hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Dan Sarf's Avatar

Scott Brown disses Tony Mowbray

From BBC Gossip: Celtic captain Scott Brown scoffs at the notion of a crisis at the club. "I had Tony Mowbray as a manager - that was a crisis," he remarks. (Various)

Not nice.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Sarf View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    From BBC Gossip: Celtic captain Scott Brown scoffs at the notion of a crisis at the club. "I had Tony Mowbray as a manager - that was a crisis," he remarks. (Various)

Not nice.
    Does he say whether that crisis was at Hibs or Celtc?

I wonder how many managers have done as much for Scott Brown's career as Tony Mowbray?

Idiotic comment and smacks of playing to the crowd. Of all clubs in the UK the Celtc fans will be the ones who will have the lowest opinion of Mowbray.

Any other club and any other management team and he'd have said John Collins…….

The old saying if you've nothing good to say comes to mind, no need and shows him in a bad light, remember he and Thomson were quick to ask for more cash when they changed agent. A good player but has a nasty streak in him, same when he plays he looked great most of the time, then out of the blue he'll put in a leg breaking tackle and either get a booking or sent off.

Edit. He could be talking about Mowbray's time at Celtic, I never thought of that.
    Last edited by J-C; 17-09-2015 at 08:59 AM.

@hibs.net private member Dan Sarf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    Does he say whether that crisis was at Hibs or Celtc?
    I assumed he meant Celtc

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: shamo9
    Mowbray was a disaster at Celtic so seems fair enough
    enough to me.

Coaching Staff scott7_0(Prague)'s Avatar
    In my option i see a bit of sarcasm in the quote/interview - so probably not a dig at all, just a piss take out of the press.

Surprised he didn't just qoute "a dunno" several times.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Sarf View Post
    I assumed he meant Celtc
    Definitely Celtic. But I think he's being a bit rash to attack someone like Mowbray in such a personal way. As they say, when you're at the top of the ladder (Scotland), you never know who you'll meet on the way down.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Obviously because he couldnt mention Collins with him being the assistant where he is.

Classless fud

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    I wonder how many managers have done as much for Scott Brown's career as Tony Mowbray?

Idiotic comment and smacks of playing to the crowd. Of all clubs in the UK the Celtc fans will be the ones who will have the lowest opinion of Mowbray.

He's celtc captain, enough said. Not Hibs class.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

I've not heard many other former Hibs players say too much against TM. Derek Riordan was pretty gushing in his praise of him just last week.

I know he isn't everyones cup of tea (Mowbray) but players seem to like him. I'd suggest if there is a problem it may be Brown that has it.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I've not heard many other former Hibs players say too much against TM. Derek Riordan was pretty gushing in his praise of him just last week.

I know he isn't everyones cup of tea (Mowbray) but players seem to like him. I'd suggest if there is a problem it may be Brown that has it.
    I'll drink to that

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post

A fantastic point and spot on. Pretty awful comment IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

I wonder if Brown is annoyed that Mowbray left us to go to W Brom, maybe feels Mowbray left the team he was building to go to an average team down south.

Coaching Staff
    I think Brown was just putting into perspective the current 'crisis' compared to results when Mowbray was there.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    I think Brown was just putting into perspective the current 'crisis' compared to results when Mowbray was there.
    I think it's fairly obvious that's what he meant.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    I wonder if Brown is annoyed that Mowbray left us to go to W Brom, maybe feels Mowbray left the team he was building to go to an average team down south.
    I don't think he's relating Mowbray's time at ER to this recent criticism. Celtic are getting a bit of a bad press just now and I think that he's just come out with this throwaway comment to deflect scrutiny from their recent 'crisis'. Deila's all over the back page of the Scotsman, defending his position and asking Lawwell to sack him if they don't win the league. He should be grateful for the pressure from Aberdeen and a couple of other Premiership clubs for putting up a challenge and thereby improving their useless campaign in Europe. Might shut up Collins for a wee while.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    We’re playing well now but back then we weren’t playing any football whatsoever and the crowds were down to 15,000-20,000. That was an extremely hard situation but this isn’t even close to that.
    http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/f...crisis-6458396

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: magseven7
    Considering Mowbray made Scott Brown captain at Celtic, this is a pretty unprofessional and ungrateful dig at him.

Quote Originally Posted by Betty Boop View Post
    Classless fud
    It kind of goes with the territory of being associated with that mob.

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar

Scott Brown disses Tony Mowbray

The old saying if you've nothing good to say comes to mind, no need and shows him in a bad light, remember he and Thomson were quick to ask for more cash when they changed agent. A good player but has a nasty streak in him, same when he plays he looked great most of the time, then out of the blue he'll put in a leg breaking tackle and either get a booking or sent off.

Edit. He could be talking about Mowbray's time at Celtic, I never thought of that.
    Na most of his horror show tackles are unmentioned by the refs here.

He goes into Europe or for Scotland and puts in another and then acts surprised when he gets called up for it.

Has always annoyed me he plays like that and gets away with it continually up here.

He's Jim Goodwin in a Celtic shirt.

That's when it comes to tackling btw and not overall ability

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    I don't think he's relating Mowbray's time at ER to this recent criticism. Celtic are getting a bit of a bad press just now and I think that he's just come out with this throwaway comment to deflect scrutiny from their recent 'crisis'. Deila's all over the back page of the Scotsman, defending his position and asking Lawwell to sack him if they don't win the league. He should be grateful for the pressure from Aberdeen and a couple of other Premiership clubs for putting up a challenge and thereby improving their useless campaign in Europe. Might shut up Collins for a wee while.
    Dons might even lead the pack until January, when Lawwell will rip the heart out of their team for having the temerity to challenge Celtc.

Quote Originally Posted by jacomoseven View Post
    Dons might even lead the pack until January, when Lawwell will rip the heart out of their team for having the temerity to challenge Celtc.

The old saying if you've nothing good to say comes to mind, no need and shows him in a bad light, remember he and Thomson were quick to ask for more cash when they changed agent. A good player but has a nasty streak in him, same when he plays he looked great most of the time, then out of the blue he'll put in a leg breaking tackle and get neither a booking or sent off.
    Edited that for you

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Scott Brown is a classless prick. An opinion I held long before he and his partner in crime enlisted the help of his pals at the Daily Record to publicly **** on our club.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post
    It kind of goes with the territory of being associated with that mob.

It kind of goes with the territory of being Scott Brown, in my opinion.

Only one star in Scotty's universe.

Brown is trying to deflect from what is really going on behind the scenes at Parkhead at the moment.2 members of their coaching staff alleged to have walked in the last few days along with one of their medical backroom staff, add that to both Brown and Commons going to Deila to complain about team selection & tactics tells you everything is not rosy at Darkheid. Usual rubbish from the weegie press tip toeing around them in fear of upsetting Lawlell and Co

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tam View Post
    Brown is trying to deflect from what is really going on behind the scenes at Parkhead at the moment.2 members of their coaching staff alleged to have walked in the last few days along with one of their medical backroom staff, add that to both Brown and Commons going to Deila to complain about team selection & tactics tells you everything is not rosy at Darkheid. Usual rubbish from the weegie press tip toeing around them in fear of upsetting Lawlell and Co

You mean the Celtc players are revolting?

I knew that.

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doddie View Post
    You mean the Celtc players are revolting?

I knew that.
    Positively fragrant compared to their support though