hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 190 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Biggie's Avatar
    when have hibs ever NOT hitched their skirt up when a club comes sniffing around ?.......if the huns offer £1m we will accept for a player in the last year of his contract. £1M to hibs would be heaven sent in current climate.

Pretty pissed off, but no more than when we sold O'Connor, or Riordan......or O'rourke, Stanton, Cropley....Stein, Baker
    "I don't have any regrets about not moving during my playing career. I was born a Hibee, my dad was a Hibee, I will stay a Hibee and I'll die a Hibee." -Lawrie Reilly

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough
    The fact is Warburton was at the dunfermline game. According to the sun that means he was looking at SA. In reality he was probably watching his teams biggest rivals for the title.

@hibs.net private member
    . Hibs should just come out and say he's going nowhere. SA can't afford to down tools as he's only had 1 good season in his career. He needs to keep playing to keep himself in the shop window. For Hibs to sell him we be a major let down. It would effect ST sales, HSL membership and general good will towards the club.
    Last edited by lucky; 21-07-2015 at 11:50 AM.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    I'm a trusting person, believe what I read, so SA is going nowhere in the foreseeable future ------------------ RIGHT?!

Anything over 1.5 million I'll drive Scotty there myself. As good as he is I'm sure Stubbsy could replace for that sort of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Hfc_Since1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know Ciftci is a good player.... but why should we have the attitude that £750k is decent for a player with a year to go when Dundee Utd received £1.5m for Ciftci who was in the same situation?
    Ciftci has played what 2 or 3 seasons in the SPL and scored goals. Allan to date has played a very good season in the 2nd tier of Scottish football against (majority) part time players.

Let's not kid ourselves there is NO loyalty left in contracts, if Rangers offer £500k plus for him then I think his head will be turned & he may ask to speak to them at least.

He can sign a pre contract in January, if that was to happen that would have an impact on the remainder of the season.

At this momemt in time it appears to be all paper talk so hopefully it remains that way.

I would take £1M from any team other than one in our division.

I'd be more worried about a The Rangers player trying to crock Scott on Saturday than them spending any money on him.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Can we stop all this please? Almost as if half the people on here are wishing him away.

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomoseven View Post
    Can we stop all this please? Almost as if half the people on here are wishing him away.
    more than half....sadly. If he gets sold then it will all be down to them. Karma!!

Left by mutual consent!
    We've proven in the past that selling players doesn't always mean we use the money wisely.

Taking that into account, Scott Allan isn't worth selling. He brings far more to us than £1m ever will. Triple that at least for the huns and we might be talking.

Scott Allan - I'm a football fan not an accountant. Are you?

I'm a football fan.
    We have a smashing player with a touch if class, a touch of arrogance, the most enjoyable football since 2007 for me.
    Let's build the team round Scott Allan, stop trying to suss out financial value and just enjoy this gem of a guy in a Hibs jersey.
    A great season of football lies ahead, with a midfield pair of Allan and Fyvie. Glory glory!!

Quote Originally Posted by Springbank View Post
    I'm a football fan.
    We have a smashing player with a touch if class, a touch of arrogance, the most enjoyable football since 2007 for me.
    Let's build the team round Scott Allan, stop trying to suss out financial value and just enjoy this gem of a guy in a Hibs jersey.
    A great season of football lies ahead, with a midfield pair of Allan and Fyvie. Glory glory!!
    Spot on.

Players like Allan don't come round often on our budget so we should want to hang onto them when they do.

The chances of us being able to adequately replace him (transfer fee as well as wages) with any money we might get for him would be slim to none.

I say we enjoy him whilst he's here.

I think we should lodge a counter bid for Nicky Law and Lee Wallace.

Why not? - it would sure upset them and I'm sure our bid would have as much chance of being accepted as ra Huns supposed bid for SA.

Quote Originally Posted by jacomoseven View Post
    Exactly.

