hibs.net Messageboard

Grass Roots Football

Apologies if posted elsewhere or on wrong part

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33880772

Interesting article on the amount of money the FA will be pumping into Grassroots football in England over the next four years......the guy who promotes GR football is saying it's not enough.

If anyone is involved with amatuer football up here can relate to a fraction of these sums used correctly would make a vast improvement on the pitches/facilities.

Edinburgh has the poorest pitches for amatuer use out of anywhere I have ever been to. Edinburgh leisure just do not care.

Trying to get facilties for pre season Friendlies have been difficult. The gyle pitches are only just getting goals posts & lined 2moro..........the 13th August ffs. It's revenue for the council.

Probably best Edinburgh council or the SFA don't get a cash injection as they will waste it no doubt.

2. Log in to remove the advert

I help my local amateur side out and we doubt we will see a penny. Doubt any team in our league will either.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by Gus View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Apologies if posted elsewhere or on wrong part

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33880772

Interesting article on the amount of money the FA will be pumping into Grassroots football in England over the next four years......the guy who promotes GR football is saying it's not enough.

If anyone is involved with amatuer football up here can relate to a fraction of these sums used correctly would make a vast improvement on the pitches/facilities.

Edinburgh has the poorest pitches for amatuer use out of anywhere I have ever been to. Edinburgh leisure just do not care.

Trying to get facilties for pre season Friendlies have been difficult. The gyle pitches are only just getting goals posts & lined 2moro..........the 13th August ffs. It's revenue for the council.

Probably best Edinburgh council or the SFA don't get a cash injection as they will waste it no doubt.
    We were meant to use Roseburn this season as our home pitch, but Edinburgh Leisure have put a stop to that, so we're playing at the Gyle. I'm told Edinburgh Leisure have withdrawn the use of a few pitches for this season, in a cost cutting exercise. So from X amount of **** pitches in Edinburgh, we'll now have the same number of matches to be played on less pitches, meaning the condition of those pitches will no doubt become even worse.