hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by grunt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That looks like a free kick?
    No way did he mean to handle it.. Position of hand and any other rule dreamt up by Alan shearer and co doesn't come in to it. No way was it intentional

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough portyhibernian's Avatar
    Wasn't a free kick IMO, and it was well struck. Oxley might have done better but give him the benefit of the doubt on this one. It is a bit concerning how often shots seem to go over him though.

Testimonial Due Booked4Being-Ugly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grunt View Post
    That looks like a free kick?
    No it doesn't - the Kenny Miller freakshow blasted the ball straight at him with a *****y cross/shot whatever the **** it was.

Terrible decision by the ref who had a good game in the 1st half and lost the plot in the 2nd.

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    That's a still which makes it look like the ball is striking the hand. It isn't. The ball still has a bit to go and Dylan's hand is moving backwards. Ball does not strike the hand. Crowd shout and ref gives. Twas ever thus in Glasgow. Ref cannot have see that.

Reading through posts on this forum it's like 50% of posters blame Oxley for the goal (leaving aside whether it was a free kick in the first place, but nobody should be in the least bit surprised it was given, soft or otherwise. Was it really deliberate hand ball?) and the other 50% say he had no chance because the free kick was so good.

The thing I find disappointing is that the goalkeeper has now been beaten twice from free kicks by the same player in the space of a few weeks. It must surely have crossed Oxley's mind that Tavernier would go for a shot at goal again, and anticipate accordingly. Surely?

He was also beaten direct from a free kick at Dumbarton. That's three times already this season. I would bet that's not happened to many other clubs this season (if any). Were they all unsaveable? Or is there something wrong with the defensive wall too?
    Last edited by emerald green; 23-08-2015 at 07:14 PM.

I don't think Oxley should be getting beat from that kind of angle. No way.

But I don't solely bame him for losing. Our finishing was shocking yet again.

Shocking decision to give free kick. Oxley has lost too many similar goals. Had a couple of good saves Today and a scary moment in first half with back pass.

We need to start scoring goals.....
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Booked4Being-Ugly View Post
    No it doesn't - the Kenny Miller freakshow blasted the ball straight at him with a *****y cross/shot whatever the **** it was.

Terrible decision by the ref who had a good game in the 1st half and lost the plot in the 2nd.
    Can;t agree with that. He should have booked 2 or 3 The Rangers players in the first half but only booked our player. As for the linesman at our end........

@hibs.net private member Libby Hibby's Avatar
    Accidental handball, is that not an indirect free kick?

Some hit by the lad to score but should it of been allowed?

@hibs.net private member Benny Brazil's Avatar
    Shocking decision to give a free kick - I haven't seen a replay of it yet - but it didn't look like it even hit his arm - even if it did then is the ruling no that it has to be intentional handball?
    From then on I have to say it was a great strike - it dipped and hit the bar then went in - I doubt many keepers would have save it so no blame on Oxley for me.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: torto7062
    Ffs I've just seen the phantom handball...for me it looks like it's hit his thigh......
    Some strike though maybe a bit harsh on The Ox for letting it in but if that had been a Hibs player we woulda been bragging about that goal

Quote Originally Posted by PISTOL1875 View Post
    yeh we can all moan about the awarding of the free kick but ONCE AGAIN we fail to convert chances.. The awarding of the free kick was poor but you can't blame the ref because we cannot convert chances...
    this. three glorious chances missed and that's why we got beat

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by O'Rourke3 View Post
    That's a still which makes it look like the ball is striking the hand. It isn't. The ball still has a bit to go and Dylan's hand is moving backwards. Ball does not strike the hand. Crowd shout and ref gives. Twas ever thus in Glasgow. Ref cannot have see that.
    The ball did hit his hand. It wasn't a free kick though.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    The ball did hit his hand. It wasn't a free kick though.
    Don't understand why so many folk on here are insistent it wasn't handball - it clearly was. Never deliberate or a free kick though - as you say.

