hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: Should Scott Allan play for Hibs again?

Voters
371. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

241 64.96%
  • No

130 35.04%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Paisley Hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Exactly. This is all playing exactly as his agent and The Rangers want it to. Our best response would be to calm down and trust Stubbs to manage this. If he wants to play SA that's fine by me.

By the way,I coukdn't help smiling when I saw the current results of this poll. The folk who are right are at 45%
    **** I hope I am not now considered one of the 45 ;)

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    I also think he should be playing. He's still our player.

Doesn't change the fact that he's a dirty wee hun rat, but **** him. He isn't going to be playing for them this season so he best get used to it.

Scott Allan has handed in a Transfer request; nothing more, nothing less.

I can't possibly see how that merits the suggestion that he should never play for Hibs again.

Fans deciding that they've gone off the guy, and demanding he never plays, is playing right into the hands of DerHun and their mates in the Media.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    Scott Allan has handed in a Transfer request; nothing more, nothing less.

I can't possibly see how that merits the suggestion that he should never play for Hibs again.

Fans deciding that they've gone off the guy, and demanding he never plays, is playing right into the hands of DerHun and their mates in the Media.
    Absolutely these things happen and fans are so fickle if he were to start on Saturday and score a couple he would be popular again.

@hibs.net private member Dalianwanda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yes (if Stubbs thinks he's able)

Heart - No
    Head - Yes.

As Hibs fans, if we let our heads rule our hearts, we'd all have jacked this in a while ago, so - for the one and only time I'll say this - it's a win for "Hearts" for me

Will however trust Stubbs' judgement on the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    Rather offer Rudi Skacel a five-year deal to come out of retirement as opposed to seeing that little rodent in a Hibs top again.
    You've just taken that too far!

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    If he plays to the same standard then yes.

He's a hibs player, we are paying his wages so until that changes he should be playing and helping us win games. I trust Stubbs and if Stubbs feels that Scott isn't pulling his weight or isn't giving his best then he will be dropped.

@hibs.net private member
    I think the answer to this is really simple, if he is training hard and working hard, then he plays. If not, he doesn't

Not playing him is just giving in to his demands, sell him to Celtic as punishment

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    I think the answer to this is really simple, if he is training hard and working hard, then he plays. If not, he doesn't
    Think the other players and squad moral might have a bearing on whether he plays for Hibs again. Then again, maybe LD will do a Vlad and insist that SA is dropped or sent to the Salt Mines😳

@hibs.net private member stu in nottingham's Avatar
    Like any other player,he should be available for selection. If selected and he doesn't perform well for any reason then he should be relegated to the subs bench then the development team. If he doesn't show that he has the professionalism to give 100% and earn the money he is being paid he can sit it out and forgo his appearance money and bonus payments.
    FAITH HOPE LOVE

My Blog:
    The Tears of a Clown

Not a chance in hell.

Doesn't want to play for us, he doesn't play.

He's no interested - if we can't get rid, he trains on own and is banned from ER on match days.

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    Play him. If he doesn't perform, drop him.

Testimonial Due Tha Cabbage Kid's Avatar
    i voted yes. i think the lad is young and has been advised wrong by his agent, who without a doubt, is looking out for himself.

I think Allan has made a bad decision but im sure the most imortant thing for him is to play football. if he plays badly he wont be picked up. if he plays out of his skin he will get picked up earlier. for some reason he has put in a transfer request knowing we wont sell him the the huns. so why do it? i have no idea.

id put it down to his agent. remember he is still a young lad.

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    Scott Allan should be kept around as much as possible to remind our players just how vile the huns are and what dirty tricks they have played. He should become a mascot motivating our team to win the league in spite of what Sevco have done. Play him if he merits it but keep him close anyway while he serves his self-imprisonment.

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    Yes he should. The worst case scenario was he signed for the Huns. The second worst was they don't get him but he doesn't play for us. Either way it suits who will be our closest promotion rivals and weakens us. So get him sorted out, an apology, a good interview and get him playing. If he's not doing it then drop him the remainder of his contract.

Suarez had the same nonsense before his last season at Anfield with Arsenal and Barca sniffing around and handed in a transfer request. It was refused and he didn't half get on with the job.

Nail on head. If we just discard him then they have won anyway.
    If he is still with us he should be in the team. If it then turns out he ain't performing he gets dropped just like anyone else.