The club have said he's not going, the player has said he's not going, the only formal bid for him was thrown out in January, Rangers have yet to make an offer, the latest speculation seems based on Warburton being at East End Park on Saturday and journos putting 2+2 together.

As it stands nothing has changed from yesterday, last week or last month.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Yep, getting a transfer fee doesn't bother me whatsoever. I'd much rather keep him for the season and lose him for free as it'll give us a much better chance of promotion, which does bother me.

@hibs.net private member phoenixfire's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    I think we should lodge a counter bid for Nicky Law and Lee Wallace.

Why not? - it would sure upset them and I'm sure our bid would have as much chance of being accepted as ra Huns supposed bid for SA.
    What If we were unfortunate enough to have our bid accepted

@hibs.net private member
    The Rangers have only been signing out of contract players (mainly unwanted ones) so it would suggest they are not about to bid a million for Scotty.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixfire View Post
    What If we were unfortunate enough to have our bid accepted
    Fortunate or unfortunate?!

Public Announcement that Scott Allan will be going nowhere for anything less than £5 million.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gus View Post
    Ciftci has played what 2 or 3 seasons in the SPL and scored goals. Allan to date has played a very good season in the 2nd tier of Scottish football against (majority) part time players.

Let's not kid ourselves there is NO loyalty left in contracts, if Rangers offer £500k plus for him then I think his head will be turned & he may ask to speak to them at least.

He can sign a pre contract in January, if that was to happen that would have an impact on the remainder of the season.

At this momemt in time it appears to be all paper talk so hopefully it remains that way.
    There were only three part time teams in last seasons league.

£3.5m would probably get you the Hibs 1st team squad.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: torto7062
    Quote Originally Posted by scott7_0(Prague) View Post
    where do you get drink so early in the day?

🍻🍷🍸🍺⚽
    😂

If SA wanted to stay he just has to come out and say so!, he hasn't because he wants to go and join the huns, he's a supporter, he's a weejie and he will join them whether now or next season. This is a dilema for RP, he wants the money as usual, but he know's their will be a riot if he sells, particularly to the huns! By the way, where are all the interested parties, so far I heard that Ipswich were interested, but for a player supposed to be that good you would have thought we would have been fighting them off. Maybe they are a bit wary because he's been turning it on against part timers in the championship.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    If SA wanted to stay he just has to come out and say so!, he hasn't because he wants to go and join the huns, he's a supporter, he's a weejie and he will join them whether now or next season. This is a dilema for RP, he wants the money as usual, but he know's their will be a riot if he sells, particularly to the huns! By the way, where are all the interested parties, so far I heard that Ipswich were interested, but for a player supposed to be that good you would have thought we would have been fighting them off. Maybe they are a bit wary because he's been turning it on against part timers in the championship.
    Source?

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spike220 View Post
    I cant see SA going for anything less than 3.5m.

Given the importance to Hibs this season.

If we get promoted and he was to sign for longer and we developed him and he proves himself further, I think we would be looking for 6-8m for him.
    Take it you are on some good s**t if you think that.

If hibs were to sell Allan it may undo a lot of the good the club have done recently in building up a feel good factor and building up fans excitement again. The club is on a high atm, there is a real sense of optimism about the new season, ST sales are up, the new strips are flying off the shelves, the share issues seems to be going well etc. so to sell a key player like Allan could really put a downer on things.

If a club other than the huns offer very good money I can understand us considering it but we absolutely CAN NOT sell to the rangers. Selling our best player to the rangers, who will most likely be our biggest rivals for the title this season, would be absolute suicide IMO. The club have put out a huge statement of intent by coming out and saying that the title is our absolute number 1 aim this season so such a sale would really undermine that.

Where do I start with this post?!!! Erm...

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Put yourself in Stubbs' shoes.

Say a £1m offer was made for Alan and you're given the choice - either hold on to him or use the money to add 3-4 players to the squad at £3-4k per week.

What do you do?

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    He's repeatedly said he wants to stay till the end of his contract. He couldn't have made it clearer. I've no idea how you've come to the conclusion you have.

United we stand here....