Poor free .. poor keeper

Can someone tell me why it was a classed as a direct free kick? Dylan stopped the cross with hand, deliberate or not a free kick can be given but surely an in direct one...hence, goal should not of stood imo

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Libby Hibby View Post
    Can someone tell me why it was a classed as a direct free kick? Dylan stopped the cross with hand, deliberate or not a free kick can be given but surely an in direct one...hence, goal should not of stood imo
    Handball is never indirect. Appalling decision. Not even sure it hit his hand seemed to strike his thigh.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Handball is never indirect. Appalling decision. Not even sure it hit his hand seemed to strike his thigh.
    It is if the keeper handles it outside the box...but I stand corrected on handball against a player and the restart is always a direct free kick or a penalty however, the stipulations to determine if it is deemed a
    Hand ball or not clearly did not happen in the Dylan situation...shambles of a decision

Left by mutual consent!
    Teams have identified the weak point in our goalie. He can't save long range shots

His arm was by his side,never a foul in any other stadium in Scotland.
    As for oxley it was a good strike and maybe he wasn't expecting the shot,I never expected it

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Libby Hibby View Post
    It is if the keeper handles it outside the box..but I stand corrected on handball against a player and the restart is always a direct free kick or a penalty however, the stipulations to determine if it is deemed a
    Hand ball or not clearly did not happen in the Dylan situation...shambles of a decision
    Not true.

Quote Originally Posted by leggeto View Post
    His arm was by his side,never a foul in any other stadium in Scotland.
    As for oxley it was a good strike and maybe he wasn't expecting the shot,I never expected it
    Are you professional goal keeper? No! Then it is acceptable you did expect a shot Ox on the other hand As said before am not blaming him but lots of keepers would have saved that. Up to that point he had a great game.

Given the fact Oxley faced the same player in the 2-6 defeat at ER and he got a free kick in practically the same position I would have expected Oxley to be on his toes for this, time for a change in goals. Henderson's misses in front of goals atrocious.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by edwards View Post
    Given the fact Oxley faced the same player in the 2-6 defeat at ER and he got a free kick in practically the same position I would have expected Oxley to be on his toes for this, time for a change in goals. Henderson's misses in front of goals atrocious.
    Nowhere near being "in practically the same position" as the free kick in the 2-6 game

Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    Nowhere near being "in practically the same position" as the free kick in the 2-6 game
    Mmmmm I did say practically .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o17_D7UOyoQ

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by edwards View Post
    Mmmmm I did say practically .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o17_D7UOyoQ
    No even close to being from the same position

Henderson's miss was as bad as Oxleys non save. Two terrible pieces of play within 2 minutes that cost us the match.

Quote Originally Posted by CB_NO3 View Post
    Henderson's miss was as bad as Oxleys non save. Two terrible pieces of play within 2 minutes that cost us the match.
    A bit harsh.

You're spot on that it was those 2 minutes that decided the match.

Cummings' pass to Henderson could have been weighted and angled better and I thought that the referee was the villain of the piece when it came to the free-kick and not Oxley. It was a cracking effort.

Irrelevant if Ox could have saved it. It wasn't a howler by any means and it's not like it was straight through his legs or something.

It was a well struck free kick and there may be an argument that he could have got it but not that he should have got it.

He kept us in the game with at least 2 fantastic saves. It was our poor finishing that cost us.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by emerald green View Post
    Reading through posts on this forum it's like 50% of posters blame Oxley for the goal (leaving aside whether it was a free kick in the first place, but nobody should be in the least bit surprised it was given, soft or otherwise. Was it really deliberate hand ball?) and the other 50% say he had no chance because the free kick was so good.

The thing I find disappointing is that the goalkeeper has now been beaten twice from free kicks by the same player in the space of a few weeks. It must surely have crossed Oxley's mind that Tavernier would go for a shot at goal again, and anticipate accordingly. Surely?

He was also beaten direct from a free kick at Dumbarton. That's three times already this season. I would bet that's not happened to many other clubs this season (if any). Were they all unsaveable? Or is there something wrong with the defensive wall too?
    Sorry bud but no blame can be put at Oxley's door for that freak free kick (still in two minds if he meant it), not many keepers would have got anywhere near it, if he meant it then it was a top class shot.