hibs.net Messageboard

Hibby tradesman in Prestonpans

I don't know if anyone will know this but I was on my way home tonight from work on the M9 stretch between Stirling and Falkirk and I passed a van which had a company logo which was obviously meant to be like the current Hibs badge. It was green with white writing, the 1875 on the badge was replaced with the numbers which are obviously for the year company was founded and the harp, ship and castle were replaced with tools that they use in their trade. The "Edinburgh" was replaced by "Prestonpans" and the "Hibernian" was replaced by the name of the company. I can't for the life of me remember what the company name was called though.

Can anyone shed any light on this as it was quite a smart design? Until I got up close to the van, I actually thought it was a Hibs minibus!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    J e mcdonald builders iirc. Surprised they've never been hit with a cease and desist order by iron rod tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Mr White View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    J e mcdonald builders iirc. Surprised they've never been hit with a cease and desist order by iron rod tbh
    That might have been it actually.

I agree, it's clearly meant to be a copy of the Hibs badge, so I am a bit surprised that the club hasn't challenged it if they are aware of the company that is. Although I think it would be a great logo to have as your company logo, if you're a Hibs fan!

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post
    That might have been it actually.

I agree, it's clearly meant to be a copy of the Hibs badge, so I am a bit surprised that the club hasn't challenged it if they are aware of the company that is. Although I think it would be a great logo to have as your company logo, if you're a Hibs fan!

they'll be aware of it now though, i'm sure LD peruses the forum often don't think the owner of the van will be too chuffed though

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    they'll be aware of it now though, i'm sure LD peruses the forum often don't think the owner of the van will be too chuffed though
    I thought it was quite smart!

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    The guy has had the logo on his van for years.

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Iainhfc PSN ID: Iainhfc
    Seen it in boness before well cool van

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    I've seen it a few times. There was a similar one in a suburb of Auckland when we were in NZ 5 years ago which I was surprised when we saw.