Up the Buddies!
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

2. Log in to remove the advert

Testimonial Due Stokesy's on fire's Avatar
    One Ian
    Murray!!! Cmon st'mirren!

Quote Originally Posted by PeeJay View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Think you're kidding yourself, that was no way a development team: like it or not Rangers gubbed their closest title challengers 2-6 on their home ground - the fact our squad is so poor when we have the "odd" injury is a reflection on how poorly prepared we are, not on how little pressure they had.

• Oxley
    • Fontaine
    • Hanlon
    • Forster
    • Gray
    • Martin
    • Fyvie
    • Stanton
    • Stevenson
    • Cummings
    • Malonga
    I was being slightly naughty in making that jibe but the fact is the squad that lined up for that game was, I hope, nowhere near where we would hope to be this season and in future encounters with Rangers. Having the options of Carmichael, McGinn, Boyle, Allan, Keatings, Bartley would put is in a far stronger position against Rangers and I'm quite content if we are under-estimated based on that performance.

Quote Originally Posted by patlowe View Post
    I was being slightly naughty in making that jibe but the fact is the squad that lined up for that game was, I hope, nowhere near where we would hope to be this season and in future encounters with Rangers. Having the options of Carmichael, McGinn, Boyle, Allan, Keatings, Bartley would put is in a far stronger position against Rangers and I'm quite content if we are under-estimated based on that performance.
    Fair enough - but, we don't yet know how these guys will actually play/perform together and this is something that throws us back a few weeks: this is not what Stubbs wanted for the start of this season, if they gel instantly and the team storms the league, fine what if it takes too long to get them up to "speed" though?

I don't think the Rangers team is great, but they are an entirely different kettle of fish to last season's dismally organised outfit (particularly at the start) - I think we will be chasing them rather than the other way round ...

I don't think the Rangers team is great, but they are an entirely different kettle of fish to last season's dismally organised outfit (particularly at the start) - I think we will be chasing them rather than the other way round ...

Left by mutual consent!
    St Mirren will get a hiding tonight I feel.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    Quote Originally Posted by BOB MARLEYS DUG View Post
    I do to, 3-0 Rangers IMO

Fair enough - but, we don't yet know how these guys will actually play/perform together and this is something that throws us back a few weeks: this is not what Stubbs wanted for the start of this season, if they gel instantly and the team storms the league, fine what if it takes too long to get them up to "speed" though?

Agree that Rangers appear much stronger than last season and that we are not as prepared as Stubbs would like. The next couple of weeks should be interesting though and, weakened squad or not, it's vital we get off to a good start before going to Ibrox.

Hibs shouldn't be interested in other teams matches / results, just concentrate on their own, i.e. win them, and other teams will become irrelevant.

That's what I'm hoping for anyway. I live in hope.

Looking at their team tonight. No chance their finishing top 2 this season (even IF they get a result tonight).

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BOB MARLEYS DUG View Post
    I don't think that will happen. The Huns aren't as good as they think they are.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member
    That didn't take long. One nil The Huns

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Fairly ominous start for them.

Quote Originally Posted by patlowe View Post
    Dare I whisper it, in 1985 the jambos were horsed 6-2 by St mirrren in the first match of the season or thereabouts

They went on to have a season that ended 8 minutes from glory (thanks to one Albert Kidd)

I think Hibs will win the league

Rangers lack creativity