hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: Should Scott Allan play for Hibs again?

Voters
371. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

241 64.96%
  • No

130 35.04%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Blog Entries
    I initially voted no but on reflection think that if Stubbs was 100% satisfied that he was getting 100% of him then he should play. Secondly and I'm confessing to a complete U turn here, playing him will take a lot out of the sting that the media and Sevco will be drumming up incessantly. My gung ho, stuff them stance, has been tempered by the thought that the lower the profile this issue has, the better everyone at ER can concentrate on the main objective, promotion.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    I think he will start tomorrow....Stubbs will go forward as normal...he is a Hibs player

Only Stubbs and the coaching staff will know, if he has applied himself in training this week and has shown that his mind is the right place then he should play. If not, and he has been half arsed and causing trouble, it won't be healthy for squad harmony for him to play.

@hibs.net private member
    Good to see over 60% now backing him. At the beginning I am sure it was more like 35%.

Testimonial Due
    After taking a couple of days to calm down and think about it then yes absolutely he should play for us again. it'll be a test of Stubbsy's man management capabilities but hopefully he can get him to but into his plans and visions for the team again. Funnily enough the pitch may be the best place for SA to be at the moment but ultimately it depends on his attitude. I'd say c'mon Scott let's put all this crap behind us.and get out on the park and play if he can do that he will have my full support.

I originally said no but after listening to Stubbs I feel he has the whole situation under hand and has a good working relationship with Allan. Now that Allan realises what the scenario that he's going nowhere, i feel he'll knuckle down and be professional, not to say that if another club offers the right money he'll be gone.

@hibs.net private member Argylehibby's Avatar
    Montrose will think they have a real chance tomorrow. Hibs in turmoil, best player not up for it and that's if he even gets a game. Fans ready to give him abuse at the first mistake if he plays etc. etc. If SA plays tomorrow I really hope he and the rest of the team gets the backing from the stands.

Should be good enough to beat Montrose without Scott Allan

'S' Form
    Wouldnt it be funny after all this......

If SA signed an extension to his current contract, realised he would be no better in a Rangers team than ours, Helps us win the league then sold for what he is worth and not like he is something out the littlewoods catalogue!

In all seriousness, he has a chance to change his usual 'spit the dummy' attitude...Something I cant understand as he has won nothing in his career so far so it must be purely money motivated.......he talks plenty about WANTING to being a winner as reasons for his many moves etc but when it comes down to it he has nothing to show...........He has a chance to be a winner at Hibs, a chance I genuinely feel is greater than what it would be at Rangers regardless of the result at ER.

Quote Originally Posted by Cod Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Should be good enough to beat Montrose without Scott Allan
    Which is why he should play. After 45 mins we'll all know if his hearts in it or not.

First Team Breakthrough Calum68's Avatar
    I was pssed off the same as most but my view now is that if Alan Stubbs selects him then we should all get behind him and support the team. We stop supporting a player wearing a green shirt on the park then we should all give up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    I initially voted no but on reflection think that if Stubbs was 100% satisfied that he was getting 100% of him then he should play. Secondly and I'm confessing to a complete U turn here, playing him will take a lot out of the sting that the media and Sevco will be drumming up incessantly. My gung ho, stuff them stance, has been tempered by the thought that the lower the profile this issue has, the better everyone at ER can concentrate on the main objective, promotion.
    I agree - it's all down to the player's attitude and application. If he's smart, knuckles down and performs, then he can pick from a wide range of lucrative options when his contract expires.

If he's not and decides to sulk, playing the martyr to the weedgie flute-playing press, he sits in the stands for a key season in his development as a player, and signs for the Huns as a guy who has taken a year out and needs a fair bit essential rehab of game time in order to come near to fulfilling his potential of a year ago.

Up to him.

You can rest assured that Stubbs and the club will get on with it, with or without his help.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Quote Originally Posted by gloryhunter View Post
    I actually voted NO earlier this morning but I have changed my mind. There are now only two ways IMO that Hibs can rescue anything from this whole sorry saga.

1. Sell AS to anyone except Sevco and use the funds to supplement the team (just can't see many clubs taking a chance on him now).

2. Get SA to see sense and play out his contract and help us get out of this league - can AS straighten out SA's head enough for this to happen?

I see more chance (just a little mind you) that no. 2 is the more likely scenario. I can't change my vote but I can change my mind.

I think that this is pretty well exactly where I stand on this.

