hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Now tv

First Team Breakthrough Dav1986's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: davidmcandrew86

Now tv

Hey guys,

Looking for some advice here....

At the moment I have sky entertainment tv package with phone and broadband. I was looking at getting a now tv box as I have access to a friends Netflix account and have an app on my phone that I can stream new movies/tv shows from so I was thinking I don't necessarily need my sky package anymore.

It looks like can get entertainment pass on now tv for £6.99 a month (would still have free view channels amd stuff like comedy central through the box) would I still need to keep my line rental and broadband with sky to stream this?

So basically I'd be paying £7 a month plus line rental and broadband? Is that right?

Also a plus point is that if there's any sports I want to watch I can pay for the day pass if need be...

Thanks for advice in advance 👍

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaft View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hey guys,

At the moment I have sky entertainment tv package with phone and broadband. I was looking at getting a now tv box as I have access to a friends Netflix account and have an app on my phone that I can stream new movies/tv shows from so I was thinking I don't necessarily need my sky package anymore.

It looks like can get entertainment pass on now tv for £6.99 a month (would still have free view channels amd stuff like comedy central through the box) would I still need to keep my line rental and broadband with sky to stream this?

So basically I'd be paying £7 a month plus line rental and broadband? Is that right?

Also a plus point is that if there's any sports I want to watch I can pay for the day pass if need be...

Thanks for advice in advance 
    Buy a now tv from someone like these guys, you wont be dissapointed.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1390227857971169/

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Hey guys,

Thanks for advice in advance 

i've been with talktalk for decades now and had a now TV box 2 years ago...so the answer is NO you don't have to have sky broadband

http://www.nowtv.com/

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Hey guys,

Thanks for advice in advance 👍
    as mentioned above, you can have your broadband with anyone and use Now TV.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

First Team Breakthrough Dav1986's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: davidmcandrew86
    Cheers guys, I just meant I needed to keep some form of broadband and line rental, not necessarily sky's. Although I realise that I worded it poorly! Called up and now got free broadband for the year so paying £30 less a month now and getting pretty much everything I watch anyway 👍

BH, thanks for the link. That's something I'm going to look into in the future and convince the missus it's all legit as she was moaning at me for having showbox etc 😂

Cheers everyone!