hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jason Cummings

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar

Jason Cummings

A class act today. He's going to be our main man again this season before getting a big move. Goal machine.

United we stand here....

2. Log in to remove the advert

Said on another thread he looks like he's taken a big step forward over the summer. He looks stronger and his touch has definitely improved. He worked his socks off today and there was none of the throwing his hands about or kicking the ground nonsense of last season.

If he keeps on going like today, and he was probably the only player to get pass marks last weeks as well, then he could well better his tally from last season.

As far as I'm concerned he's our 1st choice striker at the moment and it's up to the other 3 to fight it out for the other place.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Yip, he's already a guid yin and will only get better. It's essential we get an amicable settlement to the future contract negotiations.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar

Was really impressed with him today (and last week to an extent), he looks much stronger and his touch seems much better too.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Found Stubbs Hibs TV interview which mentioned Cummings a bit weird

reckon Stubbs has some issues with JC (possibly off field)

Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

What did he say?

Quote Originally Posted by Wheat Hound View Post
    What did he say?
    Said that Cummings still has to work on many aspects of his game, as he has said on many occasions. But said he does have the habit of scoring goals.

Also made a comment about the fact that Cummings is turning 20 so he might start growing up.

From my point of view he is trying to keep Jason's feet on the ground. He is obviously a very confident/cocky lad and I think Stubbs is reluctant to overly praise him.

All harmless.

Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post

Last season he said at the start we would not be seeing him too much. JC changed his mind though.

BTW don't let the BBC see this thread cause we've got no goalscorers.

@hibs.net private member
    How long has he got on his contract? Should we be worried incase he signs for his boyhood Heros .....;) (doubt it)

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    A class act today. He's going to be our main man again this season before getting a big move. Goal machine.
    Needs to start going it in important games. If they have the same amount of game time, then Keatings would score more than Cummings.

Quote Originally Posted by Greencore View Post
    How long has he got on his contract? Should we be worried incase he signs for his boyhood Heros .....;) (doubt it)
    Hahaha, for once we're lucky his boyhood heroes defecated on his hopes and dreams

Is that what we have reduced ourselves to?, whoring every player a move away from Easter Road at the first sign of any promise.

Deary me.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    Needs to start going it in important games. If they have the same amount of game time, then Keatings would score more than Cummings.
    He does score in important games. I've no idea how good Keatings is, but if he does as well as Cummings did last season then we'll win the league.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member PercyHibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

Said on another thread he looks like he's taken a big step forward over the summer. He looks stronger and his touch has definitely improved. He worked his socks off today and there was none of the throwing his hands about or kicking the ground nonsense of last season.

If he keeps on going like today, and he was probably the only player to get pass marks last weeks as well, then he could well better his tally from last season.

As far as I'm concerned he's our 1st choice striker at the moment and it's up to the other 3 to fight it out for the other place.
    Agree with this. Didn't think Cummings done enough last season. Seems to have upped his work rate. Thought he was our best player last week and was good again today. Keep it up

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SkintHibby View Post
    Is that what we have reduced ourselves to?, whoring every player a move away from Easter Road at the first sign of any promise.

Deary me.
    Or maybe just a factual description of the guy?

Dearie me.

Deary me.
    We have to accept that we don't play in the biggest league in the world. We're not reducing ourselves in any way by hoping he gets a big move. Not for the first time I'm wishing your skintness extended to lack of broadband.

United we stand here....

Is this sarcasm?

Cummings scored against Rangers at Ibrox and Easter Road last season. He also scored against Hearts at Tynie and Easter Road. He scored against Rangers last week.

5 against Rangers in 8 games, 2 against Hearts in 4 games, 2 in the relegation playoff at Hamilton, 1 vs Falkirk to secure second. Goals in both Scottish and League cup quarter finals last season.

Cummings record in big games is extremely good.

Left by mutual consent! Stuarty27's Avatar
    He is looking really sharp.

Fancy him to get 20 goals this season.

Deary me.
    I think having a team of players coveted by other clubs is something to aspire to not reduced circumstances.

It would be great to have a group of players so good they were being offered moves to clubs they couldn't turn down.

I love Hibs as much as anyone but I'm aware of where we, and Scottish football is at the moment, and ultimately good players want to play at the best level they possibly can. If we get to enjoy them on that journey and make a pretty penny into the bargain then all the better.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Oh dear. Think before you post. His record in big games speaks for itself

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Egg on face time, or talking peeesh. Take your pick.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    I'm possibly his biggest critic but he was more mobile today and running channels more. Movement was much much better. Always looking for the ball. His touch was certainly better today and scored again. Keep it up laddie. Well make a player of you yet.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    5 against Rangers in 8 games, 2 against Hearts in 4 games, 2 in the relegation playoff at Hamilton, 1 vs Falkirk to secure second. Goals in both Scottish and League cup quarter finals last season.

Cummings record in big games is extremely good.
    I knew it was good but not that good, that's a phenomenal record in big games for a guy who has just turned 20 today. Also thought he looked like he's added to his game over the summer.

We have to accept that we don't play in the biggest league in the world. We're not reducing ourselves in any way by hoping he gets a big move. Not for the first time I'm wishing your skintness extended to lack of broadband.
    Not sure your age but Hibs fans seem to have less aspirations with each passing year. Whilst it might not be reality, I will always look at Hibs being one of the biggest clubs in Scotland no matter how old I get.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Jason was excellent today, and led the line very well. He's going to be a very important player this season.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Not sure your age but Hibs fans seem to have less aspirations with each passing year. Whilst it might not be reality, I will always look at Hibs being one of the biggest clubs in Scotland no matter how old I get.
    I'm hoping that Cummings would be heading down south to something bigger than the Scottish leagues. I agree that that it would be disappointing if he went to another Scottish cub as I also look at us as being one of the biggest teams in Scotland.

United we stand here....

To be fair to Steve20 with the exception. Of the derbies, the games vs rangers and the play offs, he hasn't turned up in the important games.

You are guessing. if Keatings was so good why did hearts release him. They also released Cummings but that was when he was a boy and they would love him
    back now. Hibs don't often get a 20 goal a season player coming up through the ranks so why don't you just appreciate him while we have him.

I'm hoping that Cummings would be heading down south to something bigger than the Scottish leagues. I agree that that it would be disappointing if he went to another Scottish cub as I also look at us as being one of the biggest teams in Scotland.
    Not having a go at you but Hibs fans are the worst at devaluing ourselves and our club.

We need to wake up and realise only the OF and maybe Hearts have more fans!

WTF are we doing in this pathetic league?