hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Costco Tyres

@hibs.net private member alhibby's Avatar

Costco Tyres

Hoping someone can help, need 2 new front tyres and as a Costco member thought I would try there, anyone got any experience of buying tyres there?

Cheers

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Godsahibby's Avatar
    Tried there myself when I needed tyres and I was surprised how pricey they were. I've used a boy who was recommended to me a mobile tyre fitter coudknt recommend him enough. I take it you are Edinburgh based?

Quote Originally Posted by alhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hoping someone can help, need 2 new front tyres and as a Costco member thought I would try there, anyone got any experience of buying tyres there?

Cheers
    Thought that too. Apparently they are filled with Nitrogen, and are therefore meant to be more fuel efficient. Don't know if this will be of use to you, but I got a part worn tyre from a little place near Chesser Ave, across from the Quaich bar, only cost me £20.

First Team Breakthrough
    Have you thought about getting the tyre fitterto come to you? I've used http://www.etyres.co.uk/mobile-tyre-fitting/ without problems.

Quote Originally Posted by xyz23jc View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thought that too. Apparently they are filled with Nitrogen, and are therefore meant to be more fuel efficient. Don't know if this will be of use to you, but I got a part worn tyre from a little place near Chesser Ave, across from the Quaich bar, only cost me £20.
    All places are pushing this nitrogen rubbish.. The difference is it has larger molecules than air (which is 80% nitrogen anyway) so you lose less through the rubber. Realistically how often do you need to top up your tyres due to this? Novelty selling point. Nothing more .