hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Giant Hibernian Season Ticket Billboard on Leith Walk (Croall Place/Shrubhill)

Very pleased on my commute up the Walk today to see a giant, 50ft advert promoting our club and our season ticket in the main thoroughfare of our club's fan base. Been saying for years that this is what the club needs to do - to get our name out there and promote ourselves on the biggest scale possible in the city, and especially on 'our' side of town.

Couldn't get a photo, but if anyone's in Leith, have a wee deek!

Well done Leann & everyone at Hibs who're taking simple, yet very effective steps to get our club back to where it belongs

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: n/A
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFamous1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Very pleased on my commute up the Walk today to see a giant, 50ft advert promoting our club and our season ticket in the main thoroughfare of our club's fan base. Been saying for years that this is what the club needs to do - to get our name out there and promote ourselves on the biggest scale possible in the city, and especially on 'our' side of town.

Couldn't get a photo, but if anyone's in Leith, have a wee deek!

Well done Leann & everyone at Hibs who're taking simple, yet very effective steps to get our club back to where it belongs
    Bump! I want a pic!

Would love to see a pic if anyone can grab it. I drive past the electronic one on Calder Road every day and it would be great if we had that one too.

@hibs.net private member
    Great news, pic?

reigning hibs.net poker champion Wembley67's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Happyhibs62
    I half agree, great promoting our club but we should be doing it outwith our catchment area more. It's fantastic yes as its a start and I'm sure more will come!

Without trying to sound 'whatever' I think both Edinburgh clubs are in very sound hands in the future and I'm looking forward to it....
    "You opened the box....and your soul belongs to me...."

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    I think it's a great idea and actually think the location is spot on. We are far more likely to engage with people on our doorstep than we are those further afield.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I think it's a great idea and actually think the location is spot on. We are far more likely to engage with people on our doorstep than we are those further afield.
    Sorry, disagree. Everyone that stays around here will be caught up in the buzz already with friends and whatnot, its great for putting a stamp but not going to recruit many more fans I don't think.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wembley67 View Post
    Sorry, disagree. Everyone that stays around here will be caught up in the buzz already with friends and whatnot, its great for putting a stamp but not going to recruit many more fans I don't think.
    But in the past folks could ask are the club doing enough? Well it looks like they are pulling out all the stops on this one.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalmeiras View Post
    But in the past folks could ask are the club doing enough? Well it looks like they are pulling out all the stops on this one.
    Certainly not having a go at the club that's for sure :-)

Still no pic 😞

Off topic but bought my nephew his first ever season ticket today, girl on phone couldn't have been more helpful😄

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Hibby View Post
    Still no pic 
    Hibs have put one up on Twitter:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CLtx5N2WoAAfbe1.jpg:large

Looks good - would be great to see more adverts around the city - though can imagine quite expensive.

Think the club should be doing some promotional work in the centre of the city - so many tourists about they should use the festival to give out tickets / scarves etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Wembley67 View Post
    That may have been true once upon a time, but there are lots of people living in Leith now that don't have that connection and we need to find a way of attracting them and the generations that will come after them.

Also delighted to see the Club using this billboard as there was, until recently a Celtc advert on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Future17 View Post
    That may have been true once upon a time, but there are lots of people living in Leith now that don't have that connection and we need to find a way of attracting them and the generations that will come after them.

Also delighted to see the Club using this billboard as there was, until recently a Celtc advert on it.

I agree , it is now more realistic to say the majority of the community of east Edinburgh/east lothian have no ties to hibs . and its great to see the club put itself out there

Blog Entries
    Slightly off topic but I lived on Leith Walk, between Iona & Dalmeny streets many moons ago. There was a newsagent, a die-hard Hibby, on the opposite side who always amended the football billboards produced by the News & Dispatch. it was great fun evey day or so looking to see what he had produced. My fav was "Double Blow For Hearts' Fans" to which he had added, "Next 2 Games At Home"! If our new billboard gets half the attention this guy's mini boards did all these years ago it will have been money well spent.

Well done Hibs. Maybe another one on Sir Harry Lauder Rd or at the Fort would help. And what about match day puster in pubs and outside newsagents etc. Seen them in Berwick and thought they looked good.

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    Wonder if there is a thread on kickback slagging it yet. Only a wee team would advertise blah blah blah

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    Well done Hibs. Maybe another one on Sir Harry Lauder Rd or at the Fort would help. And what about match day puster in pubs and outside newsagents etc. Seen them in Berwick and thought they looked good.
    A poster in the ticket office window advertising our next game wouldn't go amiss. Come to think of it a sign that says Hibernian Ticket Office on the building wouldn't be out of place either.

I will quit before Jack gets here and starts on the "crest on the west".

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kaimendhibs View Post
    Off topic but bought my nephew his first ever season ticket today, girl on phone couldn't have been more helpful
    Well done M

Looks excellent. Is it hibs constantly on loop or is the advertising space shared with other things? Will hopefully be passing later for a look

Quote Originally Posted by adhibs View Post
    Looks excellent. Is it hibs constantly on loop or is the advertising space shared with other things? Will hopefully be passing later for a look
    It's shared advertising space along with a few other companies - none of which I can remember

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    A poster in the ticket office window advertising our next game wouldn't go amiss. Come to think of it a sign that says Hibernian Ticket Office on the building wouldn't be out of place either.

I will quit before Jack gets here and starts on the "crest on the west".
    Very good point about lack of signage around ticket office !!

Also been saying for years we should get branding on the outside of stadium for fans driving past / views from Arthur seat etc!! I know these things cost money but would add so much to the stadium.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Excellent. Advertising is about raising brand awareness and this does the trick. One at the billboard at Seafield would be good. Loads of traffic along their every day.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

First Team Breakthrough MCameron's Avatar
    Slightly off topic but I've always thought a way to increase our fan base. Is to give away hundreds of tickets to different schools every week for the games we know won't sell out. Give the Kids a parent and child pass and get them interested in us early. Think this needs to be a long term approach but if nothing else they'll probably buy a programme, perhaps some food and some of the. Will be hooked and will want to come back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MCameron View Post
    Slightly off topic but I've always thought a way to increase our fan base. Is to give away hundreds of tickets to different schools every week for the games we know won't sell out. Give the Kids a parent and child pass and get them interested in us early. Think this needs to be a long term approach but if nothing else they'll probably buy a programme, perhaps some food and some of the. Will be hooked and will want to come back.

Think we do this, Pathead is your man to explain what we do in this area

First Team Breakthrough MCameron's Avatar
    Thought we did this from tint to time but not sure it's every week and how many we supply. I'd rather see a stadium full and kids from schools around Edinburgh and east lothian being given free tickets on a rotation. Maybe there are limits that apply? Just my thoughts.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MCameron View Post
    Thought we did this from tint to time but not sure it's every week and how many we supply. I'd rather see a stadium full and kids from schools around Edinburgh and east lothian being given free tickets on a rotation. Maybe there are limits that apply? Just my thoughts.

Think we do it for most league games, or we did last season

Well done Hibs on this. Hopefully persuade a few more to sign up.

While I agree that bringing back lapsed supporters is the priority, do we do enough to encourage others to come along?

There are thousands of tourists around Edinburgh for the next month. Is it worth having someone handing out flyers? Surely make the money back by selling a few tickets.

Do we reach out to the Polish community? Perhaps open a line of communication with the group that bring the Polish Hibs flag?

I know we have student concessions, but do we still advertise in Snapfax or the like?

Just a few suggestions, I'd love to see the place rocking again.