hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Mash Tun

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar

Mash Tun

Doorman turning folk away yesterday at 2pm saying they were full! Poor show as it was nowhere near as full as I have seen it on match days. Enjoyed the Four in Hand instead.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Doorman turning folk away yesterday at 2pm saying they were full! Poor show as it was nowhere near as full as I have seen it on match days. Enjoyed the Four in Hand instead.
    Don't go anyway. Used to like the place, staff were friendly and the beer was good. But the new staff, I find, are a bit uptight and/or arrogant. Also £5 for a pint of brewdog is a bit of a rip, as good as it is.

Don't know what's happened to The Mash Tun.

Used to like it. Beer was decent, service was good and atmosphere was ok. Was in before the Morton game and barman was offhand and a bit of a tw@, beer was cloudy and then as mentioned above I switched to Punk IPA and £5 a pint is scandlous and it was pretty quiet but they were turning people away.

Not sure if they are trying to disuade the football crowd from going in or what but I won't be back anytime soon. There's plenty decent football bars within 5 minutes and a more than a few other decent pubs within 10.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    Safari lounge offers what the mash tun should be/used to be. Good food good beer friendly staff and reasonable value for what you're getting.

Is it under new management?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Don't know what's happened to The Mash Tun.

Used to like it. Beer was decent, service was good and atmosphere was ok. Was in before the Morton game and barman was offhand and a bit of a tw@, beer was cloudy and then as mentioned above I switched to Punk IPA and £5 a pint is scandlous and it was pretty quiet but they were turning people away.

Not sure if they are trying to disuade the football crowd from going in or what but I won't be back anytime soon. There's plenty decent football bars within 5 minutes and a more than a few other decent pubs within 10.
    They advertise at ER so that would be a mistake

5er a pint is a ridiculous price to be charging.

Was gonna try the office next time but heard there's always some mad hammers fan pished on cider in there ;-)

Was gonna try the office next time but heard there's always some mad hammers fan pished on cider in there ;-)
    That boy's a right good lad.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    That boy's a right good lad.
    Nowt wrong with mad hammers fans on cider!

Same management, just new staff.

The beer selection is still good but it's the continual staff changes that lets it down.

The problem for the Raith game is that the actual owner is a Rovers fan and it seems he told every RR fan to come to the Mash.

One entrance open on a fairly hot day was brutal but you could see the bar manager was clearly raging about how busy it was.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Went to the office/ nip pre-match with my old man for about 10/15 years before we started just getting the supporters bus to the home games when we started taking my we brother. Great boozer.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller