hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mighty Monarchs

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can only compare Craig Cook to Les Collins from the time I used to go all the time to Powderhall and numerous away meetings and would imagine that John Campbell will do everything in his power to ensure Cook is there next season. The only problem is Les was approaching the end of his career having reached the heady heights of World No.2 and Cookie is just setting out relatively speaking.
    It's possible Cookie will still be with us - from what he said on Saturday evening nothing's been decided yet. If we keep him (and I really hope we do), we'll have to lose someone else, almost certainly one of Sammy, Kevin, or Sedge.

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Doddie - see in the old Powderhall days when I went (Bobby Beaton then Les Collins days) did Glasgow race on a Friday as well?

I was sure they raced on the same night?
    I think they did. The thing is, the rule states that you can't have 2 Premier League teams racing on the sme night if their tracks are closer to one another than 30 miles. Meadowbank and Powderhall were OK - Armadale is less than 30 miles from Ashfield.

As far as I'm concerned, the proposal to move the Tigers' meetings to Friday evening is an attempt to draw neutrals and 'occasional' fans away from Monarchs. Tigers' new owners have put a lot of money into the club this year and want a return for their investment.

Weegie OF Syndrome, IMO, and not wanted in speedway. Some of the Glasgow fans close to us on Saturday night were aggressive and very unpleasant to be near. I know it was a derby and a very big one, but it's not usual and not needed.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Doddie View Post
    It's possible Cookie will still be with us - from what he said on Saturday evening nothing's been decided yet. If we keep him (and I really hope we do), we'll have to lose someone else, almost certainly one of Sammy, Kevin, or Sedge.

I think they did. The thing is, the rule states that you can't have 2 Premier League teams racing on the sme night if their tracks are closer to one another than 30 miles. Meadowbank and Powderhall were OK - Armadale is less than 30 miles from Ashfield.

As far as I'm concerned, the proposal to move the Tigers' meetings to Friday evening is an attempt to draw neutrals and 'occasional' fans away from Monarchs. Tigers' new owners have put a lot of money into the club this year and want a return for their investment.

Weegie OF Syndrome, IMO, and not wanted in speedway. Some of the Glasgow fans close to us on Saturday night were aggressive and very unpleasant to be near. I know it was a derby and a very big one, but it's not usual and not needed.

Makes sense about the 30 miles. Thought I was going daft.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Makes sense about the 30 miles. Thought I was going daft.
    Nah - when Monarchs were at Meadowbank or Powderhall, there was no problem, But Armadale's a lot closer to Weegieville, and the tone of the letter that was going around was more or less that the rules might say one thing but since it was Glasgow asking those rules should be thrown out the window ....

Watched the Aussie GP today - very pleased to see Greg Hancock winning 5 out of 5 heats, the semi and the final.

Nice guy, Hancock and a phenomenal rider. 45 years old, and still spanking the young ones.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post

Yeah. Not happy about it, but that's life, I guess.