@hibs.net private member
    I think some of the hysteria is playing into The Rangers hands a bit. Scott Allan is a gifted player, it's understandable that The Rangers want to sign him. He also followed Rangers as a boy and The Rangers seem to have a close tie to this now defunct club, so maybe it's understandable that he would want to sign for them too. What is out of order is the fact that The Rangers and their media friends are coordinating a campaign to pressure Hibs into letting him go even though the terms are not acceptable to us. If Hibs tell The Rangers to bolt and Allan that he's not going anywhere and that he needs to fight for his place in the Hibs team, we should take it at face value and then hopefully things will settle down again and we can get on with the business of getting our club back in the Premier League.

If he doesn't want to play for Hibs anymore then the answer is clearly NO.

The fact that he has now submitted a transfer request, and the timing of it, is ample evidence of his wishes. I can understand any player wanting to move elsewhere to help make his family financially better off / more secure, but would one season at Hibs really be too much to expect from Scott Allan?

I would really like to hear it from Scott Allan. Right from the horse's mouth as it were.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Baader View Post
    Yes he should. The worst case scenario was he signed for the Huns. The second worst was they don't get him but he doesn't play for us. Either way it suits who will be our closest promotion rivals and weakens us. So get him sorted out, an apology, a good interview and get him playing. If he's not doing it then drop him the remainder of his contract.

Suarez had the same nonsense before his last season at Anfield with Arsenal and Barca sniffing around and handed in a transfer request. It was refused and he didn't half get on with the job.
    To be frank the league we find our club in is full of crap teams. Us and sevco will, I am sure, finish 1st and 2nd if we apply ourselves. First would be great but second and in a play-off with Partick, Ross County or Dundee would do me just fine. With or without SA I look forward to Premier football next season.

I said No, but if AS thinks he's in the right frame of mind and is fit, the let him play!

I am in a minority, possibly of one, but I actually think he is a little overrated and this is a view I have held through much of last season. He has obvious skill, great, fast feet but his end product leaves something to be desired.

That said and as contradictory as this may seem I would still play him as long as we are paying him. We need all our players fit and able to played when Stubbs might need them and it would not look for Stubbs if he was seen to not play him but have to 'swallow his pride' and play him due to injuries or suspensions.

Whilst here Allan still has a part to play and can still contribute to our title challenge.

I could even understand somewhat his 'ambition' if it was to a decent English club or even Celtic, which would at least guarantee a couple of qualifying games in Europe and a title medal, but to Scottish Championship Rangers? Hardly lofty aims! Not sure if he has even expressed a desire to play for Rangers and maybe he is just using this situation to engineer a move elsewhere. I hope that Hibs are actively seeking to move him on, just not to our divisional rivals. Swap for LG? Ok, tongue in cheek.

But again, whilst here, Stubbs should utilise him.

Play him against montrose and see what happens. Can alway hook him at half time if needs be. Should still be good enough to win the game either way.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SanFranHibs View Post
    I am in a minority, possibly of one, but I actually think he is a little overrated and this is a view I have held through much of last season. He has obvious skill, great, fast feet but his end product leaves something to be desired.

That said and as contradictory as this may seem I would still play him as long as we are paying him. We need all our players fit and able to played when Stubbs might need them and it would not look for Stubbs if he was seen to not play him but have to 'swallow his pride' and play him due to injuries or suspensions.

Whilst here Allan still has a part to play and can still contribute to our title challenge.

I could even understand somewhat his 'ambition' if it was to a decent English club or even Celtic, which would at least guarantee a couple of qualifying games in Europe and a title medal, but to Scottish Championship Rangers? Hardly lofty aims! Not sure if he has even expressed a desire to play for Rangers and maybe he is just using this situation to engineer a move elsewhere. I hope that Hibs are actively seeking to move him on, just not to our divisional rivals. Swap for LG? Ok, tongue in cheek.

You're not in a minority of one, some of the hype around this player has been OTT.

However, us fans love to invest our hopes in a player and after the rubbish we've suffered it was great to have one who could get us off our seats again.

Assuming he doesn't leave, I hope he will play a big role for us this season.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Allan can do one as far as i'm concerned. Would much rather start one of the youngsters on Saturday than play him.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

First Team Regular Billy McKirdy's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: N?A Wii Code: N?A
    I voted yes.

As much as his transfer request has pissed me right off he remains a Hibs player and as such will get my full backing whenever he pulls on our colours.
    I understand why many fans want him to gtf but he is still one of our best players and should play.

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    As long as does the business on the park . But any half decent bid ( Huns excluded) 👋

GGTTH
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by SanFranHibs View Post

I agree and made the point on another thread that there had been no rush of interest from any clubs apart from rangers. Now if he was at such a high level I would have expected others to be sniffing around.