hibs.net Messageboard

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The thing that was worrying me, was quite a lot of folk were talking up our chances even though i personally dont think we are as strong now as we were last season.

And they were basing this on The Rangers being weaker and having no money to spend. Well they have spent money assembling a team, and are willing to spend more.

The Rangers even on today's performance are no world beaters, but we need to improve dramatically to get anywhere near what we saw today.
    Have to be, it was the same players that played today [ok if you want to be pedantic with the exception of Scott Martin]

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Auld Git View Post
    Have to be, it was the same players that played today [ok if you want to be pedantic with the exception of Scott Martin]

Aye because we often started with Stanton and Martin in the midfield, and Allan up front for over an hour. And Scott allan was normally a sub we sent on when we were playing catchup against Sevco??

Left by mutual consent!
    The thing that was worrying me, was quite a lot of folk were talking up our chances even though i personally dont think we are as strong now as we were last season.

And they were basing this on The Rangers being weaker and having no money to spend. Well they have spent money assembling a team, and are willing to spend more.

The Rangers even on today's performance are no world beaters, but we need to improve dramatically to get anywhere near what we saw today.
    Our first team is as strong but you're right, our depth just isn't good enough yet. It will be though.

Hibs were the better side first half. And 6-2 flattered. We'll be ready for them next time.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    They were solid, kept their shape, knew their jobs.

That Hibs first 11 will never be our first 11 this season - but we had no shape second half that was a concern. Fyvie didn't take control and calm things down, neither did Fontaine, your experienced pros you look to to get the team calm again.

Indeed at 3-1, had Lewis not made a pigs ear of the cut back we could have been back in it much earlier and competing again in a composed way. Killer goal, and the worst to concede for me, was the 4th. Boy Halliday had all the time in the world to take, look up, place and score. Not one midfielder pressing him - embarrassing.

After the 4th it was keep ball from The Rangers and like you say, gifted goals as the heads were down.
    Completely agree third and fourth goals were genuinely pub league.

@hibs.net private member
    Aye because we often started with Stanton and Martin in the midfield, and Allan up front for over an hour. And Scott allan was normally a sub we sent on when we were playing catchup against Sevco??
    And Hanlon in midfield

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunatic#7 View Post
    Our first team is as strong but you're right, our depth just isn't good enough yet. It will be though.

Hibs were the better side first half. And 6-2 flattered. We'll be ready for them next time.
    I think we need to see how we have done replacing Robertson and McGeough before we can say our first team is just as strong.

Just reading on twitter Forster could be out for 3 weeks with hamstring injury.

I don't think I've seen an injury list like this

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    I've just re-watched most of the match, that performance today was right up there with some of the shockers under Butcher, Calderwood and the likes.

We must win against Dumbarton in the league.

The bit in bold. This can't be right surely? I kept reading on this forum that The Rangers were skint and they had no money.

Quote Originally Posted by emerald green View Post
    The bit in bold. This can't be right surely? I kept reading on this forum that The Rangers were skint and they had no money.
    They are skint (at least in comparison to their previous incarnation and their Glesga pals) but they have definitely improved on today's showing.

Quote Originally Posted by SunnyLeith View Post
    They are skint (at least in comparison to their previous incarnation and their Glesga pals) but they have definitely improved on today's showing.
    What exactly do you mean by "skint" then?

Where has the money come from to pay for the (three year I think) contracts of a new management team, and the several players they have already signed, plus making a bid (albeit derisory) for Scott Allan. A sum Hibs amongst many other clubs can only dream about offering for a player's signature.

I cannot believe someone like Warburton, with his financial background in the City of London, would agree to take up his post knowing he possibly might not get paid! Would their new signings, and their agents, agree to sign for The Rangers if they were "skint".

I would be very surprised if they had the financial clout of Celtic, but that applies to every other team in Scotland.

I didn't actually think Sevco were that great. We just collapsed.
    Same problem as last year though. Didn't take our chances when we were on top.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875

Where has the money come from to pay for the (three year I think) contracts of a new management team, and the several players they have already signed, plus making a bid (albeit derisory) for Scott Allan. A sum Hibs amongst many other clubs can only dream about offering for a player's signature.

I cannot believe someone like Warburton, with his financial background in the City of London, would agree to take up his post knowing he possibly might not get paid! Would their new signings, and their agents, agree to sign for The Rangers if they were "skint".

I would be very surprised if they had the financial clout of Celtic, but that applies to every other team in Scotland.
    It's all a load of pish

They released how many players , 10? Their wage bill is probably lower than it was last season. H

Of course they have more financial clout than us. That will always be the case , but they are shopping in a market not too far from us IMO which is lower Championship / league 1 and 2.

They never had (or have) any intention of buying Scott Allan as they would know we won't sell for anything less that around 500k and they don't have that kind of money. Their aim was to disrupt their closest rivals best player and it appear to have worked.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    They released how many players , 10? Their wage bill is probably lower than it was last season. H

Of course they have more financial clout than us. That will always be the case , but they are shopping in a market not too far from us IMO which is lower Championship / league 1 and 2.

They never had (or have) any intention of buying Scott Allan as they would know we won't sell for anything less that around 500k and they don't have that kind of money. Their aim was to disrupt their closest rivals best player and it appear to have worked.
    How do you know this?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    How do you know this?
    Possibly an educated guess given they've been signing free transfers from Wigan (AFAIK), or picking up players for nominal fees like Holt. I think if they had more money to spend then they'd likely have been spending it.

I don't know if they've got money or not, given the paltry terms they offered for Allan though, it hardly smacks of them being flush...

At a guess, I'd say they have more money than us though, even if they only used season ticket money with no other investment that would be the case.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

How do you know this?
    They offered what £175,000? They knew fine well it's miles from what we would accept and then leaked it to the press to unsettle SA. It's worked.

We will find out in the next week if they have the money or not. If they really want SA, and it would certainly be hugely popular with their fans, they will cough up a higher price and no doubt leak it out again. My guess is this won't happen.

Add to the fact Allan would be looking for a good wedge and they would want him on a lengthy contract you are probably looking at £2 million plus for the deal. We shall see.

So if their wage bill is probably lower than it was last season, how does that translate into them being skint? They have more financial clout than Hibs, but they are skint. So what does that make Hibs?

FWIW, their wage bill is probably not all that different to what it was last season I suspect, but I don't know that for a fact. I'm not party to that sort of information. I don't know what the terms of their new players contracts are for example. That's usually private & confidential. I'm not sure if they have settled with McCoist either. I heard they had been paying him ridiculous money. So again I ask what do you mean by "skint"?

I'm not so sure they would make an offer for Allan, then increase that offer once it was rejected, purely with the intention of disrupting their closest rivals best player. I think they genuinely wanted to sign Allan, and still do. The fact that it may have caused problems for Hibs is of course an added bonus for them.

I'm not defending them BTW. Disgusting, arrogant sectarian club and supporters.