hibs.net Messageboard

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why are folk comparing him with Cummings out of interest? I'd play them both! I'm not saying Cummings isn't better or is worse I'm just saying Keatings is a very good striker who works hard and runs the channels well.
    I'm comparing them because I think it's unfair that Cummings is getting criticised and Keatings is the answer when in reality he's just the same but with less goals.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    We were screaming out for someone who could take a shot from distance, because Stranraer where just packing out the box whenever we got into their half.

I thought Stanton should have come on for Henderson after about 70 minutes, he would have had loads of time and space.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by 500miles View Post
    We were screaming out for someone who could take a shot from distance, because Stranraer where just packing out the box whenever we got into their half.

I thought Stanton should have come on for Henderson after about 70 minutes, he would have had loads of time and space.

Missed that last season as well. Another thing Hearts had last season - when teams come and sit in you need to draw them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    I'm comparing them because I think it's unfair that Cummings is getting criticised and Keatings is the answer when in reality he's just the same but with less goals.
    I wasn't criticising Cummings? He's our best striker by a mile and I think he should be playing every week! Keatings along side him I think we would score goals. But we need others to create chances and chip in too.

@hibs.net private member
    I wasn't criticising Cummings? He's our best striker by a mile and I think he should be playing every week! Keatings along side him I think we would score goals. But we need others to create chances and chip in too.
    I didn't mean to imply you were - just a general point about some posts I've read on here.

@hibs.net private member
    Ah right fair enough 

Yeah I think it's very important they do! Keatings will run where Malonga doesn't chase. I like Dom but I'd prefer Cummings and Keatings.

i think the both of them together will give us a more dynamic front two, it could make a big difference. Dom could be the best of the bunch, but it's down to application - and if he had it at a top consistent level - he would be playing higher level than us. He doesn't have the work rate and consistency that we need. it's as if he doesn't quite "care" enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    I didn't mean to imply you were - just a general point about some posts I've read on here.
    Ah right I see. No worries! 👍🏼

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    i think the both of them together will give us a more dynamic front two, it could make a big difference. Dom could be the best of the bunch, but it's down to application - and if he had it at a top consistent level - he would be playing higher level than us. He doesn't have the work rate and consistency that we need. it's as if he doesn't quite "care" enough.
    Yeah his work rate lets him down. Great finisher but sometimes he just drifts out a game and lets loose balls go out when others would chase them down.

@hibs.net private member
    Yeah his work rate lets him down. Great finisher but sometimes he just drifts out a game and lets loose balls go out when others would chase them down.
    Malongas our best striker for me, when he can be bothered which is he problem. Cummings scores the scrappy goals and has a knack for being in the right place at the right time which is great for a striker but he contributes little to the game, however he's getting better and learning.

Cant judge Keatings and farid is never going to be fit for a full season. We need a consistent performer up front.

A win's a win and that's the most important thing, particularly in a cup game but we really need to adapt to cope with playing against teams who sit in and defend for 90 mins.

With the exception of Sevco, every team we play this season will adopt this tactic against us and we need to find a way to overcome it.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matty_Jack04 View Post
    Fyvie mcgeoch only midfielders from last year mcgeoch hasn't played a game since he left us in the summer
    And the rest of the team? 3 new players in total shouldn't need 4,5,6 games to gel.

Coaching Staff
    In the hat for the next round that is the main thing - Oxley made a terrific stop, fair play after my criticism.

Hamilton, Dundee and Partick all bowing out to lower league opposition - Hearts and 'Well needing extra time.

Wee bit of perspective required in cup ties at times - it's their finals and they raise their game. That said I want Hibs to have more pace and urgency for longer periods, not 10 minutes here and there. The game management needs to be far far better. Try and win games in 60 minutes, which means hard hard work in the first 45 to build a lead. We are far too quick to get into a possession game rather than a direct game in the first 20 minutes. Early goals change the whole dynamic of a game and we need to be far more direct in the opening quarter for me. Our mental side to a game is still fragile - building early leads will change that.

For a 10 minute spell after the goal we moved the ball quickly and well and you could see the difference it made, we looked much, much more affective and for a minute the 'crowd' got into it. Unfortunately we need to play like that for 70 minutes, not 10.

For the most part we were too slow and ponderous, no guile on show to make chances and no shots from outside the box. We made it far too easy for Stranraer to get organized at the back.

WTF is wrong with 442? ....... You don't need fancy formations against 10 men behind the ball.

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Dave1875
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    And the rest of the team? 3 new players in total shouldn't need 4,5,6 games to gel.
    Henderson
    McGinn
    Keatings
    Carmichael
    Bartley
    Reguero
    McGregor

It's not just the gelling mate we've got too many players either coming back from injury or just not up to match fitness, McGinn Henderson mcgeoch Boyle keatings all barely kicked a ball since last season

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    ****ing dreadful stuff last night, Stubbs needs to give himself a good ****ingshake, keep playing like that and we might not make the play off's this season.

Just so ****ingwoeful from that team.

Freekicks and throw in's, get it ****ingsorted FFS.

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    ****ing dreadful stuff last night, Stubbs needs to give himself a good ****ingshake, keep playing like that and we might not make the play off's this season.

So you weren't impressed, SH ;)

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: nervous_pee
    It was frustrating stuff, but i think any team should be given the time to build momentum, thats so important.

at the moment we can almost see there's a cracking team in there somewhere

for me its a confidence thing with them, which manifests itself in slow, pedestrian play with a lack of pace or urgency.

by hook or by crook if we can get a few wins i think this team will really take off and we'll see some quality football...

...in the meantime hold on to your hats!!

@hibs.net private member H18S NX's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post

..I take it you were rather underwhelmed then SH.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheBull1875
    As an aside, never seen so much west coast bias by a referee. Some shocking decisions!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    In the hat for the next round that is the main thing - Oxley made a terrific stop, fair play after my criticism.

Hamilton, Dundee and Partick all bowing out to lower league opposition - Hearts and 'Well needing extra time.

Wee bit of perspective required in cup ties at times - it's their finals and they raise their game. That said I want Hibs to have more pace and urgency for longer periods, not 10 minutes here and there. The game management needs to be far far better. Try and win games in 60 minutes, which means hard hard work in the first 45 to build a lead. We are far too quick to get into a possession game rather than a direct game in the first 20 minutes. Early goals change the whole dynamic of a game and we need to be far more direct in the opening quarter for me. Our mental side to a game is still fragile - building early leads will change that.
    I think the people criticising do have perspective. They were not looking at this one game in isolation, they were looking at how things have been so far this season and the issues we had last season. The tactics were strange, we should have had more attacking players on the pitch from the start.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    I wish we'd lost now, all this moaning is spoiled by the fact we won the game.

We won, and have a nice home tie to look forward to. 3 SPL teams went out, whilst 2 won AET. A win is a win......Cup is all about getting through
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull