hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Ricky Burns

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar

Ricky Burns

Up next, I can't help but think to time to call it a day for him. I hope I'm eating humble pie in a few rounds.

United we stand here....

2. Log in to remove the advert

Well that was bizarre, why did they throw the towel in?

United we stand here....

Very strange.

Though Burns looked sharp and was doing well before the bizarre ending, he was actually very impressive in defeat v Omar Figueroa Jr last time out, although I think his days of fighting at world level are now behind him.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Very strange.

Though Burns looked sharp and was doing well before the bizarre ending, he was actually very impressive in defeat v Omar Figueroa Jr last time out, although I think his days of fighting at world level are now behind him.
    There's no doubt he's still a class act, but I wonder what's left in the game for him. Another couple of wins could see him get another shot at a title due to his name, but I can't see him winning another title.

United we stand here....

This is a right tear up. I'm struggling to call a winner.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    There's no doubt he's still a class act, but I wonder what's left in the game for him. Another couple of wins could see him get another shot at a title due to his name, but I can't see him winning another title.
    I'm not sure if an all Scottish fight with Willie Limond for the British title at Light welterweight would interest either fighter? I'm sure it would interest a few promoters as a money maker.

Tbh the British lightweight division doesn't have a lot of strength in depth, assuming Anthony Crolla is tied up at world level for a while and Kevin Mitchell likewise, so there may be options for him there. A fight with Luke Campbell may be of interest, assuming he wins tonight and Campbell's advisors fancy it which I doubt.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I'm not sure if an all Scottish fight with Willie Limond for the British title at Light welterweight would interest either fighter? I'm sure it would interest a few promoters as a money maker.

Tbh the British lightweight division doesn't have a lot of strength in depth, assuming Anthony Crolla is tied up at world level for a while and Kevin Mitchell likewise, so there may be options for him there. A fight with Luke Campbell may be of interest, assuming he wins tonight and Campbell's advisors fancy it which I doubt.
    I can't see a domestic fighter other than Mitchell wanting to fight Burns, revenge would be the only motivation.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member brythehibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    See I was thinking along the same lines, but then Crolla should have a world title just now, but I'd fancy Ricky to beat him. So I think there's still title fights left for him.

Quote Originally Posted by brythehibby View Post
    See I was thinking along the same lines, but then Crolla should have a world title just now, but I'd fancy Ricky to beat him. So I think there's still title fights left for him.
    I hope so as I loved watching him in his prime, but I can't help think that any future title fight would end badly for him.

United we stand here....

Burns was battering him, but no need for the towel. Fight after was a peach.

Campbell is going to win the headliner easily I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by Antwerphibs View Post
    Burns was battering him, but no need for the towel. Fight after was a peach.

Campbell is going to win the headliner easily I reckon.
    Campbell looked good but Coyle was brave as a lion.

United we stand here....

Think burns would beat crolla and derry Matthews don't know about luke Campbell it would be a huge test for Campbell see how good he really is