hibs.net Messageboard

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Derek Riordan

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Posted from a poster on ICT Forum today.

ictbob
    First Team Squad

+07: Player Sponsor
    130 posts
    Interests:caley and drinking
    Posted yesterday at 8:15 PM · Report post
    Derek riordan is on trial with us.
    Mental

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    He's the best goal scorer I've ever seen that's for sure. But big Frank and Latapy were different class imo. I think people should appreciate them for what they were and not compare each other!

I wouldn't say he wasted his talent, but he certainly didn't achieve what his early potential promised. Either way he's played for Hibs, scored some amazing goals for Hibs and a player who I'll always remember foundly!

I was blessed by seeing Steve Archibald in a Hibs strip , did not play for long but what a striker !

Also If anyone knows Deek and needs a Game we could use him at the Civil Service Strollers !

Quote Originally Posted by happiehibbie View Post
    I was blessed by seeing Steve Archibald in a Hibs strip , did not play for long but what a striker !
    Yep.He never sprinted to get back onside but a great forward fot us.

OK. **** it. Popularity is well overrated.

I say, bring Deek hame again.

He could score for fun in this league. Anyone telling me otherwise is either stone radge, had their eyes cut out with a blunt teaspoon or has taken to sniffing industrial sized pritt-stick whilst chewing on tomatoes freshly harvested from ***ishima

DEEK..DEEK...DEEK...DEEK

(PS I am not joking)

ENDOF

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Signed Deek for Stenhousemuir on FM, he only has 2.5 stars, scored one goal and his mood was perpetually "abysmal". 0/10 would not sign again.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Martini View Post
    OK. **** it. Popularity is well overrated.

I say, bring Deek hame again.

He could score for fun in this league. Anyone telling me otherwise is either stone radge, had their eyes cut out with a blunt teaspoon or has taken to sniffing industrial sized pritt-stick whilst chewing on tomatoes freshly harvested from ***ishima

DEEK..DEEK...DEEK...DEEK

(PS I am not joking)

ENDOF
    If he could score for fun in this league then im sure someone would have signed him long ago, guy was really good at the time but his time here has long since passed

Quote Originally Posted by superhibi1 View Post
    If he could score for fun in this league then im sure someone would have signed him long ago, guy was really good at the time but his time here has long since passed
    Really? I recall the same being said about a certain couple of players by the name of Crawford and Brewster. Both old, past it and their time here was gone.

I recall what they both done next when playing against us.

Dead balls, corners and in fact any little opening - you're telling me Riordan couldn't exploit this?

I think so. Could he play every game and be fit enough for the premier league? Dunno. Could he score for fun in this league against some teams who are part time and some who are a bawhair from being so? TFR.

However, we are unlikely to find out sadly. Mores the pity...

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    Really? I recall the same being said about a certain couple of players by the name of Crawford and Brewster. Both old, past it and their time here was gone.

Dead balls, corners and in fact any little opening - you're telling me Riordan couldn't exploit this?

I think so. Could he play every game and be fit enough for the premier league? Dunno. Could he score for fun in this league against some teams who are part time and some who are a bawhair from being so? TFR.

I'm with you mate! Pace and sharpness can be lost, but natural ability and finishing instincts last. He'd score goals for us. Free kicks alone would see him tally some up!

Keep taking them pills BM! Brewster and Crawford consistantly played games each season, Deek has hardly kicked a ball in anger for a while now and when he has its.been sporadic and he has hardly set the heather alight, time to move on and quit the wind up ;-)

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar

I dont know how he would play now as ive not seen him play in years, if he could do all the things you say then why is it only lower league teams looking at him? As i said before, great player when he was here but cant see him playing in a league higher than the second division now

Ok then seeing as we have a striker shortage sign him up till January and take it from there.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    Ok then seeing as we have a striker shortage sign him up till January and take it from there.
    Surely a pay as you play deal would work for both parties?

Funny that, because how I remember it was that Brewster only left because Dunfermline offered him silly money, at a level they couldn't possibly afford.

Hibs wanted him to stay and most Fans were gutted at losing him.

Brewster and Crawford were also regular starters for Hibs and didn't have massive breaks in their careers while trying to find a club, so the comparison is ludicrous.

First Team Breakthrough
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: jayjaygrant
    Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    Funny that, because how I remember it was that Brewster only left because Dunfermline offered him silly money, at a level they couldn't possibly afford.

Brewster and Crawford were also regular starters for Hibs and didn't have massive breaks in their careers while trying to find a club, so the comparison is ludicrous.

This

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Personally I'd be delighted to see him sign for Inverness.

Legend.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Here we go again...

Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    Keep taking them pills BM! Brewster and Crawford consistantly played games each season, Deek has hardly kicked a ball in anger for a while now and when he has its.been sporadic and he has hardly set the heather alight, time to move on and quit the wind up ;-)
    Not wind up. Did I say I thought Riordan could cut it week in, week out against the Premier League opponents? Truth be told, it's doubtful. However, as someone else pointed out, against lesser opposition and with THAT much skill (he never had an abundance of pace anyway), do you really believe he wouldnt chip in with more goals than some of our players?

