hibs.net Messageboard

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar

Scotland v England

Question for the Tartan Army members on here.

Normally wouldn't even consider attending as it'd be very difficult to get tickets - however the game is on my birthday so I'm thinking it would be a good way to spend it.

I am not a member of the TA and have never attended any Scotland games before. Considering this, is there any way between now and the game that I would stand a chance of getting two tickets for the game? I.e. joining the TA, attending a certain number of games to get loyalty points etc. Any advice would be much appreciated.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    I'm in the Scotland supporters club, lasts 2 years. Will have to renew for the World Cup qualifiers. Current members will get 1st option to renew, and then others may get the chance to join, depending on how many members renew. Think it cost £46 or so for the 2 years. Other than joining, think tickets for the home game will be scare

You would need to join the Scotland supporters club. It only holds 35000 members and membership is up for renewel every 2 years. There will be high demand for new members as it will guarantee you a ticket for the England game. Keep an eye one sfa web page and tamb message board for when new members are being taken.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm in the Scotland supporters club, lasts 2 years. Will have to renew for the World Cup qualifiers. Current members will get 1st option to renew, and then others may get the chance to join, depending on how many members renew. Think it cost £46 or so for the 2 years. Other than joining, think tickets for the home game will be scare
    I've got my tickets for Germany and Poland. I'm gonna join the supporters club next year. Would I be able to get a membership without any problems?
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    I've got my tickets for Germany and Poland. I'm gonna join the supporters club next year. Would I be able to get a membership without any problems?
    As tartanhibee says, they cap at 35,000, so if everyone was to rejoin, you might find it hard to get in

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    I have an SSC Membership. The only game where it has been virtually impossible to get a ticket was the home game v Italy a few years ago. Having said that demand for the England game will be huge. Be prepared to pay around £60 I'd imagine. The recent friendly was £56 😟
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop Hibee View Post
    I have an SSC Membership. The only game where it has been virtually impossible to get a ticket was the home game v Italy a few years ago. Having said that demand for the England game will be huge. Be prepared to pay around £60 I'd imagine. The recent friendly was £56 😟
    I paid £56 for my England ticket 🙈

I would not have paid £5.60.
    Cougars!!!

I've never been in The SSC, the only time I haven't managed to secure a ticket for a game I wanted to attend was the first time we went to Skopje, bought a home end ticket off a boy in the street but never got in. Dinnae really do home games these days.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    You should be ok for it. Existing members will get the first choice to renew memberships then there is usually a public opening for memberships. There were memberships available right up till recently.
    I only do home games as I have a young family but a membership is the only way to travel with the TA and the away trips are absolutly brilliant fun.

Worth giving the SFA a call though.

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish....cfm?page=3138

Quote Originally Posted by AndyM_1875 View Post
    You should be ok for it. Existing members will get the first choice to renew memberships then there is usually a public opening for memberships. There were memberships available right up till recently.
    I only do home games as I have a young family but a membership is the only way to travel with the TA and the away trips are absolutly brilliant fun.

Worth giving the SFA a call though.

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish....cfm?page=3138
    Worth joining the mailing list as well as you get first dibs on joining and even recently can get pre public tickets

Quote Originally Posted by liamh2202 View Post
    Worth joining the mailing list as well as you get first dibs on joining and even recently can get pre public tickets
    That's how i got my Germany and Poland tickets