hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 5,953

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: torto7062

Really poor crowd today I bet Leanne and Stubbsy are wondering what else to do to bring in the fans

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Torto7062 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Really poor crowd today I bet Leanne and Stubbsy are wondering what else to do to bring in the fans
    I'm not sure that any club would have had much more than that for a home match in the 1st round of the League Cup against Montrose, with the exception of Celtic and Sevco.

It was always going to be a low crowd.

Yes it's a nationwide problem, not just ours.

I wouldnt look to much into it tbh. Poor crowd yes but it was a 1st round tie with montrose (hardly glamerous for the walk up fan) and a lot of folk are still away on holiday etc.

Looked more in the stadium!

More than the Dumbarton game this time last season in the League Cup...

5066 for that one with more away fans!

2872 at Hamilton today
    3307 at ICT
    5207 at Killie today

These crowds should be more of a worry for the SPFL
    Last edited by GreenCastle; 01-08-2015 at 07:42 PM.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post
    I'm not sure that any club would have had much more than that for a home match in the 1st round of the League Cup against Montrose, with the exception of Celtic and Sevco.

It was always going to be a low crowd.
    Cheaper prices,guaranteed win ;) chance to bring young ones to encourage them

I think THEM,Dons and UTD would easily have more.

Could understand if it was on TV :(

Yams had 6240 - with 250 Arbroath fans at game!

Gamer IDs

11,225 against Rangers and 3500 were Ogres...

So we're down 2500 odd fans from last week...I hear what your saying ref other teams but Hibs are doing everything to entice the fans back and to me it doesn't seem to be working....

3pm on a Saturday and a game we're almost certain to win. Not seeing many reasons not to go.

Hearts got a massive 300 more fans at their match against Arbroath the other night.

Aberdeen possibly would have done although I'm not certain about that.

Dundee Utd, no chance, they struggle to get much more than that for a lot of their league matches.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Let's not kid ourselves on that was a piss poor attendance today. We need a spark to get people back, a real sign that we've turned the corner.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    I thought the attendance was ok. Most of my mates who have STs were on holiday or didn't fancy paying £15 on top of the ST price.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post
    Hearts got a massive 300 more fans at their match against Arbroath the other night.

Aberdeen possibly would have done although I'm not certain about that.

Dundee Utd, no chance, they struggle to get much more than that for a lot of their league matches.
    DUTD only managed 7200 in Feb when it was £5 to get in and they played ICT who took a good thousand. DUTD vs Partick in 2013, league cup, they had 3778.

Aberdeen played Alloa in the League Cup in 2013, they had 4900 at the game. In 2014 vs Livi they had 6454.

Quote Originally Posted by high bee View Post
    DUTD only managed 7200 in Feb when it was £5 to get in and they played ICT who took a good thousand. DUTD vs Partick in 2013, league cup, they had 3778.

Aberdeen played Alloa in the League Cup in 2013, they had 4900 at the game. In 2014 vs Livi they had 6454.
    We're bigger than that ***** though

United we stand here....

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xoROOSKYox
    I'm finding it hard to believe we've not sold out for Dumbarton! Only 700 tickets ffs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not a great attendance although the reality as others have stated, crowds are down probably down to holiday season. Also, it is difficult to get motivated for another season. It is the price we are paying for a lack of success on the pitch. No reflection on the current management on and off the pitch, but reality bites.

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    We're bigger than that ***** though
    Yes I don't think it matters really, it was in relation to the claim that those 3 would easily get higher attendances than us.

Nearly 6,000. Not bad considering it's the first round, playing Montrose and unless you had a cup top up then you had to pay.

I've seen worse crowds in the English Championship for similar games.

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    45,197 " attendance " given for Celtic Park.

I saw some of the game on the telly. lucky if the place was a quarter full.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Vanquinho
    Quote Originally Posted by FromTheCapital View Post
    I'm finding it hard to believe we've not sold out for Dumbarton! Only 700 tickets ffs

Still a whole week to go.

I think lots of people were put off by statements like "360 points will never be enough" only to be pleasantly surprised that it was.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar

It's a points issue, don't worry.

Those who have the requisite points can wait until last minute.

I didn't even bother looking as I only have the season ticket points plus a few from last year.

Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post

honestly? I know they cook the numbers big time but id say it was like a quarter empty

Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post

They do exaggerate their attendances but there was more than 15000 there today.

Is the attendance today not about standard for us in recent years in the early rounds of this competition when we draw lower league teams?

I definitely remember sub 7000 for at least a couple of midweek games in recent years.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Don't mean to be flippant, but not losing 2-6 to our league rivals would be a start. Last week will have dented early season enthusiasm amongst some of the more casual fans.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    only a team that wins consistently will get the fans drifting back, i wonder how many fans have been lost to the game forever due to the poor running of our club/poor home performances for the last several years

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    only a team that wins consistently will get the fans drifting back, i wonder how many fans have been lost to the game forever due to the poor running of our club/poor home performances for the last several years
    Hit the nail on the head I think the fans are still out there but it's up to the club to bring us success, last weeks result didn't help at all and if you want the fans through the door we have to win on a more regular basis.

Blog Entries
    Yams won the league in a canter, they truly believe they'll be top 3 this year & yet they had only 100 more fans for their game. It's not really all about success or lack of it, it's more down to Scottish football falling apart, not helped by starting the season with 2 minor cup games for which season tickets weren't valid. Can you imagine England starting next Sat with Chelsea-Hartlepool or Man U-Rochdale? We have no idea how to market our game!

Quote Originally Posted by thebrighibs View Post
    Not a great attendance although the reality as others have stated, crowds are down probably down to holiday season. Also, it is difficult to get motivated for another season. It is the price we are paying for a lack of success on the pitch. No reflection on the current management on and off the pitch, but reality bites.
    We are where we are for reasons well documented . However given recent events the Board have made it clear they feel they are stepping up to the plate in trying to show ambition ,by not selling S. A and in signing John McGinn .
    Leeann has issued e mails appealing for more backing from the fans to try and further realise that ambition and it's clear some are buying into that ,but if we can't start growing the support the law of diminishing returns sets in at some point ,and another season in the Championship is something we need to avoid .
    We seem to be at the point where we say the team need to go on a winning run and hopefully that starts against Dumbarton .But the Board will be hoping that home attendances start to incrementally increase even by small amounts home game by home game ,as evidence that they are seeing fans gradually buying into what we are trying to do . Leeann inherited the mess,but is clearly striving to change things for the better ,but at some point we do need attendances to start creeping up .
    Having our strongest first eleven with Good options from the bench capable of changing a game would help , but it's a catch 22 situation we are in ,and hopefully the first home leaugue game sees some reward on the attendance front to start building some forward momentum .