hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    First Team Regular erin-go-bragh87's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Salt N Sauzee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Always has to be one person to lower it eh?
    Not lowering anything. Had a perfectly good post deleted, probably because I was spot on.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by erin-go-bragh87 View Post
    Not lowering anything. Had a perfectly good post deleted, probably because I was spot on.
    There's a thread on the Holy Ground where you can debate the issues. The OP has asked that this one be kept clear for those who wish to donate. Please respect that.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Back on track, £360 has now been raised

Quote Originally Posted by erin-go-bragh87 View Post
    Can I just say that money that has already come in from the Hibs support has been unbelievable considering this has been running for less than 12 hours. At times the support never ceases to amaze me, in a positive way.

A fraction of that will be used to make a banner to show a bit solidarity and support, the rest will go to charity to help provide the items you feel so passionately about.

I'm not really sure what the problem is. If people don't agree with what others are trying to do then that's fine, I respect that and understand we all have hugely differing views on a range of topics but I don't understand the need to belittle or try to drag down what others are doing with some pretty poor remarks aimed at FS.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

£370 now Just waiting to hear the cost of the banner then we'll be able to advise how much will be donated to charity.

Please don't take offence if posts which belong on the thread debating this issue on the Hy Ground are deleted from this one. It's not asking much to keep this one clear for the specific intended purpose.
    Thanks all.

First Team Regular
    Would be great if this donation link was kept open so that not only can we have a banner for games but also that we can make a donation to charity as hibs fans, get paid on Tuesday so will make a donation then!

Quote Originally Posted by QMU-1875 View Post
    Would be great if this donation link was kept open so that not only can we have a banner for games but also that we can make a donation to charity as hibs fans, get paid on Tuesday so will make a donation then!
    It's so pleasing to read posts like this.
    Ronaldo7 has already made an excellent suggestion at to where any excess money could be donated. Personally I love to see some given to those helping families caught up at the borders but happy to see it go to any related charity.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    What would the chances be of having the banner displayed in the upper South alongside the flags that are there at present?

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    What would the chances be of having the banner displayed in the upper South alongside the flags that are there at present?
    Great idea Would make more of an impact, IMHO.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Great action guys and as always Suzy in the middle. I've sent a wee donation from my mobile but couldn't add "banner". No problem coz I know you guys are on the ball. Keep up the excellent work

Thank you to everyone who has either donated or offered to help

Just one thing, please can you put 'banner' or the likes in the comments field (or PM me saying you've sent a donation) as there's been a few where there's no narrative and I don't know which one of my projects they're for

Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    Great action guys and as always Suzy in the middle. I've sent a wee donation from my mobile but couldn't add "banner". No problem coz I know you guys are on the ball. Keep up the excellent work

Yip x 2

Received and please ignore the email

£400 now raised

I'll donate a few quid when I'm in however a printer banner will cost a fair few quid.

Get the Since1875/Sect43 chaps on board to see if they can make one for a fraction of the cost. Will then mean more cash for the actual people affacted...

Just curious buy why is this thread not on the holy ground? ....its hardly football related

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYHIBBY View Post
    Just curious buy why is this thread not on the holy ground? ....its hardly football related
    Football fans raising funds for a banner to be flown at a football ground. It won't be here indefinitely.
    OK?

Quote Originally Posted by scott_b_ View Post
    I'll donate a few quid when I'm in however a printer banner will cost a fair few quid.

Get the Since1875/Sect43 chaps on board to see if they can make one for a fraction of the cost. Will then mean more cash for the actual people affacted...
    Thank you and they already are The main thing is the excess funds going to the relevant place

£500 now raised

@hibs.net private member HiBremian's Avatar
    Wee donation just sent. As always, great work S

Memo to Hibs TV - gie us a nice big close-up before the game

Left by mutual consent! God Petrie's Avatar
    how about an alternative more specific message along the lines of "Hibernian - founded by refugees, welcoming refugees"

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by God Petrie View Post
    how about an alternative more specific message along the lines of "Hibernian - founded by refugees, welcoming refugees"
    Spot on....agree with this.

Testimonial Due Tha Cabbage Kid's Avatar
    what will the banner have on it? just text or some graphics on it??

First Team Breakthrough superbam's Avatar
    Excellent

Personally I'd rather follow the template being used across Europe and keep it simple but I'm open to change if there is a greater wish for that.

I'm currently talking to the Scotland Supporting Refugees group that is growing at a rate of noughts on Facebook with regards to them giving us a wee push and hopefully a bit publicity. That may be a chance to mention our own history.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Liking the sound of that. Maybe as the sub text to the main "Hibs Fans welcome Refugees', or similar, message?

Donation made...

Left by mutual consent!
    I think the banner should only read "Refugees Welcome", on it. The press/media will surely capture the fans who are showing the banner.

I think we should spend as little as possible on the banner and as such we should get a couple of rolls of Lining paper, and put our message on it, (it can be any length), and we could do a banner in amongst the section 43 guys/girls, and put one up on the South too.

The message "Refugees Welcome", is short, succinct, and to the point.

To all the Hibernian fans donating or helping in this cause

About space where to make it, hibs have previously allowed fans in the east concourse to do this. What about contacting the club? Or does someone work in a warehouse that could be used after work?

Quote Originally Posted by oconnors_strip View Post
    About space where to make it, hibs have previously allowed fans in the east concourse to do this. What about contacting the club? Or does someone work in a warehouse that could be used after work?
    I've contacted the club to clear this with them N and once that's sorted I'll push it a wee bit further re getting access to the concourse if needed and also a location/area for displaying.

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    Nice idea and I hope some photographs can be posted in this thread of the banner held on match day.

@hibs.net private member
    Like this option