray.

and by posting that, you come across a great guy!

Quote Originally Posted by GreenArmyyy! View Post
    Went way down in my estimations after how he carried himself at Celtic
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    I've never been able to work out whether Scott Brown is really bright (but gives 'guarded' interviews) or if he's actually pretty thick.

Either way he was a great player for Hibs (and in no way overrated) and that's all that matters to me.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Very true mate, he was horrendous in both games, a mile off the pace. He should be paying more attention to getting himself match fit instead slagging off the manager who made him into a football player.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenArmyyy! View Post
    Scott Browns not a prick! Mowbray did well at Hibs but won nowt, he was an absolute disaster at celtic. When JC took over from Mowbray we played better football, specifically in midfield where we got the ball back a hell of a lot quicker and won the league cup and one other thing, Brown will come back to pkay for Hibs!

Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    Scott Browns not a prick! Mowbray did well at Hibs but won nowt, he was an absolute disaster at celtic. When JC took over from Mowbray we played better football, specifically in midfield where we got the ball back a hell of a lot quicker and won the league cup and one other thing, Brown will come back to pkay for Hibs!
    Yeahlet's be grateful at the thought of a 36 year old 'Broony' coming back to wind down his career at us eh

@hibs.net private member
    Obviously only telling the celtc fans what they wanna hear. Next thing you know he will be dissing the Rangers.

I read his comments and genuinely don't think he was dissing Mowbray. Playing to the smellies and trying as captain to take the heat of his current stroker of a manager IMO. I genuinely thought Brown in his prime here was one of Scotland's top prospects and loved watching him play. I would guess there are not too many on here who honestly thought Mowbray and Brown weren't destined for better things. Brown you could argue has done by captaining Celtic & his country, Mowbray it hasn't really worked out for. Either way they both gave me some of my best recent memories watching Hibs.

I think people are reacting how they are because the majority of us hold the 2 of them in high regard, in spite of the fact that they both have carried themselves badly at the smellies.

You would like to think that there would be a bit of mutual respect between them - Brown has done well for Mowbray so you wouldn't expect Mowbray to put the boot in on Brown (if asked), and vice-versa.

We have a very different view of Mowbray as a manager to Celtic fans.

I think it was a crass and ill-advised comment and has been pointed out elsewhere, Brown doesn't know who he might encounter on his way down.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    I've never been able to work out whether Scott Brown is really bright (but gives 'guarded' interviews) or if he's actually pretty thick.

Either way he was a great player for Hibs (and in no way overrated) and that's all that matters to me.

He kind of has that look about him that if he weren't a footballer he'd spend his days, all day, sitting in a bus stop shyly saying 'Hiya' to people, his eyes darting to the ground when he makes eye contact with anyone and chewing on a bookies pen he'd found lying in a puddle there.

Like most Rangers fans.

I don't think his comment was a dig at Mowbray. To juxtapose Mowbray's Celtc with the current team in this way was actually pretty clever.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post

I've on various occasions stated my respect for Brown as a Hibs player and that will never change. However, I have also criticised him for his demeanor and snydeness and on reflection, I think he comes over that way because, IMO, as you suggest, he's not the brightest card in the pack.

Give it a rest with the "Scott Brown is a prick" nonsense. I have a female friend who counts Scott Brown as a close friend. Says a nicer guy you could not meet. Also been seen in the stands regularly at ER over the years - and that makes him OK by me!

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SkintHibby View Post
    Give it a rest with the "Scott Brown is a prick" nonsense. I have a female friend who counts Scott Brown as a close friend. Says a nicer guy you could not meet. Also been seen in the stands regularly at ER over the years - and that makes him OK by me!

Celtic neutered Scott Brown, take a look at his breaks against Rangers for Ivan's goals, I'd much rather have our old Scott Brown than Celtics testicle free version

Scott Brown would do well to concentrate on his football, which has been less than impressive lately for club and country.

I'm sure he's a nice chap and all that.