hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 190 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    He is going NOWHERE this Summer, how many people including the man himself need to state this.

2. Log in to remove the advert

If anyone offered £1m for Allan Hibs I think would bite their hand off! The Rangers don't have £1m so that's them out. Also Hibs would have to really think hard about the impact selling a player like Allan to them would have on the fans.

They have built many broken bridges and the fans have stuck with the club even though they kept prices high when relegated and not only that we didn't go up. So if they did do the unthinkable (which i personally don't think they will) then I can see fans chucking it once and for all. Because if The Rangers got him and won the league, it would be the biggest slap in the face for us in a long time.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    For me it's not about finances, the big concern for me is player power. If the Huns turn his head with a good offer and he wants to go then it's difficult to keep him, particularly if he starts making noises about signing a pre-contract agreement.

Obviously we can hold him to his contract but we need to weigh up the impact of having an unsettled player.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Has anyone said we should sell him for the money?

We should definitely keep him this season, I'd rather that than sell him.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Put yourself in Stubbs' shoes.

Say a £1m offer was made for Alan and you're given the choice - either hold on to him or use the money to add 3-4 players to the squad at £3-4k per week.

What do you do?
    I'd take the Football Manager disc out and go back to work.

No chance are we paying a player £3-4k a week! Never mind 3 or four of them

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    If anyone offered £1m for Allan Hibs I think would bite their hand off! The Rangers don't have £1m so that's them out. Also Hibs would have to really think hard about the impact selling a player like Allan to them would have on the fans.

They have built many broken bridges and the fans have stuck with the club even though they kept prices high when relegated and not only that we didn't go up. So if they did do the unthinkable (which i personally don't think they will) then I can see fans chucking it once and for all. Because if The Rangers got him and won the league, it would be the biggest slap in the face for us in a long time.
    This 100%. I personally believe though that Dempster will understand the impact that selling Allan to rangers would have. She's not stupid, she knows full well that selling him to our biggest rivals this season would undo a lot of the good the club has done.

No amount of money is worth spending a third season in this division.
    Could we have a Scott Allan mega thread? Getting a bit messy on main board.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    I already posted this on another thread. If the manager was to get the entire fee if Alan is sold, what would make us a better team?

Scott Alan or say 4 players at £3-4k/week?

100% football question.

why would he want to spend another 2 years in a lower division by going to the buns?

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by My Wife Camille View Post
    I'd take the Football Manager disc out and go back to work.

No chance are we paying a player £3-4k a week! Never mind 3 or four of them
    Why not?

How do you know?

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    No amount of money is worth spending a third season in this division.
    Could we have a Scott Allan mega thread? Getting a bit messy on main board.
    And then bin the whole lot, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post

He won't be sold to Derhun. Makes your second sentence rather pointless.
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    He's repeatedly said he wants to stay till the end of his contract. He couldn't have made it clearer. I've no idea how you've come to the conclusion you have.

I have....

Testimonial Due Tha Cabbage Kid's Avatar
    If rangers could they would have signed Jason holt as would we but neither of us have the money. they wont get SA for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    He won't be sold to Derhun. Makes your second sentence rather pointless.
    As I said I don't think they will either. But it's not up to me and if it did happen then my last sentence is valid!

It's just an effort by a Glaswegian paper to give Rangers fans something they want to read. They like to think of themselves as a big club who are in a position to take players off others using cash and the fact that players simply want to play for them. It's classic "giving your mind a treat" stuff.

We might have sold if we were bumbling along in the top tier but we aren't. The situation is totally different to anything that's happened before and would harm us a lot more than any previous transfer.

It's not going to happen this season.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quite simply if Scott Allan is sold to Rangers this season then this will be my last season ticket. I don't make that Statement lightly.

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    Quite simply if Scott Allan is sold to Rangers this season then this will be my last season ticket. I don't make that Statement lightly.
    And how many others would say that?

It's a gamble that simply isn't worth the risk. The money we would lose from hacked off fans and probably another year down here would more than offset the pittance Sevco could afford to give us.

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    The most they could offer is a pile of crumpled up £20 notes thrown at him during corners.

Quote Originally Posted by peter douglas View Post
    And how many others would say that?

It's a gamble that simply isn't worth the risk. The money we would lose from hacked off fans and probably another year down here would more than offset the pittance Sevco could afford to give us.
    I'm not paying into HSL to see the club sell our best player to our nearest rivals! I'm sure many others feel the same

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey09 View Post
    Where do I start with this post?!!! Erm...
    L

@hibs.net private member staunchhibby's Avatar
    I would lose all faith in the board if they sell Scott Allan to Rangers

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    . Hibs should just come out and say he's going nowhere. SA can't afford to down tools as he's only had 1 good season in his career. He needs to keep playing to keep himself in the shop window. For Hibs to sell him we be a major let down. It would effect ST sales, HSL membership and general good will towards the club.
    Hibs and SA have said on numerous occasions he is staying and i for one believe them

[QUOTE=RagingReality;4416482]Option A: 1 million from Hibs' direct rivals for our best player. Gives us money to spend on players worse than our best player, and immediately strengthens our direct rivals.

Option B: Hibs refuse to sell our best player to our direct rivals, giving us our best player for another season and a better chance of being promoted, meaning we will get as much money in the long run as if we sold our best player to our direct rivals.

It's not rocket science - unless we are really REALLY ****ing stupid (or Petrie tries to stick his nose in) we will NOT sell. It would be suicide in terms of our chances this season and the club's relationship with the fans.[/Q

Or C. sell him to a higher bidder in the english championship.

I wonder if he has a amount written into his contract that would allow him to speak to other clubs?

@hibs.net private member offshorehibby's Avatar
    I can't see why people are getting their knickers in a twist over an article some weegie rags. Hibs have done nothing wrong here and it seems from some it's Hibs that are getting it tight.
    TOP CASH BACK
    The easy way to make money

[QUOTE=gegs70;4416668]
    Quote Originally Posted by RagingReality View Post
    I wonder if he has a amount written into his contract that would allow him to speak to other clubs?
    @Kenny_Millar: Rangers will have to stump up serious money to even tempt Hibs into talking. No buy-out clause. https://t.co/SWBwlqlpHA

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Source?
    One more time AS and SA have both said he is staying How many times do they have to say it befire it gets through to some people ffs

I already posted this on another thread. If the manager was to get the entire fee if Alan is sold, what would make us a better team?

100% football question.
    The problem is we traditionally do ok for numbers of players. What we lack is any of real quality. If we sell SA we would be losing the only real class in this act.

The price of 750k or 1m isn't a good value deal for a player on a limited contract. It is the price we'll have sold our promotion hopes for.

He must see out his contract. This isn't an accountancy decision it is a football one.

If rangers come in with any bid they can duck right off. If SA comes out a couple of days before the end of the window asking to leave, then he can duck off as well........right to the reserves. If said it before. Would rather sell him for 500k to anyone rather than sell him to der hun for a million.

100% football question.
    I don't think it would be that easy! Losing a player of Allan's ability and replacing it with players who aren't as good doesn't won't make us stronger! Add in the fact the fans would go crazy, Hibs would be commiting football suicide if you ask me!

My season ticket would be handed back if we sold him to our closest rivals for the league.