Banning him from ever playing for the team again would be, in my opinion, rather vindictive and likely to have a negative effect on at least some of the other players. Scott's a signed player on contract to Hibs for the season; if we don't trust Alan Stubbs to be capable of judging the player's attitude and state of mind and selecting or not selecting him accordingly, then it would seem to be pretty daft for the club to have extended his contract and the contracts of his coaching team.

What Scott does at the end of the season is his business - it's a fact of life in Scottish football that a large number of players support the OF teams and have strong ambitions to play for them, and we just have to get on with this. I don't like it - as far as I'm concerned Sevco have tapped our best player and unsettled him by making a private approach before speaking to the Hibs board. That private approach very quickly was made public by a Sevco-worshipping sports media and it appears that there's neither the regulations in place nor the will to frame such regulations to prevent them doing this.

But whether we like it or not we're contracted to pay the player until the end of the season or until such time as he leaves to join another club. I would trust Alan Stubbs to be a sufficiently perceptive coach to judge Scott's attitude and state of mind and body well enough to play him or not according to the same criteria as he plays the rest of the squad. And I would hope that Scott himself will respond in a properly professional manner.

I think Bob puts the situation in a nutshell in #132 - it's up to Scott Allan either to be a man and step up to the plate and play, or be a silly wee boy and sulk, in which case he'll waste a year at a crucial stage of his career and do himself no favours at all.
    Last edited by --------; 31-07-2015 at 03:38 PM.

First Team Breakthrough
    I hope Allan goes out with a point to prove tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Argylehibby View Post
    Montrose will think they have a real chance tomorrow. Hibs in turmoil, best player not up for it and that's if he even gets a game. Fans ready to give him abuse at the first mistake if he plays etc. etc. If SA plays tomorrow I really hope he and the rest of the team gets the backing from the stands.
    Hibs are not in turmoil......
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    Aye, far from it. We're actually in a pretty good place after the events of the past week are looked at.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    Aye, far from it. We're actually in a pretty good place after the events of the past week are looked at.
    Indeed

@hibs.net private member Godsahibby's Avatar
    I think he needs to start tomorrow. If he is dropped then will definitely be a sign of weakness. Play him, business as usual. Fair enough Scott you have handed in a transfer request but you are our player and we have made our position clear now go out and be a professional. By playing him it shows the club are still behind him and it is a fk you to sevco.

@hibs.net private member
    It seems like we got it right on the Scott Allan saga and im excited about he signing of McGinn I also think the payers buy into Stubbs footballing philosophy so IMO were moving in the right direction

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: torto7062
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunny1875 View Post
    He is our player he signed a contract so YES, if he is not able to perform to a decent standard he can always be dropped

Agreed......now play him because it puts him in the shop window

GGTTH

@hibs.net private member Argylehibby's Avatar

I didn't say we were, I said Montrose will fancy their chances because they will feel that we are.

I'm pretty sure that the Montrose manager will be drumming it into his players that there is in fighting in our dressing room, that the crowd will be on the back of our star player maybe before a ball is kicked, morale will be low, got tanked last week by our rivals etc. etc. and all the time talking up their chances to his players.

Quote Originally Posted by Argylehibby View Post
    I didn't say we were, I said Montrose will fancy their chances because they will feel that we are.

I'm pretty sure that the Montrose manager will be drumming it into his players that there is in fighting in our dressing room, that the crowd will be on the back of our star player maybe before a ball is kicked, morale will be low, got tanked last week by our rivals etc. etc. and all the time talking up their chances to his players.
    He can say all he wants, but it's Montrose, so he better have some imagination.....

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Any player that wears our famous green and white I'll support. With the crowd set to be smaller than usual. Perfect time I'd say for Stubbs to play Allan .

GGTTH
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH

Scott Allan basically has 2 choices, he a) goes in a sulk at not getting his "dream move" and starts slaking off in defiance or b) he accepts hibs decision not to sell him, he puts it behind him and he concentrates on having another great season for hibs thus giving him plenty clubs interested in him come next summer.

I seriously hope he is mature enough to go with the latter. Sulking and making life difficult will only be detrimental to his career as I firmly believe Stubbs will not let him away with that and have him benched therefore he looses match fitness and is not getting the same recognition. Additionally I believe it will put some clubs off wanting to buy him, no club (certainly not the bigger clubs) wants huffy, bratty trouble making players in their dressing room.

Of course we are !!

Hibs board issuing positive statements of intent. Manager signing a contract extension. Signing of a few decent players. What a shambles !!!!