Quote Originally Posted by superhibi1 View Post
    I dont know how he would play now as ive not seen him play in years, if he could do all the things you say then why is it only lower league teams looking at him? As i said before, great player when he was here but cant see him playing in a league higher than the second division now
    I dont know...however, we have signed many FAR quicker, possibly fitter and definitely younger players than Riordan and attempted to get them to play fitba and score goals over the last ten years. Being fast, fit and young doth not make a finisher.....again just MY opinion....

Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    ...stranger things have happened (and worked)

Quote Originally Posted by DJ HIBBY View Post
    Much more likely. What would we lose? I'd go along with such a plan as being worthy of a try

Ah wait, hud on...many will pipe up and preach about the "disruptive influence/george street/etc etc" and pray tell me about the disruptive influence we have right now that most people are happy to write off if said player knuckles down and plays???

Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post

...some were and there is some truth in that. There are also plenty threads (look back if you can be arsed, I cant) on here saying both were old, past it (especially Brewster) and both suprlus to requirements. Both scored against us....

Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    Personally I'd be delighted to see him sign for Inverness.
    Legend.
    Id like to see him play again. I do believe, irrespective of what anyone says, that you do not lose the ability to finish a ball. Yes you will get slower and yes you will lose fitness and eventually your mental abilities.....but finishing skills that net you a hundred plus goals, dont disappear.................

@hibs.net private member
    Here we go again...

Not wind up. Did I say I thought Riordan could cut it week in, week out against the Premier League opponents? Truth be told, it's doubtful. However, as someone else pointed out, against lesser opposition and with THAT much skill (he never had an abundance of pace anyway), do you really believe he wouldnt chip in with more goals than some of our players?

I dont know...however, we have signed many FAR quicker, possibly fitter and definitely younger players than Riordan and attempted to get them to play fitba and score goals over the last ten years. Being fast, fit and young doth not make a finisher.....again just MY opinion....

Much more likely. What would we lose? I'd go along with such a plan as being worthy of a try

Ah wait, hud on...many will pipe up and preach about the "disruptive influence/george street/etc etc" and pray tell me about the disruptive influence we have right now that most people are happy to write off if said player knuckles down and plays???

...some were and there is some truth in that. There are also plenty threads (look back if you can be arsed, I cant) on here saying both were old, past it (especially Brewster) and both suprlus to requirements. Both scored against us....

Id like to see him play again. I do believe, irrespective of what anyone says, that you do not lose the ability to finish a ball. Yes you will get slower and yes you will lose fitness and eventually your mental abilities.....but finishing skills that net you a hundred plus goals, dont disappear.................

Dont know why you would think he would score goals for fun in this league. In the last 4 years he has played about 34 games for 6 different clubs scoring only 5 goals. Hardly prolific! There was about a 2 year spell where only played 18 games and scored none. I loved him when he was with hibs but I think he isnt good enough for hibs now.

Here we go again...

I am sure Fernando Torres would strongly disagree lol.

Get him in Stubbs lol

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by eastmainsmsh View Post
    Get him in Stubbs lol
    Watched Riordan play for East Fife at end of last season and had the pleasure of meeting him after the game Came accross as a nice guy but on his performance on the park Im sorry he just did not cut it ad i'd hoped
    Last edited by cmcd; 12-08-2015 at 03:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by happiehibbie View Post
    I remember going to watch him as well after we signed him. As you say wasn't with us long but talent was incredible.

I remember going to watch him as well after we signed him. As you say wasn't with us long but talent was incredible.
    His goal at the PBS into the Gorgie Road end had us all forgetting about being soaked in the pouring rain.

His two goals v Smellic at ER when Roughie was in goal for them.

2 moments I remember well!!

Fell out with Miller!

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    His goal at the PBS into the Gorgie Road end had us all forgetting about being soaked in the pouring rain.

Fell out with Miller!
    Taxi for Archibald ....
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

We aw love the Deeks. I'll settle for Rod putting the word out that Hibs are letting him train at EM jut tae get another 1000 oan the gate in anticipation of the return

@hibs.net private member stantonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    Taxi for Archibald ....
    Can remember the headline.... Miller hails Hibs, Archie hails taxi!

Quote Originally Posted by DJ HIBBY View Post
    A pay per goal deal would be better ;)

The way I see it is, he could be the next Chic Charnley.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post

Fell out with Miller!
    Remember both those times as well Al. What I'd do to have a player like that in the team now!!

Remember both those times as well Al. What I'd do to have a player like that in the team now!!
    Indeed TC. For all the alleged faults Milker had he did manage to attract some quality players to ER.

I'd take him back. 100+ goals for us deserves respect and a chance even if it was just to have him around the squad. it would be great to have passionate fan in there let them know what it means to play for hibs. He would cost us buttons but his passion and experience would be invaluable!