hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: accountants?

Coaching Staff

accountants?

Setting up on my own and I'm needing a bit of help getting my head around the accountancy side.

There's two main things:

i) how to manage the financial side of the business (invoicing, tax, VAT etc)

ii) registered office: registered at my current home address but plan is to work from overseas or at least not be bound by location: not just for lifestyle reasons but it may be important to be able to work in a specific place for a few peak months of the year. I know some companies offer registration for free. is there one in leith that does?

I've asked before a few years ago, but ended up not taking things forward. This time, I'm going to definitely go for
    it. Any suggestions?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by steakbake View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Setting up on my own and I'm needing a bit of help getting my head around the accountancy side.

There's two main things:

i) how to manage the financial side of the business (invoicing, tax, VAT etc)

ii) registered office: registered at my current home address but plan is to work from overseas or at least not be bound by location: not just for lifestyle reasons but it may be important to be able to work in a specific place for a few peak months of the year. I know some companies offer registration for free. is there one in leith that does?

I've asked before a few years ago, but ended up not taking things forward. This time, I'm going to definitely go for
    it. Any suggestions?

There are many who provide this service - I use a company called Beyond The Numbers, West End of Edinburgh - run byVal Wishart. I have found them excellent and prices reasonable. Also if it's just for an introductory chat, I'm sure they will help you get your head around these points.

Good luck! I did it a few years ago and never regretted it!

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There are many who provide this service - I use a company called Beyond The Numbers, West End of Edinburgh - run byVal Wishart. I have found them excellent and prices reasonable. Also if it's just for an introductory chat, I'm sure they will help you get your head around these points.

Good luck! I did it a few years ago and never regretted it!
    Thanks very much - that's brilliant. I've given them a call!

Sent you a PM. Hopefully you got it.

There was a crowd caled Business Gateway about ten years ago who were helpful to me. Government funded I think. They ran courses and seminars about setting up in business.