hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Butcher watch

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar

Butcher watch

In order to deflect some attention from our own inept display at the weekend I did notice that our ex manager guided Newport to a 3-0 thumping defeat on the opening day of the season.

Nice start Terry and its clear your magic is working.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by KeithTheHibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In order to deflect some attention from our own inept display at the weekend I did notice that our ex manager guided Newport to a 3-0 thumping defeat on the opening day of the season.

Nice start Terry and its clear your magic is working.
    Goal two was about the worst goal ever conceded by a football team not called Hibs.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    This result is a perfect example of how the tactic of losing a goal first to get it out of the way doesn't work. I was surprised that Tel hadn't given up on that one by now.

The opposition will eventually get to know that's one from his impressive armoury of footballing strategies.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Really enjoyed these brief highlights. First time I've ever got excited watching League 2 in England. Hopefully lots more of the same to come.

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    Feel the Love

Would butchers hibs team beat a part time dumbarton though...

Quote Originally Posted by bill the hibby View Post
    Would butchers hibs team beat a part time dumbarton though...
    You joke.... But some of the comments on here makes me think people would rather watch murder journeymen with work rate than players with genuine skill and ability

Quote Originally Posted by liamh2202 View Post
    You joke.... But some of the comments on here makes me think people would rather watch murder journeymen with work rate than players with genuine skill and ability

Passing the ball back and forward aimlessly for long periods without getting anywhere can be just as murder to watch as hoofing the ball forward and hoping for the best. And to be fair to Butcher, he built Inverness into the successful side they've been for a few years on a smaller budget than Stubbs is getting with Hibs (and that's not counting the multiple coaches, technical this and that's and so on Stubbs has brought in).

Yes, Butcher ****ed Hibs up (although Hughes, Fenlon, Calderwood and Collins all helped send us in that direction), but with a clean slate and a new team, who's to say he couldn't have gotten Hibs up in one go like he did with Inverness, even if the football WAS murder?

Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    Really enjoyed these brief highlights. First time I've ever got excited watching League 2 in England. Hopefully lots more of the same to come.
    What made it even sweeter is that cambridge are my English team

Quote Originally Posted by sesoim View Post
    Passing the ball back and forward aimlessly for long periods without getting anywhere can be just as murder to watch as hoofing the ball forward and hoping for the best. And to be fair to Butcher, he built Inverness into the successful side they've been for a few years on a smaller budget than Stubbs is getting with Hibs (and that's not counting the multiple coaches, technical this and that's and so on Stubbs has brought in).

Yes, Butcher ****ed Hibs up (although Hughes, Fenlon, Calderwood and Collins all helped send us in that direction), but with a clean slate and a new team, who's to say he couldn't have gotten Hibs up in one go like he did with Inverness, even if the football WAS murder?
    I'm of the belief that the only place he was taking us was down, furher than he did.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    We're in the Championship because of that ****, and I pity Newport. Nobody deserves to have such incompetence thrust upon them.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

....with a clean slate and a new team, who's to say he couldn't have gotten Hibs up in one go like he did with Inverness, even if the football WAS murder?
    We'll never know as he was one of the worst managers we've ever had.

Is nobody else going to make the obvious "Apparently Mickey Mouse wears a….." gag?

Passing the ball back and forward aimlessly for long periods without getting anywhere can be just as murder to watch as hoofing the ball forward and hoping for the best. And to be fair to Butcher, he built Inverness into the successful side they've been for a few years on a smaller budget than Stubbs is getting with Hibs (and that's not counting the multiple coaches, technical this and that's and so on Stubbs has brought in). .

I would say he wouldn't have because he is a horrific imposter of a football manager and by all accounts him and his back room staff are just thuggish dinosaurs

Our tel, the arse who relegated us and was somehow made part of the scotland set up
    Attached Images Attached Images

First Team Breakthrough hailhail22's Avatar
    I saw butcher had started a "together we can be stronger" campaign the other week, did he not try and do the similar thing when he was here ?

Quote Originally Posted by hailhail22 View Post
    I saw butcher had started a "together we can be stronger" campaign the other week, did he not try and do the similar thing when he was here ?
    Yea I think you could be right...not long before his assistant was shouting abuse at fans in the stand 😂

#tbnca

Where can I watch these highlights?

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1van Sprou7e View Post
    Where can I watch these highlights?
    In here somewhere. Nearer the end than the beginning http://www.channel5.com/shows/footba.../episode-1-796

Little off-topic, but does anyone anyone know what the 'special celebration' was that Butcher had planned if we survived relegation?

Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    In here somewhere. Nearer the end than the beginning http://www.channel5.com/shows/footba.../episode-1-796

Cheers pal, starts at 50:38 for anyone else wondering

Also that second goal is very unfortunate but ****ing hilarious

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    The good news about being humped 3-0 on your debut is it takes away the fear of being humped 3-0 on your debut.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

I wonder how long it will take for the chancer Butcher to get found out this time?

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    The good news about being humped 3-0 on your debut is it takes away the fear of being humped 3-0 on your debut.
    Eventually you get used to it.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Newport 1-0 up away to Wolves in the League Cup!

Testimonial Due Stokesy's on fire's Avatar
    Cmon wolves!!

Scrap that, it's 1-1 now!