hibs.net Messageboard

First Team Breakthrough Dav1986's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: davidmcandrew86

charity fundraising

Hi everyone,

I don't want to take away from the refugees banner thread but on sunday I am taking part in a white water rafting challenge with a few friends on sunday to raise money for the Sick kids Friends Foundation. A lot of you know the work they do for children in our area.

Would be great if anyone could donate some money to a good cause.

https://www.justgiving.com/KristoffersenCarpets

Between the teams taking part we have raised £6400 so far and looking to get closer to 9/10 by the time we take to the waters.

Admins- is there any chance you could leave this on the main board for a few hours to get maximum exposure?

2. Log in to remove the advert

I don't trust charities at all....most take a cut for themselves. Would it not be better saving the cash in an account in order to buy things outright and present them to the relevant parties.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYHIBBY View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't trust charities at all....most take a cut for themselves. Would it not be better saving the cash in an account in order to buy things outright and present them to the relevant parties.
    Dunno if I'd go as far as to say I don't trust charities at all, but I'm certainly more cynical towards them nowadays. There needs to be far more transparency, and get rid of these chugger folk in towns.

Gamer IDs

That is a debate for the holy ground at some point rather than on this thread. It's close to me as my fiances cousin worse at the sick kids and johnnyfelly on here, his laddie is being treated there too and I've known John and his boy for 12 years now!

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaft View Post
    That is a debate for the holy ground at some point rather than on this thread. It's close to me as my fiances cousin worse at the sick kids and johnnyfelly on here, his laddie is being treated there too and I've known John and his boy for 12 years now!
    and it's great how much money you've raised already.

Gamer IDs

Just bumping this up a bit.

Including cash donations we are less than £100 from our target so hopefully get a few donations to help us edge past our target

Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    Dunno if I'd go as far as to say I don't trust charities at all, but I'm certainly more cynical towards them nowadays. There needs to be far more transparency, and get rid of these chugger folk in towns.
    Nowt wrong with chuggers. A lot of them do good work and make hundreds of thousands of pounds for charities. All it takes is a no thankyou from you if you dont want to give. If their doing their job right and you do givr then you should get a badge or a sticker which if you wear should stop them from asking you again.
    Last edited by DH1875; 05-09-2015 at 04:59 PM.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Wouldn't get the Gift Aid relief that way :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk