Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Alex Harris

Archie Lovell talking sense about all the decisions IMO

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by HH81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Looks like were playing for 2nd?
    That's the spirit......
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post
    I think they'll win the league but I certainly won't be conceding it at the end of August, after four games.

They were fortunate to beat us last week, the only downside is that we appear to be the only side capable of beating them.
    St Mirren missed penalty at 2-1.

Never saw Today's game but sounds like they got their usual decisions.....

I honestly think they are bang average, and we will get better and better.....Long way to go, before handing out the medals

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    Refs in this country help them against other teams and help other teams against us.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    That's the spirit......
    Harris looks finished at Hibs based on today?
    Cougars!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HH81 View Post
    Harris looks finished at Hibs based on today?
    Never saw game, but given he has been at Dundee and QOTS on loan, that would suggest he isn't in the plans.....

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Learn the rules before posting?

It was a silly wee coming together. If you go by the letter of the law you could say that Tavernier raised his hands. Then there was the silly wee heads together thing they did (and you see a lot of) - whilst I would say that you could make an argument that Lyle motioned his head more than the other guy (and yes, I know the rules) it is mental to suggest that one player out of that is deserving of a red card.

The officials got it totally wrong and ruined the game imo.
    The facts are that yes both players came together with their heads but Lyle went to headbutt him and motioned in a way that would be deemed as violent conduct , hence the fact he was sent off... The 4th official seen the incident and correctly suggested to the ref that Lyle should be sent off...

Left by mutual consent!
    So... How did Harris get on then?

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Learn the rules before posting?

It was a silly wee coming together. If you go by the letter of the law you could say that Tavernier raised his hands. Then there was the silly wee heads together thing they did (and you see a lot of) - whilst I would say that you could make an argument that Lyle motioned his head more than the other guy (and yes, I know the rules) it is mental to suggest that one player out of that is deserving of a red card.

The officials got it totally wrong and ruined the game imo.
    Here is that quote again, i see it more and more whenever a player is sent off. I have never thought a sending off has ever ruined the game, and i'd love to see us play 10 men every week even better if it was 9.

Quote Originally Posted by BOB MARLEYS DUG View Post
    Pretty anonymous, but then the whole QoTS team were following the sending off!

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Here is that quote again, i see it more and more whenever a player is sent off. I have never thought a sending off has ever ruined the game, and i'd love to see us play 10 men every week even better if it was 9.
    And I'm sure it didn't ruin it for the The Rangers fans today.

I suppose it would be stretching it to call me a neutral today but it was game over when he was sent off, killed it as a spectacle and it was then inevitable that The Rangers would run in a few goals. It had been quite interesting up to that point and the decision of the Queens player to square it when clean through was as bad as the referee's decision to send the player off. It could have been a very different outcome if these 2 incidents either side of half-time hadn't gone the way they did.

I think I know what you mean though - the referee is there to enforce the rules, not ensure it is a good spectacle for the neutrals. My main bugbear is when "pundits" praise them for keeping their cards in their pocket. If it's a booking then it's a booking regardless what stage in the game it is. If that means lots of players get sent off later then so be it.

I could have switched off at that point today though because watching The Rangers run in lots of goals is never my idea of entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by BOB MARLEYS DUG View Post
    Didn't do a lot. One shot the keeper saved comfortably and he blasted over the stand from. 12 yards when he should have done better.

Tough game for him to shine but if he wasn't our player he didn't do anything today that would have folk screaming for us to sign him.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    And I'm sure it didn't ruin it for the The Rangers fans today.

I suppose it would be stretching it to call me a neutral today but it was game over when he was sent off, killed it as a spectacle and it was then inevitable that The Rangers would run in a few goals. It had been quite interesting up to that point and the decision of the Queens player to square it when clean through was as bad as the referee's decision to send the player off. It could have been a very different outcome if these 2 incidents either side of half-time hadn't gone the way they did.

I think I know what you mean though - the referee is there to enforce the rules, not ensure it is a good spectacle for the neutrals. My main bugbear is when "pundits" praise them for keeping their cards in their pocket. If it's a booking then it's a booking regardless what stage in the game it is. If that means lots of players get sent off later then so be it.

I could have switched off at that point today though because watching The Rangers run in lots of goals is never my idea of entertainment.

Just don't watch them, i never even knew they were playing until i saw the thread on here.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    try and keep up Blackpool. even big teams train, as if they will end up with 10 men. wee teams going to castle greyskull should expect it

Gather the scenario with Harris is to see what he makes of this season with QofS and based on that his future will be decided in May
    It seems the ER backroom staff were looking for him to become more of an " impact player" and up to now this hasn't happened .
    Also heard that Dundee made no offer for him at the end of his loan spell
    Pity for the lad as I personally thought he would make it !!

Quote Originally Posted by jdships View Post
    Gather the scenario with Harris is to see what he makes of this season with QofS and based on that his future will be decided in May
    It seems the ER backroom staff were looking for him to become more of an " impact player" and up to now this hasn't happened .
    Also heard that Dundee made no offer for him at the end of his loan spell
    Pity for the lad as I personally thought he would make it !!

Harris is like Stanton and Handling, at their age they should be 1st team regulars in this league and they're nowhere near starters, they all have long contracts so we can't afford to pay them off.