hibs.net Messageboard

Lets get out of this division..

To the Hibs team: Today is done and dusted, and thankfully we won't have to concern ourselves with a tournament we shouldn't be playing in. You're playing for Hibs, and we shouldn't be in this division. We're an SPL team - Get us the hell out of here!!!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Agreed. No points dropped today, at least.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    It won't be easy, but it needs to happen. Two years in the Championship is more than enough. We'll need to be ready come the start of the league and make a good start, so as to avoid a repeat of last season, when we were never in the contest for automatic promotion.
    Last edited by Hibernia&Alba; 25-07-2015 at 05:15 PM.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

After todays effort its going to be through the playoffs or league reconstruction IMHO

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scuttle View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    After todays effort its going to be through the playoffs or league reconstruction IMHO
    Let's not go overboard, scuttle. As bad as today was, a ball hasn't been kicked yet in the league campaign, and things can look very different very quickly. Naturally things look bleak straight after the final whistle of a result like today's, but let's wait and see. The Rangers are going to be the challenge.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    Let's not go overboard, scuttle. As bad as today was, a ball hasn't been kicked yet in the league campaign, and things can look very different very quickly. Naturally things look bleak straight after the final whistle of a result like today's, but let's wait and see. The Rangers are going to be the challenge.
    Exactly. Today was a disappointing result and it will obviously give rangers a massive boost going into the new season. But time to put it behind us and move on, at least the petrofac cup is now out the way (we don't need any extra games added to our season).

Big big season ahead. The huns have shown that they are going to be a difficult challenge but once we have players fit again we should be able to trouble them again.

Yeh ..... Screw today, an unacceptable result in any circumstances but its done, lets hope the next time we meet its a very different Hibs team. One things for sure, we now have a bloody point to prove.

Football fans eh, there's naebody like them. At final whistle today there were some falling just short of slashing their wrists, most very angry, some saying "I'll never be back" "Disgraceful," "Embarrassed" etc etc [and they are the ones I can write about without being censored], now, a matter of hours later we have posters saying " forget it, at least we didn't lose any points, it was a diddy cup anyway and we don't need any extra games. [All valid enough points], come Wednesday [at latest] and most of us will once again be upbeat and actually looking forward to the Montrose cup-tie. We football supporters really are a resiliant lot, as the song says ---"I get knocked down, but I get up again, you're never gonna keep me down.....]. Oh the joys of being a football supporter.

First Team Breakthrough Soldiersteve's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Auld Git View Post
    Football fans eh, there's naebody like them. At final whistle today there were some falling just short of slashing their wrists, most very angry, some saying "I'll never be back" "Disgraceful," "Embarrassed" etc etc [and they are the ones I can write about without being censored], now, a matter of hours later we have posters saying " forget it, at least we didn't lose any points, it was a diddy cup anyway and we don't need any extra games. [All valid enough points], come Wednesday [at latest] and most of us will once again be upbeat and actually looking forward to the Montrose cup-tie. We football supporters really are a resiliant lot, as the song says ---"I get knocked down, but I get up again, you're never gonna keep me down.....]. Oh the joys of being a football supporter.
    Grumpy, I wasn't there today but like you, I've seen a few hammering in my time! Like you, I'll be back for more....

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The problem today isn't the effect it will have on Hibs, we'll get that sorted on the training ground and when the new signings come in should kick on.

The big problem is the massive boost it has givien Rangers, their players and their fans. Their tails will be up and it could see their season tickets going up as a result as well.

Massive own goal today Hibs.

First Team Regular
    But these things work both ways. If they believe it's going to be a pleasure cruise then so much the better.

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfDavidFrancey View Post
    But these things work both ways. If they believe it's going to be a pleasure cruise then so much the better.
    They certainly do. Some of them are even going on about how any honest Celtic fans will be worried after their performance today.