@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    2 Trialists and McCabe scored
    Baldy, thanks

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by woodyhfc4892 View Post
    Someone mentioned on Twitter the trialist was a player called Jamie Insall, apparently broke someone's jaw and received a suspended sentence a few years back whilst playing.
    He's supposedly signed for stourbridge recently according to this -

http://www.stourbridgefc.com/teams/6...insall-1514087

How did McCabe play?

Quote Originally Posted by GreenDevil View Post
    How did McCabe play?
    He looked the part for 60mins but started to run out of steam towards end of game, on this showing,I think he may be offered something as he would be a useful addition to the squad, not necessarily the first 11 but will make the bench stronger

Brentford were a huge team, big and strong and when they made a string of subs around the 65 min mark, they started to come into the game

@hibs.net private member Scooter's Avatar
    He looked the part for 60mins but started to run out of steam towards end of game, on this showing,I think he may be offered something as he would be a useful addition to the squad, not necessarily the first 11 but will make the bench stronger

Brentford were a huge team, big and strong and when they made a string of subs around the 65 min mark, they started to come into the game
    Do you know who the trialists where or do you know if they were 1st teamers or development teams

Delights to hear, he's a player I rate. What formation did we play and where did he play in it?

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    Delights to hear, he's a player I rate. What formation did we play and where did he play in it?
    He is a cracking player, known him for years. His cousin is a good player also, just been made dunfermline captain

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    they looked pretty decent.

First time I've watched the 20's this season and thought, with the exception of the last 7 minutes, that they defended pretty well as a unit.

I thought we allowed Brentford too much possession at times and some of our decision making let us down but, overall, a pretty decent performance.

I like the look of Aaron Scott, he's a tidy wee player and could have a bright future in the game.
    I agree, Bobo. Always available, good passer, good engine and dare I say it, his playing style reminds me a bit of Scott Allan's!
    This is how it feels

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    I agree, Bobo. Always available, good passer, good engine and dare I say it, his playing style reminds me a bit of Scott Allan's!
    ....if Conner Duthie gets his finger oot as they say and gets working on his workrate he will also make it.......needs a wee proverbial rocket now and again but I like his arrogance on the ball and the way he always plays with his head up and looking for a chance to shoot or be on the end of things.

Testimonial Due Billychaotic182's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Billy Chaotic PSN ID: BillyChaotic
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    ....if Conner Duthie gets his finger oot as they say and gets working on his workrate he will also make it.......needs a wee proverbial rocket now and again but I like his arrogance on the ball and the way he always plays with his head up and looking for a chance to shoot or be on the end of things.
    Never seen him play but the way you describe him reminds me of Ross Caldwell

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Billychaotic182 View Post
    Never seen him play but the way you describe him reminds me of Ross Caldwell
    I liked Ross Caldwell......to be honest in U19 games I always thought he put a right shift in........I think our youth players have had a terrible coaching environment last few seasons because of where we were as a club, fighting relegation or bottom 6 and there were never opportunities for them to enter the side when the team were playing with confidence. Of course you'll get some saying they'd bite their hand off to play for Hibs and that players like Ross should count themselves lucky......but when they leave and go down the leagues I am sure they realise that themselves.

That's why I think Stubbs, May, McBride and everyone have really turned around the fortunes of the youth structure and the professionalism.

In other words, if Stubbs had come in three seasons ago and worked with Caldwell, Harris, Stanton, Baptie, Black etc.........I think it would have been a different outlook.

Callum Crane is another to look out for.......for me anyway.

I've only seen Duthie a few times but I don't think there are any real issues with his work ethic IMO.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by 3pm View Post
    I've only seen Duthie a few times but I don't think there are any real issues with his work ethic IMO.
    I think he's a cracking player 3pm I wasn't being overly critical, but sometimes he spits the dummy and loses concentration for me........I hope he gets chances this season to come on in games, especially games where we are maybe comfy.........he's got some shot on him

I think he's a cracking player 3pm I wasn't being overly critical, but sometimes he spits the dummy and loses concentration for me........I hope he gets chances this season to come on in games, especially games where we are maybe comfy.........he's got some shot on him

Quite enjoyed the few games I've been to. It's good trying to guess who'll 'make it'!

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by 3pm View Post

Quite enjoyed the few games I've been to. It's good trying to guess who'll 'make it'!
    Funny, sadly I watched some re-runs of our run in towards relegation and the sight of Ryan McGivern had me near throwing the laptop out the window......he was culpable for so many goals conceded in the run in and all I could think was Ryan Baptie........he would have run till he dropped for Hibs, whilst McGivern just didn't give a sook

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Funny, sadly I watched some re-runs of our run in towards relegation and the sight of Ryan McGivern had me near throwing the laptop out the window......he was culpable for so many goals conceded in the run in and all I could think was Ryan Baptie........he would have run till he dropped for Hibs, whilst McGivern just didn't give a sook
    Is that the guy that joined calley thistle?

How's he getting on now? (That's a genuine question by the way, I've no idea, he could have played 30 games last year for all I know)

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post

How's he getting on now? (That's a genuine question by the way, I've no idea, he could have played 30 games last year for all I know)
    Think he was released at the end of the season, not sure how many games, if any he played for the 1st team.
    Spoke to a a young player at Hearts about Baptie, at 14 he reckoned he was going all the way to the top. Just shows you how hard it is to predict who will make it or not

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    That's the lad we took from Hearts yeah? I doubly want him to make it to get it right up them

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post

With Peterhead now I think

Quote Originally Posted by NadeAteMyLunch! View Post
    That's the lad we took from Hearts yeah? I doubly want him to make it to get it right up them
    It is and he's certainly got something going for him
    This is how it feels

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    It is and he's certainly got something going for him
    Yup, he is wearing green now.

Quote Originally Posted by eddiethedog View Post
    Yup, he is wearing green now.
    This is how it feels

Funnily enough, I thought that myself when watching him yesterday
    "The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it" - George Bernard Shaw.

First Team Breakthrough Hibhibhooray's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibhibhooray PSN ID: Hibhibhooray
    Quote Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
    He was defo getting called Jamie so could well be him
    his Facebook page has him with a Hibs training top

He is on trial for week Jamie insall

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Rhys McCabe was at the game today.

It would be great if we could get McCabe I reckon we will go close for title ... Wonder if stokes would come on loan lol

Quote Originally Posted by eastmainsmsh View Post
    It would be great if we could get McCabe I reckon we will go close for title ... Wonder if stokes would come on loan lol
    I don't think the younger players could afford Stokes.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.