hibs.net Messageboard

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304

Reading and Leeds

Some excellent sets and some really quite insipid sets so far this year.

I like Mumford and Sons but I was quickly bored watching them yesterday. Metallica were phenomenal last night but Bring Me The Horizon's new sound and over-reliance on their anthemic material resulted in a set that felt quite flat for me. They have such an odd demographic of fan these days from when I started following them! Circle pits filled with teenage girls in high-heels, most of whom seemed horrified when they played the one song that pre-dates "There is a Hell...".

My personal highlight so far was Alexisonfire's successful re-union gig. I was disappointed when they first separated but it sounded like they'd never been away yesterday. Great crowd reaction too and far too far down the bill for me!

Glad I'm not around for today as it's mostly an indie-day with The Libertines closing it out (ha!).

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: calhill19
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Some excellent sets and some really quite insipid sets so far this year.

I like Mumford and Sons but I was quickly bored watching them yesterday. Metallica were phenomenal last night but Bring Me The Horizon's new sound and over-reliance on their anthemic material resulted in a set that felt quite flat for me. They have such an odd demographic of fan these days from when I started following them! Circle pits filled with teenage girls in high-heels, most of whom seemed horrified when they played the one song that pre-dates "There is a Hell...".

My personal highlight so far was Alexisonfire's successful re-union gig. I was disappointed when they first separated but it sounded like they'd never been away yesterday. Great crowd reaction too and far too far down the bill for me!

Glad I'm not around for today as it's mostly an indie-day with The Libertines closing it out (ha!).
    I've not seen them all yet but the highlights so far from BMTH seemed pretty good. Going to watch the full set when I get in.

The line up was alright this year, some great acts but as you say, too many softer acts too.

Alexisonfire used to be one of my favourite bands but I stopped listening to them a couple years ago. Dogs Blood was a hefty tune though, from their final EP I think?

Did you get the chance to see The One Hundred? Cannot recommend or rave about this band enough! Similarities to Enter Shikari but more of a grime feel to it.

First Team Breakthrough Pat 0-7's Avatar
    I took my son and his mate down to Leeds on the Sunday, one day ticket, as my son wanted to see Metallica. Drove down and back so it was a long day (car park at the end was ridiculous!!). Saw a couple of songs from The One Hundred, was impressed, enjoyed Slaves, Radkey, young grungey band on the Introducing stage called Crosa Rosa, Pretty Vicious and Marmozets were good, Baby Metal were bizarre but I enjoyed them! Metallica were impressive as well.

I was disappointed with some of the 'next big thing' indie bands like Catfish, Circa Waves and Wolf Alice, but admittedly I only saw a couple of songs from each. Royal Blood on the main stage were just ok. And the crowd at Lethal Bizzle was mental - I lasted one song......... .....too old......