hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: David Gold

First Team Breakthrough since90plustwo's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: FIN1875

David Gold

Unfortunately i lost a bet with a jambo mate last season so i had to endure their game against Arbroath last night. Hearts looked very average but one player from the opposition who stood out was our old u20 captain david gold. Looked so composed on the ball and took his goal very well. Unfortunately missed an open goal aswell really disappointed we let him go without giving him a chance bevause he still looks a player! Only person in their team that wanted to get the ball down in play. Would think he will be making his way up the leagues in the next few years.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by finlayhughes View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Unfortunately i lost a bet with a jambo mate last season so i had to endure their game against Arbroath last night. Hearts looked very average but one player from the opposition who stood out was our old u20 captain david gold. Looked so composed on the ball and took his goal very well. Unfortunately missed an open goal aswell really disappointed we let him go without giving him a chance bevause he still looks a player! Only person in their team that wanted to get the ball down in play. Would think he will be making his way up the leagues in the next few years.
    Why did we let him go

Quote Originally Posted by leggeto View Post
    Why did we let him go
    Think it was purely because of relegation as we let go all the under twenty a go that were in the second year of twentys

@hibs.net private member
    Why did we let him go
    He only completed 90 minutes 6 times last year for Berwick IIRC and was otherwise mainly a substitute.

Goldy played well at times for Hibs U20's but in hindsight many of that team and previous youth teams were kept on just for the sake of it.

He wasn't going to make it and I think the fact he's had to drop down to the lowest tier shows that.

Good luck to him in his career, big Jambo though so he would have been trying like a bear last night.

Quote Originally Posted by finlayhughes View Post
    Do you think he is better than who we already have?
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    Why did we let him go
    Because he bit my finger so.

Quote Originally Posted by Kojock View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Kojock View Post

I just woke my missus up laughing at that