hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I must be totally missing something. Have any of you guys that are biging up St Mirren looked at their squad? I don't think they'll be anywhere near us to be honest.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was originally very confused reading this but I see what you did there

Can't be the only o e thinking St.mirren will be no threat at all? Poor players, just lost their best midfielder who pulls the strings...I'll be very surprised if they're in the top 4 this season

Have they made any signings?
    Last edited by bill the hibby; 03-08-2015 at 05:03 PM.

It's just a niggly feeling - a lot of people have already written everyone else off aside from us and Rangers and I just don't see it being that simple.

St Mirren have a good squad with a decent blend of experience and youth and will be up there at the end of the season IMO.

I'm not hugely pessimistic but I'll confess to perhaps being worried about how thin our squad seems with the amount of injuries currently hindering us.

Reservations rather than negative and I'm hoping I look daft come the season's end
    There's no danger we'll finish any lower than second.

Left by mutual consent!
    Scottish Prem

Celtic
    Aberdeen
    Hearts

Scottish Champs

Rangers
    Hibs
    Falkirk

EPL

City
    Chelsea
    Man Utd
    Arsenal

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post
    There's no danger we'll finish any lower than second.
    Can I get the lottery numbers whilst you're at it, oh mighty precog?

As I said, if we can stay fully healthy I don't disagree with you but you're being invariably arrogant if you don't think it's possible.

Can I get the lottery numbers whilst you're at it, oh mighty precog?

As I said, if we can stay fully healthy I don't disagree with you but you're being invariably arrogant if you don't think it's possible.
    I'm not arrogant, I just have confidence in Alan Stubbs, and the group of players he's put together, that we can finish above everyone this season, with the possible exception of Sevco.

PS - If you're looking for the lottery numbers, I suggest you ask the organisers in Belgrade.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    I must be totally missing something. Have any of you guys that are biging up St Mirren looked at their squad? I don't think they'll be anywhere near us to be honest.
    I agree, they'll be scrapping with Falkirk for the final playoff slot.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    Who have they got in their squad that's really good / any good? I must confess I know very little about St Mirren, and would struggle to name many of their players off the top of my head.

I'm not trying to be disrespectful here BTW. I think Thompson has signed on for another season at about the age of 35 maybe? A club that has just been relegated may take some time to recover as I'm sure we're all aware.
    Last edited by emerald green; 03-08-2015 at 08:15 PM.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post
    I'm not arrogant, I just have confidence in Alan Stubbs, and the group of players he's put together, that we can finish above everyone this season, with the possible exception of Sevco.

PS - If you're looking for the lottery numbers, I suggest you ask the organisers in Belgrade.
    Being confident is one thing but proclaiming there's "no danger" we'll finish anywhere other than second is arrogant IMO.

You write all of the other teams off before a ball's kicked and it just fires them up to trip you up. It's a bit yammish actually.

Being confident is one thing but proclaiming there's "no danger" we'll finish anywhere other than second is arrogant IMO.

You write all of the other teams off before a ball's kicked and it just fires them up to trip you up. It's a bit yammish actually.
    So Trig is confident and talking Hibs up, yet he is deemed arrogant?? Only on here
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Fair enough.

Arrogant or not, I stand by what I said. I think us and Sevco will finish comfortably ahead of the rest of the teams.

St Mirren only have 16 players in their first team squad just now. I know there's still a month left in the transfer window but their only experienced players are Steven Thompson, Jim Goodwin, Alan Gow and Scott Agnew. The rest of their squad are all in their teens/early 20s.

Whilst Queen of the South and Falkirk may beat us in a one off game, they are not going to finish above us over 36 matches.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    So Trig is confident and talking Hibs up, yet he is deemed arrogant?? Only on here
    I've no problem with confidence and thinking we have a good season ahead (as I said in the post incidentally), and I agree with him.

Stating that there's "no danger" we'll finish lower than second is arrogant and disrespectful to the other teams in the league IMO.

I've no problem with confidence and thinking we have a good season ahead (as I said in the post incidentally), and I agree with him.

Stating that there's "no danger" we'll finish lower than second is arrogant and disrespectful to the other teams in the league IMO.
    With the squad at our disposal compared to the rest of the league, then there should be no danger we finish worse than 2nd. I see nothing wrong with saying that, disrespectful to other teams, not a bit....
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

If we finish any lower than 2nd then we've obviously had an absolute disaster and Alan Stubbs would be long gone so its very unlikely!