hibs.net Messageboard

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So you couldn't go as much as you wasted due to your work, regardless of that is an office job or any other career? That's pretty hard lines in my eyes. A loyalty scheme is there to reward loyalty.

FWIW I see no issue in someone buying a ticket that can and giving it to you

Nor do I, just don't post it here, it will cause arguments.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Nor do I, just don't post it here, it will cause arguments.
    Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Guys we don't need another ticket thread descending into arguments and borderline personal digs.

There's an issue to be debated here but can we keep it respectful and sensoble please.
    It's something that can't really be managed by the Club, one of the nuances of the system, doesn't make it right though.....
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

I only asked because the mates I have asked so far are all going.. If push comes to shove I will get a home end ticket but would rather the wee man was in signing with the hibbys than in the home end.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Yes but thats done under the radar, they wouldn't come on here and blab about it would they because that would cause trouble.
    I only see someone asking a question. If the guy gets lucky I am sure it will be done through pm or whatever.
    Cougars!!!

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    No difference to someone getting a cup final ticket for a friend who never goes when a regular walk up can't get one. Happens in every scheme when demand is high, can't believe the strife this question has caused.

Coaching Staff
    I would also assume some of those who have earned points already also on occasion had someone in a group collect tickets for them. Not really much difference. Others couldn't or don't live in town and pay at the gate. The scheme isn't perfect at rewarding loyalty so let's not get all high and mighty about who has what and what that entities you to.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    I would also assume some of those who have earned points already also on occasion had someone in a group collect tickets for them. Not really much difference. Others couldn't or don't live in town and pay at the gate. The scheme isn't perfect at rewarding loyalty so let's not get all high and mighty about who has what and what that entities you to.
    Did you get your tickets today Andy

@hibs.net private member
    So you don't want points awarded if the person doesn't pick up their own ticket?? Have I read that right?

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    So you don't want points awarded if the person doesn't pick up their own ticket?? Have I read that right?
    That's not what I'm saying. It's more the attitude some are now showing about what the points illustrate. That's not quite the case so some toning down of the language around what type of fans people are and what they deserve would be useful.

Just for example someone who lived close to ER and picked up tickets for away games will have more points than those who went to the same games but paid at the gate.

For this game it's doubled up because no points are available for people down the list.

There are nuances to the scheme that need appreciated. Just banging on about rewarding loyalty isn't helpful.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Did you get your tickets today Andy
    No Im not here for it so my angle on this one is more just the principle of how it can operate differently for people.

That's not what I'm saying. It's more the attitude some are now showing about what the points illustrate. That's not quite the case so some toning down of the language around what type of fans people are and what they deserve would be useful.

Just for example someone who lived close to ER and picked up tickets for away games will have more points than those who went to the same games but paid at the gate.

For this game it's doubled up because no points are available for people down the list.

There are nuances to the scheme that need appreciated. Just banging on about rewarding loyalty isn't helpful.
    Could always get your ticket posted out in advance and get the points?

No Im not here for it so my angle on this one is more just the principle of how it can operate differently for people.
    As I've said on this and every other loyalty thread, is its a shame we got our 1st League game at such a small ground and a low allocation. Think the scheme at least makes sure that "most" of the fans that go regularly will get a ticket. I'm sure you can't disagree with that?

As I've said on this and every other loyalty thread, is its a shame we got our 1st League game at such a small ground and a low allocation. Think the scheme at least makes sure that "most" of the fans that go regularly will get a ticket. I'm sure you can't disagree with that?
    It makes perfect sense to me however if someone wishes to help someone else out and get them a ticket I don't really see the problem either.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    It makes perfect sense to me however if someone wishes to help someone else out and get them a ticket I don't really see the problem either.
    Are you after one😀

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    What if someone in second bracket loses out to someone who never goes? Is that fair?
    They couldn't have gone anyway though if everyone in the top bracket has already bought up all the tickets during their priority period.

I really can't get too excited about someone legitimately buying a ticket for a match and then selling it on at face value to another fan if they can no longer go to the match.

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    One of our 3 cant get a ticket because he only bought a half season ticket last year and a full season ticket this year. We only missed 3 away games last season usually paying at the gate. I don't agree with this loyalty points system. There should have been a cut off for all loyalty points levels to buy tickets prior to a general sale. I cant understand what use loyalty points are if you are never going to get to use them. In his case he has 300.

I still suspect there will be a small number left over for General sale. There certainly will be the next time we play there.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Are you after one😀
    No mate I have enough points but not going!

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    I still suspect there will be a small number left over for General sale. There certainly will be the next time we play there.
    What's happening next time?!

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    the point is that there should only ever be a general sale after all loyalty points levels have been given a chance to buy.

Quote Originally Posted by 3pm View Post
    It's on a cold February afternoon

Quote Originally Posted by eddiethedog View Post
    the point is that there should only ever be a general sale after all loyalty points levels have been given a chance to buy.
    I don't think that will ever not be the case where a game has limited capacity and/or high demand and I doubt anyone would argue otherwise.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by 3pm View Post
    It wont be the first game of the season

Quote Originally Posted by eddiethedog View Post
    Did I say anything different?

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    The big lesson I`ve learned over this is that in future I`ll be buying tickets in advance rather than PATG for away games. Looking at the list of allocated points paying at gate on away days has cost me my rights for this game. (As an out of town fan it seemed easier to do so). I`ll be out the country for this anyway, so my shortfall of points means I`m not losing out as such for the Dumbarton fixture, but if I was home I would be feeling pretty disappointed at being a regular away day traveller and long time season holder and not getting a ticket. This won`t present too many problems this season, but I`m a bit concerned now about acquiring Ibrox tickets. Obviously the system now ensures those who support the club by buying seasons and travel to every game are given priority, and quite rightly so.

It's on a cold February afternoon
    Cheers.

Can I buy a ticket from the second batch after midnight or is it another 10 o'clock scramble tomorrow morning? Official site only says 10am Thursday morning, nothing about the following days sales.

cant for the life of me see why there are so many smug responses to the original post from HFC. why are the numbers restricted so much? how much can the ground hold? should a club that can hardly hold as many as Olivebank stadium, be allowed to play in a championship league? how low can Scottish Proffesional Football go?

Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    cant for the life of me see why there are so many smug responses to the original post from HFC. why are the numbers restricted so much? how much can the ground hold? should a club that can hardly hold as many as Olivebank stadium, be allowed to play in a championship league? how low can Scottish Proffesional Football go?
    Dumbarton have a ground that suits their needs. What's wrong with that and how is that indicative of failings in Scottish football?