hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: Should Scott Allan play for Hibs again?

Voters
371. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

241 64.96%
  • No

130 35.04%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    IMO he should NEVER play for us again. In fact , the only way he should be allowed to wear a Hibs strip again is if he goes to the Club shop and buys one.
    Yes he is a good player, very good. Now having said that, it is Stubbs decision and if he chooses to play the wee rat, I for one will never cheer him or acknowledge anything he does, Have never booed any player wearing the green but feel it better just to ignore him.
    Oh, and him issuing any apology in the press would mean nothing, to me anyway, just him looking for an easy time until Jan comes and he signs a pre-contract with the hun and this starts all over again.
    The name on the front of the jersey is more important than that on the back [and I don't mean the sponsors ]

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough
    No

He never said he doesn't want to play for us,just he'd rather play for another so until that time comes its a yes from me

PS can't vote on ma bloody phone

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Auld Git View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    IMO he should NEVER play for us again. In fact , the only way he should be allowed to wear a Hibs strip again is if he goes to the Club shop and buys one.
    Yes he is a good player, very good. Now having said that, it is Stubbs decision and if he chooses to play the wee rat, I for one will never cheer him or acknowledge anything he does, Have never booed any player wearing the green but feel it better just to ignore him.
    Oh, and him issuing any apology in the press would mean nothing, to me anyway, just him looking for an easy time until Jan comes and he signs a pre-contract with the hun and this starts all over again.
    The name on the front of the jersey is more important than that on the back [and I don't mean the sponsors ]
    Now I know why your user name is what it is ;)

Stubbs will know what's best as he sees him every day.

If he's in the team that means he's been cooperating so he should get out full backing for 90 minutes. Leave the other stuff at the door.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bukta#8 View Post
    No
    I actually voted NO earlier this morning but I have changed my mind. There are now only two ways IMO that Hibs can rescue anything from this whole sorry saga.

1. Sell AS to anyone except Sevco and use the funds to supplement the team (just can't see many clubs taking a chance on him now).

2. Get SA to see sense and play out his contract and help us get out of this league - can AS straighten out SA's head enough for this to happen?

I see more chance (just a little mind you) that no. 2 is the more likely scenario. I can't change my vote but I can change my mind.
    Last edited by CockneyRebel; 29-07-2015 at 06:48 PM.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Cant vote on my phone but nope i wouldnt play him, he has caused a lot of unrest at the club recently

I voted yes.

Much as I want to see the back of him he is a very good player and we cant afford to leave talent like that on the bench. Having said that if for two seconds he looks like he isn't trying then he can sod off and rot. The manager of Birmingham City had a pretty low opinion of his attitude when on loan from West Brom, if he acted like that during his dream chance to make it big down south it doesn't bode well for us ( or him ) if he takes the same approach this time.

Left by mutual consent!
    of course he should play again , starting on Saturday,,

He is our player , he is being payed by us and he's the best player we have,, It's a no-brainer..

IF selected Scott Allan will be professional and play to the best of his abilities...

Yes. For as long as Hibs employ him he should be expected to honour his contract and train and play to the best of his ability.

@hibs.net private member Malthibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Public apology to the fans
    Private apology to his teammates, manager, coaching staff.
    Signs a new contract - don't want him back in the team just to sign for the huns in January.
    Gets rid of his agent.

That should just about do it. As things currently stand, he can rot for a year.
    What he said - no good for the team now.

I hope he doesn't. Having said that I won't be booing him if he does.

Quote Originally Posted by Malthibby View Post
    What he said - no good for the team now.
    Absolute rubbish -the team don't give a tosh-he's the best player.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Absolute rubbish -the team don't give a tosh-he's the best player.

I'm not sure. It'll depend on his attitude/behaviour.

Quote Originally Posted by peter douglas View Post
    Stubbs will know what's best as he sees him every day.

If he's in the team that means he's been cooperating so he should get out full backing for 90 minutes. Leave the other stuff at the door.
    Quote Originally Posted by PISTOL1875 View Post
    of course he should play again , starting on Saturday,,

He is our player , he is being payed by us and he's the best player we have,, It's a no-brainer..

IF selected Scott Allan will be professional and play to the best of his abilities...

Totally agree - Maybe a Few Months in Reserves - But IMO - I Reckon he will be a Newco player !!! soon

@hibs.net private member
    Good to see the majority of supporters backing a Hibs player. Wonder if the Daily Record and Sun will report that.

If Stubbs wants him to still play he should play. He's a pro and i have no doubt he'd still do the same he'd done for the last year. Ofcourse this means when he doesn't track or mark his man (as he has done all year) he'll get dogs abuse. Fans will be much less forgiving now.

I'd certainly play him v Montrose as he should be able to walk that game.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gloryhunter View Post
    I actually voted NO earlier this morning but I have changed my mind. There are now only two ways IMO that Hibs can rescue anything from this whole sorry saga.

1. Sell AS to anyone except Sevco and use the funds to supplement the team (just can't see many clubs taking a chance on him now).

2. Get SA to see sense and play out his contract and help us get out of this league - can AS straighten out SA's head enough for this to happen?

I see more chance (just a little mind you) that no. 2 is the more likely scenario. I can't change my vote but I can change my mind.

This is exactly where we are.

But I'm more confident that SA will stay and play for us.

Celtc will be having cold feet, surely, if they were ever interested in the first place.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    He's our best player and unless he fancies a move to the English Championship or Celtic he's not going anywhere. He should play every game.

If this gets sorted and he trains well then yes he should play. We need all the help we can get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by mca View Post
    Totally agree - Maybe a Few Months in Reserves - But IMO - I Reckon he will be a Newco player !!! soon
    What else can the club say to tell you that he won't be going to them??

'S' Form
    Yes he should IF STUBBSY thinks thats what is best for Hibs.

Remember any negativity directed at Allan before during or after a game could and will affect the whole team.

Everything Peter Houston said about him seems to be true, he seems to have no loyalty and is motivated only by money. However he is a good player and could be a great player pity the same can't be said about him as a person. you could say he is young and might learn from this however he has made the same mistakes in the past and hasnt learned from that.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Yes of course he should, if he remains at Hibs then he is too good a player to leave out. Love the bile aimed at a player and everyone referring to him being under contract as if that really means anything. Then a manager who also is still under contract has a bad run and the same folk want them emptied pronto, contract forgotten about!

First Team Breakthrough
    No from me, if he wants away open the door and let him go. He is a decent player but players come and go, if he goes we replace him and carry on

Who knows where his head is right now?

Alan Stubbs, hopefully.

Stubbs picks the team. if he thinks he should play, he plays. If not, he doesn't.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    I'm not pleased with what he did, but if we're keeping him so we have a better chance of winning the league, then he needs to play.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Yes he should play again. Our best player - why not? It didn't affect Scott Brown too badly in 2007.

@hibs.net private member Libby Hibby's Avatar
    Yes he should, if he withdraws his transfer request and commits to Hibs publicly for the season, I have no issues

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mca View Post
    Based on what? And resulting in untold upheaval for the club. I reckon you're miles wild of the mark.

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    Of course he should play ludicrous to suggest anything else

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk